Type 1'stars R Us

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
@Knikki . Canapés and Vol au vents ??????????
Ok ok if we’re having a carb party I’ll bring custard, bread and butter pudding, apple crumble, chocolate brownies and treacle sponge, oh and a Vienetta.:):).
If we’re watching carbs I’ll gladly leave the canapés and vol au vents in the fridge.

I think @Knikki's gone back to the 1970's lol, maybe watching Abigails party on YouTube o_O:)

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@hh1 . I try to have something diabetes related in my avatar. The lady in my current avatar is involved in diabetes research.
She is also one of the worlds top models but that is purely secondary in her being chosen to represent me.:)
When I change my avatar I will try to see if I can find someone or something that bears more of a resemblance to me.;););)

Reactions: porl69

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Night night celeryheads

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
A sunny good morning to everyone and that includes celery addicts.
Rudely awoken at 4.30 by a low alarm ( 3.9 ) a quick blurry eyed check of the receiver had me down as steadily falling since around 2.00.
A few jelly babies seemed to have saved the day, sitting steady at 8.1 now.
What to have for breakfast that’s the next thing to consider.
Missed out on the full English yesterday. Might suggest we pop out for a bit of brekkie around about 9.00. OH will be dressed, hair done and minimal make up on and standing by the side of the car at around 9.02.:):):)
Off for a coffee now, finger prick to calibrate Dexcom and insulin just for the fun of it.
Enjoy breakfast everyone.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning everyone enjoy whats left of the weekend ninjas will be here within the next hour so im just childproofing house while drinking copious amounts of coffee

Reactions: hh1

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
I suppose we could make exceptions in special cases.:)

I am that special case!!!! I love hummus and loathe celery ..... let me in ........

Reactions: therower and Knikki

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
I have just spat my tea out :wideyed:, you have put me down as Robinredbeast, I am not a beast, honestly I'm not :angelic: otherwise I could be sacrificed at Stonehenge :eek::nailbiting: ( lovely place though );)

Well, Mel and I promise not to eat you all up! Does that help?

Reactions: porl69

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Yayayyayay - I shall wear my very bestest sacrificial robe with my blue Birkenstocks, a long wand, and Deeley-boppers :joyful::joyful::joyful:

Reactions: Antje77

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Celery is the vegetable of the devil, grown by Beelzebub himself in the allotments of Hades. The only thing to eat peanut butter with is a spoon. Or maybe a shovel.

On that note, in an effort to lose some weight, I have not replenished supplies of mayo, avocados, cheese-I-can-actually-eat, chocklit, peanut, almond or cashew butter, nuts in general or any lardy treats. So (after half a bottle of wine) I ended up raiding my husband’s lunchbox for his bag of mixed nuts which I furiously pounded in my mahoosive pestle and mortar with some salt and pepper to make a very passable nut butter. So much for willpower :banghead:
My new regime went exactly the same way but it's difficult not to drink the wine @Mel dCP

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Another lovely morning here in Oxford so it'll be a day in the garden. A friend is coming for dinner/supper st 6 so it's duck and plum sauce and he can have some Jersey Royals. Might steal one or two and there'll be wine and pud. New/old regime might have to restart

Reactions: Knikki and hh1
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I was thinking of starting to participate in this thread and throwing in some drunken party bears in case anyone hypoed (Leave gummi bears overnight in dark rum. They'll get twice as big!) but I'm doubting the wisdom of this now I've read this:

Not sure what Twiglets or Ritz crackers are but I love hummus. No celery though, unless you count celeriac?

If this is all:

I should be safe, as I've had my deely boppers for a long time now!
deely-boppers-jpg.25661

Happy Sunday @Antje77 how are you this sunny morning ?

Last edited: