Type 1'stars R Us

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Another lovely morning here in Oxford so it'll be a day in the garden. A friend is coming for dinner/supper st 6 so it's duck and plum sauce and he can have some Jersey Royals. Might steal one or two and there'll be wine and pud. New/old regime might have to restart

We're the other way round today - our not-a-daughter-in-law and son have invited us round for dinner. She is veggie, he is flexi and lovely girl is making a vegan mushroom risotto. She is one the best cooks I have come across, and does totally delicious desserts. I am looking forward to it :hungry:

Reactions: SueJB and hh1
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Happy Sunday guys, it's a beautiful sunny day and getting warmer too. Off to my local Transport show today, weather looks good and it's free too :)

Woke up on double figure this morning, but corrected with more Insulin.

Have a great day, whatever you're doing :happy:

Reactions: Knikki
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
We're the other way round today - our not-a-daughter-in-law and son have invited us round for dinner. She is veggie, he is flexi and lovely girl is making a vegan mushroom risotto. She is one the best cooks I have come across, and does totally delicious desserts. I am looking forward to it :hungry:

I love mushroom risotto and cook it myself, but not vegan, my son loves it too, as he is vegetarian.

Reactions: porl69 and WuTwo

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
@Robinredbreast - I just think it's so sweet of her. She'll have had to find a vegan recipe, and I bet she did a practice run (I would) and she'll have done the same for the dessert. It's a lot of trouble to go to and I really appreciate it. Even if she was a terrible cook I'd be grateful for the thought and effort. The fact she's a brilliant cook is just the sausage in the roll, so to speak!

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Morning teabags, your not-daughter-in-law, I agree, sounds lovely @Robinredbreast (carefully checked typing there).
Woke up with a 17 at 5am, urgh, too carried away by the thought of atavistic sacrifices to put in second bolus for wholemeal fajitas, duh! Fiasp, it seems, didn’t need the extra unit for that level of bs that Novo did so woke at 9 with a 2.9. Useful lesson.
Gloriously sunny here so it’s a walk along the marshes to an old pub later. The path tracks past moorings, bird-filled bodies of water and fields. We haven’t done it for some time now and I’m really looking forward to it.
Have a cheerful Sunday everyone.

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning fellow celery haters, Ok and the rest of you guys.

Late to the party as usual but my thoughts'

Celery is just NOOOOOOOOO

My other list of banned foods are hummus,mayo,guacamole, dips of any sort and of course marmite

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

@smc4761 - Aha - your bit of the table, or picnic blankie, or travelling fridge will have no dips, guacamole or mayo, and we will keep the Marmite pot out of sight....

Mel and her massive pestle and mortar will make the nut butter :hilarious::hilarious:

Reactions: Knikki

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Woke up with a 17 at 5am, urgh, too carried away by the thought of atavistic sacrifices to put in second bolus for wholemeal fajitas, duh! Fiasp, it seems, didn’t need the extra unit for that level of bs that Novo did so woke at 9 with a 2.9. Useful lesson.

Ouch! Hope it all resolved in the end!

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Ouch! Hope it all resolved in the end!

Thank you, yes, half a jelly baby and a 5g carb biscuit with feet on the floor shot half an hour later and all’s good. Just a few extra minutes tending to the T1 passenger

Reactions: Knikki and WuTwo

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Happy Sunday @Antje77 how are you this sunny morning ?
Thank you, pretty good but with sore muscles from unusual work yesterday. Which is fine, except I promised my neighbour to attack the thistles in both our gardens today. Ouch.
But feeling pretty smug with mysalf for nailing this diabetes thing with Chinese takeaway yesterday, haven't been above 7 or below 4.8 since eating :)
Didn't feel so smug yesterday during work as I was reminded (again :oops:) not to rage-bolus, especially when expecting physical work, and to sit down and wait when treating a hypo as, no, my brain doesn't work right when hypo so no use in trying to untangle all the lines in a 30 meter sailng boat mast while looking up in the sun and munching licorice. The lines won't get untangled, you'll probably let one of them slip and let it fly too high to reach and it takes ages to get rid of the hypo that way.:wacky:

Oh well, I guess I need a reminder every once in a while :angelic:

If the weather is as nice where you are I hope you are enjoying it as much as I do, @Robinredbreast !

