Type 1'stars R Us

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I could bring ‘grown up’ jelly to the party - sugar free jelly made with half water and half wine and a few berries chucked in. Always goes well at my get togethers - only problem is that there is never any left for the following day. That goes for the pavlova as well.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I could bring ‘grown up’ jelly to the party - sugar free jelly made with half water and half wine and a few berries chucked in. Always goes well at my get togethers - only problem is that there is never any left for the following day. That goes for the pavlova as well.
Please don't dilute wine with water. Or jelly ;)
@Mel dCP do you want the malt and salmon separate or mixed? Can do either :pompous:
I can mix it internally.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
We mustn’t forget what @Robinredbeast would like as a celebration party.

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Be careful. We are currently looking for someone to sacrifice at Stonehenge. ;););)

This needs a co-ordinated UK wide national policy: you sacrifice at Stonehenge anyone who doesn't like Twiglets; I sacrifice at, erm, anywhere near to me at a convenient tram-stop, anyone who doesn't like Ritz crackers.

I'll have to think a bit about what we do with celery/hummus lovers.

Reactions: WuTwo

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Hi guys quick question about the Libre. Going on my first holiday abroad to a hot country, Turkey in 10 days time. How is the Libre in hot countries and with going in and out of water a lot. At moment I have no issue with it sticking to my body just wondering a combination of heat, sweat and water may affect it.

Anyone have any experience of this. Thanks
I used skin tac last year, no problems at all including a Turkish bath

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
We pass a new law. Deeley boppers to be worn by celery/ hummus lovers. At least that way we’ll be able to spot them and give them a wide berth.;)

Watch it, celery/hummus lovers have long wands

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Celery/hummus lovers will sacrifice everyone else at Avebury - in a big barrel of metheglin

Reactions: WuTwo

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I was thinking of starting to participate in this thread and throwing in some drunken party bears in case anyone hypoed (Leave gummi bears overnight in dark rum. They'll get twice as big!) but I'm doubting the wisdom of this now I've read this:

This needs a co-ordinated UK wide national policy: you sacrifice at Stonehenge anyone who doesn't like Twiglets; I sacrifice at, erm, anywhere near to me at a convenient tram-stop, anyone who doesn't like Ritz crackers.

I'll have to think a bit about what we do with celery/hummus lovers.
Not sure what Twiglets or Ritz crackers are but I love hummus. No celery though, unless you count celeriac?

If this is all:
We pass a new law. Deeley boppers to be worn by celery/ hummus lovers. At least that way we’ll be able to spot them and give them a wide berth.;)
I should be safe, as I've had my deely boppers for a long time now!
deely-boppers-jpg.25661

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I’m an omnivore, but sweet stuff in small doses, and I love Stonehenge, and Avebury. Just waiting for the bar staff to call time so we can take it out to the street.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Oh, except for tripe which is yuk.