Meaty May - for those with carnivorous tendencies

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Pretty good here although weight up and down a bit possibly due to transit times....
Yesterday had some cold ham as a late afternoon meal followed by eggs, bacon, sausage, liver and kidney fry up for dinner.
Day before finished up the leg of lamb from saturday cold.
Down just over 3 pounds from starting but would like to be down some more so will now try and stick more religiously to OMAD.
Tonight Chicken Tikka main course from the takeaway with some tandoori lamb chops on the side... should be good.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Pretty good here too, although also had a day running higher BG than usual yesterday - following a few OMAD days, needed to eat a lot more on Tuesday and sent numbers up. Slightly off piste yesterday with a few squares of 90% and some cocoa mixed with cream.

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I’m facing some challenges between now and Monday.
Travelling to London by coach today to see my son and attend the conference, loads of reminders there of my old habits and away from my home control.
Friday night will be the hardest, we are meeting at Caldesi in Marylebone for some high quality low carb food, last year it was 5 courses and divine.
The food at lunchtime at RCOGP is utterly amazing and tomorrow I’m staying in an hotel in Ealing right opposite my most favourite cafe W5. It’s real food but it’s not just meat, their hummus is the best I’ve ever tasted.

I’ve got coffee and cold meat for travel and the thinnest of resolve to be strong. Let’s see what happens.

@Goonergal fancy buddying up at lunchtime?

Reactions: 1spuds

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I’m facing some challenges between now and Monday.
Travelling to London by coach today to see my son and attend the conference, loads of reminders there of my old habits and away from my home control.
Friday night will be the hardest, we are meeting at Caldesi in Marylebone for some high quality low carb food, last year it was 5 courses and divine.
The food at lunchtime at RCOGP is utterly amazing and tomorrow I’m staying in an hotel in Ealing right opposite my most favourite cafe W5. It’s real food but it’s not just meat, their hummus is the best I’ve ever tasted.

I’ve got coffee and cold meat for travel and the thinnest of resolve to be strong. Let’s see what happens.

@Goonergal fancy buddying up at lunchtime?

Hi. Yes, let’s meet at lunchtime. I’ll be with @shelley262 and @DJC3. Would be great to share some of the food with you - my expectations are very high after all your recommendations!

I’m also facing challenges. Chocolate craving is in full swing - never a good idea to give in, but I have twice. Hopefully no such temptations at the PHC. Look forward to meeting you.

Reactions: DJC3

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi. Yes, let’s meet at lunchtime. I’ll be with @shelley262 and @DJC3. Would be great to share some of the food with you - my expectations are very high after all your recommendations!

I’m also facing challenges. Chocolate craving is in full swing - never a good idea to give in, but I have twice. Hopefully no such temptations at the PHC. Look forward to meeting you.

There’s not much sweet stuff at all, at least there wasn’t last year. I was going to suggest getting 100% choc. I bought a bag of buttons to make stuff for the grandchildren and thought they would be too bitter to eat but sadly, they’re not! Everybody else thinks I’m weird but I tried a few yesterday and now they are hidden from me.

You’ll easily find me, we are there first thing and the theatre and dining space are all in the same area.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
There’s not much sweet stuff at all, at least there wasn’t last year. I was going to suggest getting 100% choc. I bought a bag of buttons to make stuff for the grandchildren and thought they would be too bitter to eat but sadly, they’re not! Everybody else thinks I’m weird but I tried a few yesterday and now they are hidden from me.

You’ll easily find me, we are there first thing and the theatre and dining space are all in the same area.

I know changed taste buds and all that. The normal stuff is of no interest, but the 90% plus slides down all too easily.

Reactions: 1spuds and DJC3

Caeseji

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Self-fellating idiots that don't at all look at other people's views
Bon voyage and I really hope it goes well for you all!

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
Costco-ing and found the perfect toast to Meaty May (bought steelhead trout too for son to smoke for me)
IMG_8337.jpg

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Day two of the conference and the lunch was lovely. There were a few carnivores there that tucked into lamb and Brie with a couple of odd looks from people, especially the service staff!

Today I had to save my four lamb ribs from my grandchildren, little wotsits (I deleted the very mild profanity) I couldn’t finish them off (the ribs, not the children) so they gnawed the rest of the meat and fat off and I’ve promised them a lamb rib dinner this week.

I still get that craving to continue to eat after I’ve eaten though, some days it’s a real battle but that holds true for any food I eat. I can do 6-10 day fasts but the second I eat something, I want to carry on. Anybody else?

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I still get that craving to continue to eat after I’ve eaten though, some days it’s a real battle but that holds true for any food I eat. I can do 6-10 day fasts but the second I eat something, I want to carry on. Anybody else?

I can’t do the long fasts but totally get the wanting to continue to eat once I start. Happened big time on Monday. Shooting for a strict period.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
About time for an update I guess. I cracked a little last night and had a few raspberries with creme fraiche and cream..after my 2 pork chops
however awoke to

weight 202.4 pounds
FBG 3.9!
Ketones 2.4 !!!

So down 5 1/2 pounds so far but it has been a bit up and down.

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
About time for an update I guess. I cracked a little last night and had a few raspberries with creme fraiche and cream..after my 2 pork chops
however awoke to

weight 202.4 pounds
FBG 3.9!
Ketones 2.4 !!!

So down 5 1/2 pounds so far but it has been a bit up and down.

Blooming ace!

How do you feel?

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@bulkbiker that's a fabulous fasting glucose. I thought I was doing well with a 4.1 a few days ago. Now I feel obliged to shoot for a 3.8 :hilarious:
I was a bit shocked.. although on 01 March I had a 3.5 from the Tee2 and even the SD Codefree had a 4.2!
But that was when fasting fasting.. if you know what I mean..

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That is brill BB.
Well done. :)

I've been plugging away at carnivory, as usual, with the added tweak that I dropped my usual 2 squares choc due to some gut inflammation (caused entirely by my straying and having 2 spoonfuls of muesli). Inflammation lasted a week, but all better now.

Have been having some dairy (cream and butter) although I know that my guts benefit from cutting dairy when they are feelng particularly fragile.
- but getting enough fat in, in order to keep keto ratios is hard work when you (well, when I) cut out dairy. I find butter soooooo much more palatable than lard and beef dripping!

The profiteroles seem a distant memory - until I make the next batch ;)

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Great stuff @bulkbiker and @Brunneria

Struggling here - the resolve of carnivore January has deserted me and waaay too much chocolate and almond butter has been consumed. Not much left in stock so back on track and an extension into June required - anyone think of a synonym for meat beginning with J?

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Great stuff @bulkbiker and @Brunneria

Struggling here - the resolve of carnivore January has deserted me and waaay too much chocolate and almond butter has been consumed. Not much left in stock so back on track and an extension into June required - anyone think of a synonym for meat beginning with J?

Juicy?