I was wondering yesterday night, when I eat chicory leaves with hummus in bed, do I need to wear my deely boppers or is it allowed to eat it without?

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Hypos never come along when it would be convenient, do they? Pick a time when it's going to cause the most chaos possible - and that's when you'll hypo!

Huge effort sorting out kitchen shelves. And only one minor spat! We need a new fruit, veg & vegan stuff fridge so we have had to make a space. We both agreed that it would be much easier if there was one fridge where I knew I could eat everything without having to read every **** label. Also, it means nothing vegan will be where the meat and fish is. Final bonus is that theoretically there'll be more space in each because we don't need more food - just more space!

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Hypos never come along when it would be convenient, do they? Pick a time when it's going to cause the most chaos possible - and that's when you'll hypo!

Huge effort sorting out kitchen shelves. And only one minor spat! We need a new fruit, veg & vegan stuff fridge so we have had to make a space. We both agreed that it would be much easier if there was one fridge where I knew I could eat everything without having to read every **** label. Also, it means nothing vegan will be where the meat and fish is. Final bonus is that theoretically there'll be more space in each because we don't need more food - just more space!
I have the top shelf of the fridge and my own cupboard where I keep all the stuff I can eat - I'll confess to getting a bit territorial when one of the menfolk put things I don't eat in there... :oops:

Reactions: SueJB and Knikki

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good noonery to yah..

No problems with celery me. Love the stuff.
All this talk of a gathering at Stonehenge got me pondering. I live less than an hour's drive away.
@therower 's profile pic also reminds me of this weird encounter near the henge with a Druid in a hut talking to a group of bemused Japanese tourists..
Our group (a freind & his partner over from Finland, my wife & I.) came out of the structure, not only with a lost sense of time. But individually confused as to the gender of this Druid.

I immediately grabbed my meter.. ;)

So, what's the meaning of Stonehenge..
Is it a giant granite birthday cake, or a prison far to easy to escape...?

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
The timing was fine, actually. I could have taken a break without problem, especially as everybody else was having a break at that moment. It was just my stupid hypo brain that insisted I didn't want or need a break...
Final bonus is that theoretically there'll be more space in each because we don't need more food - just more space!
:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::facepalm::wacky: You don't really believe that, do you?

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

The timing was fine, actually. I could have taken a break without problem, especially as everybody else was having a break at that moment. It was just my stupid hypo brain that insisted I didn't want or need a break...

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::facepalm::wacky: You don't really believe that, do you?

I just love a good theory.....

Won't work because my husband does most of the food shopping, and shops for fifteen when there's two of us. I end up doing a lot of cooking and freezing....

@Mel dCP We always shared nicely, but lately I have noticed creepage and it's getting worse! :mad:

Reactions: Knikki and Antje77

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Just caught this. & interesting you bring this up. My non D mum has Alzheimer's & was tried on some drugs.. They gave her a severe adverse reaction. So it was considered quality of life over preventing the possibility of further condition development.

One thing I've read up on regarding the understanding of Alzhiemers, is autopsies in deceased patients have thrown up an "insulin resistance" in the brain?

According to the consultants with my mum, there's nothing in her lifestyle that should put her at risk?

Now here is where it gets interesting... My mum was a vegitarian, then Vegan for over 35 years. She would have continued if it wasn't for the Alzhiemers. It was her fully respected "choice."
In Fact it was the first thing I noticed something was probably "wrong." Over the breakfast table with a fry up one morning after popping round to tidy her garden..
This new adopted default protien source diet, seems to have inadvertently slowed or halted her condition's progression..?

It is a complex condition, there is probably more to it than that...
I hope she had her Vitamin B 12 checked over the years !

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

I hope she had her Vitamin B 12 checked over the years !

Happily, as a veeg that's one thing I'm very careful about, so if a B12 deficiency is a cause of dementia I have a defence in place. That's not to say one of the other causes won't get me in the end, but hey ...... s**t happens. (Is that a swear word on here - is there a list?)

Last edited:

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@WuTwo I also have a not-a-daughter-in-law. I never knew what to refer to her as, but since she has now been with my son 6+ years and has given us our gorgeous grandson (2 today!) I got fed up, and now just call her daughter-in-law!