Jessielouiseb

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
so I was diagnosed type 2 a few months ago, I have lost 1stone 10 Lbs so far...I havnt gone low carb, Keto, I still eat carbs (not refined, just brown and wholegrain), but focus more on veggies, fruits. I do eat low fat (follow slimming world).....I test my blood sugars like 10 times a day and alway in non diabetic numbers.
So for the last 4 weeks my blood sugar levels have been normal, both fasting and post meal which I’m very happy about (usually in the 4s fasting).

I still have 7 stone to lose to get to my target weight, I’m obese but surprised how well my blood sugar control is so far, my main question is, as I lose more weight and get to my target weight of 10 stone, will my blood sugar and metabolism improve even greater than what they are now?, like is there a chance my body can handle a carb heavy meal when I’m nearer to my target weight....

I understand weight isn’t the main reason of becoming diabetic, but In my opinion I know it was the weight that caused me to be diabetic, as from my own experiment losing over 1.5 stone has dropped my blood sugar back to normal, And all I did with my diet is cut out the fatty processed foods, cooked healthy meals at home using healthy fats, protein and carbs

Reactions: jpscloud

Caeseji

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Self-fellating idiots that don't at all look at other people's views
so I was diagnosed type 2 a few months ago, I have lost 1stone 10 Lbs so far...I havnt gone low carb, Keto, I still eat carbs (not refined, just brown and wholegrain), but focus more on veggies, fruits. I do eat low fat (follow slimming world).....I test my blood sugars like 10 times a day and alway in non diabetic numbers.
So for the last 4 weeks my blood sugar levels have been normal, both fasting and post meal which I’m very happy about (usually in the 4s fasting).

I still have 7 stone to lose to get to my target weight, I’m obese but surprised how well my blood sugar control is so far, my main question is, as I lose more weight and get to my target weight of 10 stone, will my blood sugar and metabolism improve even greater than what they are now?, like is there a chance my body can handle a carb heavy meal when I’m nearer to my target weight....

I understand weight isn’t the main reason of becoming diabetic, but In my opinion I know it was the weight that caused me to be diabetic, as from my own experiment losing over 1.5 stone has dropped my blood sugar back to normal, And all I did with my diet is cut out the fatty processed foods, cooked healthy meals at home using healthy fats, protein and carbs
That is some impressive work already, I am honestly taking my hat off to you there Jessie! A lot of people have noticed that they have a better response when losing even a modest amount of weight (see the DIRECT trial) because of the reduction in visceral fat around the liver and pancreas. Losing more weight would give better results in both health and perhaps Diabetes. This is a chaotic condition however so keep up the work and see what happens! A lot of Diabetes reversal these days is N=1 but from what it seems? It's all working for you and could get better but just make sure to dedicate yourself to a lifestyle you can sustain. Once you lose the weight you can regain it just as fast and the diabetes along with it.

Again, VERY much rooting for you as that is fantastic results.

Jessielouiseb

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That is some impressive work already, I am honestly taking my hat off to you there Jessie! A lot of people have noticed that they have a better response when losing even a modest amount of weight (see the DIRECT trial) because of the reduction in visceral fat around the liver and pancreas. Losing more weight would give better results in both health and perhaps Diabetes. This is a chaotic condition however so keep up the work and see what happens! A lot of Diabetes reversal these days is N=1 but from what it seems? It's all working for you and could get better but just make sure to dedicate yourself to a lifestyle you can sustain. Once you lose the weight you can regain it just as fast and the diabetes along with it.

Again, VERY much rooting for you as that is fantastic results.

Thankyou so much!, I definitely wouldn’t let my self out the amount of weight I did....a lot of people g on about low carb on here which works for them but i havnt done that and sometimes feel im doing something wrong,because a lot of people eat low carb and struggle to keep numbers low yet I’m eating a moderate carb diet and my numbers are normal in the space of a couple of months

Caeseji

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Self-fellating idiots that don't at all look at other people's views
Thankyou so much!, I definitely wouldn’t let my self out the amount of weight I did....a lot of people g on about low carb on here which works for them but i havnt done that and sometimes feel im doing something wrong,because a lot of people eat low carb and struggle to keep numbers low yet I’m eating a moderate carb diet and my numbers are normal in the space of a couple of months
That's the nature of the disease and it does depend on the starting point, some have been diabetic for a lot longer than they realise plus I feel age has a lot to do with it. I nailed mine into technical remission within a month of low carb after being really high the previous year. If it works for you then you're doing something right and we have a fair few members doing moderate carb and doing well too so never think you're doing something wrong there.

Reactions: HSSS