Type 1'stars R Us

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Coke has a use-by date?! Do the chemicals in it finally dissolve each other then the can?

Well, it's probably a Best Before date, butI'm not getting up to look until I've finished my breakfast, however, I think that is what will happen! Certainly the taste changes, and not for the better, past the date.

Reactions: Knikki and WuTwo

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning everyone, not very sunny from where I am, I guess because I woke up around 4:30am. I had a hypo this morning but all is good now after my cheeky oreos and coke, followed by usual iced coffee and breakfast. I'm hoping to get some studying done and get a nice nap late, maybe an iced coffee top up.

Reactions: Knikki and WuTwo

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning just been catching up. Grandson day yesterday so not much time. Levels are usually worse on a Tuesday as I check and correct less. (I have a lot of respect for Type 1 parents out there who have so much to juggle, and keep themselves fit.) But had a good straight line all day. Whoop! Checked in the night and up to 9 so had a unit and back to sleep. Awoke on a 6, result.
Welcome to @MeiChanski
Sorry cannot keep up with all the avatar changes, have to keep checking who you all are. Will have to be more imaginative myself.
Mass summer bedding planting today for in bloom. There are only 8 of us and 2 have a funeral to go to, so this could take a while. At least weather is good.
Have a good middle of the week everyone. Oh and apparently it is a bank holiday this weekend. That crept up without me realising.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Morning all! Wedding anniversary today, so I have a nice bottle of Laphroaig to try and not drink in one go. Husbeast got up at the same time as me this morning which has completely thrown my morning regime, which I have down to a fine art! Teaching cookery and textiles again today, should be not too awful. Bloods level and steady overnight, so I seem to have made the switch to my other basal programme at the right time.

Hope you all have smooth sailing on the bg sea ❤️

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning just been catching up. Grandson day yesterday so not much time. Levels are usually worse on a Tuesday as I check and correct less. (I have a lot of respect for Type 1 parents out there who have so much to juggle, and keep themselves fit.) But had a good straight line all day. Whoop! Checked in the night and up to 9 so had a unit and back to sleep. Awoke on a 6, result.
Welcome to @MeiChanski
Sorry cannot keep up with all the avatar changes, have to keep checking who you all are. Will have to be more imaginative myself.
Mass summer bedding planting today for in bloom. There are only 8 of us and 2 have a funeral to go to, so this could take a while. At least weather is good.
Have a good middle of the week everyone. Oh and apparently it is a bank holiday this weekend. That crept up without me realising.
Thank you, Oh Bank holiday? Well I just found out from you :hilarious:

Reactions: Knikki

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Morning all - holiday!!!!!

partyanimals.gif

Reactions: Japes

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
So, we are going over to the somewhat alternative town near us (my favourite town by far) because I need new essential oils for the diffusers, and more made-in-front of my very eyes nut butter (gonna go for cashew this time, or maybe push the boat out and get brazil nut butter - costly but hey....)

Also they have, on the outskirts of town, a supermarket we seldom go to - Morrisons and I want to trawl that one for products that we don't get in Sainsbury's and Asda. Don't have a Tesco near me, and the one I could get to has no nice shops near it and I hate the Tesco itself - great towering stacks of goods lining narrow little aisles - I feel like a rat in a trap in there and refuse to go.

But Morrisons I hear good things of, even though I dislike their cheesey TV ads so I'll go there.

And - there are vegan cafes in town - I'm gonna have lunch out!

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
What does everyone have planned for today? the sun is showing itself now :)
I've been pestering my bf to go out for a walk to get some fresh air and pick up my prescription today. He isn't buying into my junk food phase - you know some girls gotta have some kind of junk for this time of month.:hilarious:

Reactions: hh1 and WuTwo

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

I was tremendously lucky with periods - I never had pain or anything. My best mate (a teacher) fainted a couple of times in front of her class, because of the pain she was in, but when we were in our early 20's it was 40 years ago and according to the (nearly all male) GP's there was no such thing a period pain so there was no need for any treatment :rolleyes:

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I was tremendously lucky with periods - I never had pain or anything. My best mate (a teacher) fainted a couple of times in front of her class, because of the pain she was in, but when we were in our early 20's it was 40 years ago and according to the (nearly all male) GP's there was no such thing a period pain so there was no need for any treatment :rolleyes:
My inner feminist is screaming, when I was a wee young teenager my mum had to beg the GP for prescription pain killers for my period pains. Apparently the standard hot water bottle and over the counter pain killers should work. I know other females with endometriosis would scream too if they were not offered any treatment.
But now i'm a lot older, it's not too bad but I'm incredibly moody and all I would like right now is a mere bowl of fried chips with ketchup. I might take matters into my own hands and buy it without my bf, hehehe.

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Oddly male GP's learned very little about specific female problems (and in all honesty it sounds as if things aren't that much better now). More evidence (were it needed) of the patriarchal society. And scarily America seems to be devolving into an almost medieval pattern of female subjugation - how long before we follow especially if we develop closer ties with the US because of our future trade requirements.

Incidentally meat munchers - beware US meat - the lack of hygiene in slaughter houses and processing plants is terrifying - and accepted because of the chlorine they wash the meat with as it apparently kills the bugs. Oh yeah .....

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

And on that chirpy note I'm away to la-la land (which is what I've heard my lovely neighbouring town called by the very conventional peeps round here). Personally I love it there. Gorgeous clothes, food, shops, very accepting way of thinking about others - what's not to love?

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Oh yes I've read about the US meat slaughter houses and washing the meat with chlorine. I feel it is still a scary time to be a woman in the western world. Alabama restricting or banning abortion has stirred up the pot. But on a better note, we'll watch the world crash and burn while sipping on iced coffee.
Nice, enjoy it! I've been looking at holidays to South Korea or Japan because I've had this urge to study their language and learn about their culture. Oo and I love food. :hilarious:

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Good morning everyone. G’sons in last day of school before a day off for tomorrow’s visit and an inset Friday - 11 days off for them so I’m having a lazier morning. A couple of part-time job things to do later but apart from that it’s a bit of housework here, mainly sweeping up dog hair and taking said dog, who’s lovely, for a short Hamish style walk.
Happy wedding anniversary Mel and Husbeast
Commiserations all menstruators. So so glad it’s now in the past, consolation prize for all the less good effects of getting older.
And Robinredbreast, not good to nearly spit tea on a crowded train! Oh my, have fun!

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Morning all! Wedding anniversary today, so I have a nice bottle of Laphroaig to try and not drink in one go. Husbeast got up at the same time as me this morning which has completely thrown my morning regime, which I have down to a fine art! Teaching cookery and textiles again today, should be not too awful. Bloods level and steady overnight, so I seem to have made the switch to my other basal programme at the right time.

Hope you all have smooth sailing on the bg sea
Happy anniversary Mel

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Good morning.....
Sat up the hospital seeing the respiratory Dr again....see what he has to say today
Bloods really behaved last night....seems my tweeking worked

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Morning all, hope everyone's well. Poland was magic but Madam BG was not impressed by the beer, bread and all things tasty. some seriously high numbers which had to be pricked into submission. Put on 1.3k!! I recommend Gdansk