Type 1'stars R Us

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
You sickening for something? Were you very hot? Stressed? Due on soon?

Ummmm...

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Things we don't have on our house : self-locking locks. Too easy to get wrong for us - we'd probably lock ourselves out all the time otherwise.

When my son was little my then husband and I were separated and I was terrible for locking myself out. My mum had a set of my keys and would send them over in a taxi, and collect them next time she saw me :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
You sickening for something? Were you very hot? Stressed? Due on soon?

Ummmm...
I feel sick all the sweets and biscuits ive eaten no periods for about 10 years not particulary stressed over nothing its never happened to me b4 just gonna have a lie down and keep an eye on levels

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

I feel sick all the sweets and biscuits ive eaten no periods for about 10 years not particulary stressed over nothing its never happened to me b4 just gonna have a lie down and keep an eye on levels

I hope you feel better soon, but if you're actually going down with something at least you'll find out, and can go on to sick day rules if you need to.

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Happy wedding anniversary to @Mel dCP how many years is that?
434 plants installed by 2 of us at our end of the village with good water can filling backup from one of the chaps. Took 4 hours and am now cream crackered!

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

@becca59 - that's brilliant! Well done to the two of you.

Once @Mel dCP gets home and they hit the Laphroaig I dunno about the typing skills :joyful: Hope they have fun though - as the years go by it's amazing how many years have totted up and they deserve to be celebrated! We always say that some days it feels like we've been together forever, and others like it's been a few months.

Reactions: Knikki

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Things we don't have on our house : self-locking locks. Too easy to get wrong for us - we'd probably lock ourselves out all the time otherwise.
Exactly. First thing I changed when buying my house 5 years ago. (well, second. First was a fence to keep the dogs safe) Turned out the locking part of the new lock didn't fit the hole in the old doorframe and I haven't gotten round to hacking some more room in the doorframe so no need for keys, ever :) I can always find my car keys too, as they're in the car, as is my wallet so I never forget that either.
How I love not living in a city anymore!

Reactions: hh1

evilclive

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My parent's front door does not automatically lock and this worries me because it is the opposite of what I am used to and means they need a key indoors to lock up at night. They always keep the door key in the cabinet (not reachable from the door ... even through the letter box) which worries me that they are locked in if there is a fire and need to get out quickly.

A simple bolt isn't a bad option for locking up at night - you can't lose it. Though on the night of our wedding, with about 50-70 people camping in the field, my SIL decided she couldn't work out how to latch the door (old-style lever/bar thing) so bolted it, which caused interest in the morning when a proportion of those people wanted access to the toilet. Fortunately being mostly cavers, one was able to climb in through the kitchen window.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
11B8E7B0-8C0A-4039-A189-D568A381B36A.jpeg

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Exercise and alcohol are the usual candidates for falling BG.
Other than that, I was look at my basal insulin. Any chance you double-basalled (sorry, that is probably not a word but I hope you know what I mean)? Have you started a new basal pen/cartridge recently? You could look at changing it, just in case.
Rest is good but remember to keep a close eye on your BG in case it continues to fall.

Hope you feel better soon.
thanks helen ive had a little sleep feel a bit better ive only taken half my amount of insulin for my tea as levels still quite low i definately havent taken double dose of basal i started my new vial 4days ago ,also i have lowered basal recently i only take 10 units of tresiba down from 12its prob just a blip ......or maybe ive just woken up and the last 2 years living with diabetes has been a dream......if only :hilarious::hilarious:

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning ... no "Good Morning"
Last night I sussed carbonara - my BG didn't venture above 6 from the time I ate (about 8pm) until now. Sucks to anyone who says people with diabetes shouldn't eat pasta or pizza. OK, I know not everyone is lucky enough to be able to manage high carby meals but we are all different and putting a blanket ban on scrumptiousness is not necessary.
... Add on ... @Cumberland I hope Wispa is doing well. I realised she didn't feature in our doggie chat.
Love carbonara but make it with reheated pasta which, although carby, I can tolerate.

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Happy anniversary Mel and Husbeast.

@karen8967 . Hope things have levelled off and sorted themselves out by now.
Really can’t offer anymore than what’s already on the table.
For what it’s worth it happens to me quite often. Very annoying, especially if you’re not hungry.
Strange thing is it usually happens to me on a Thursday. No idea why.

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My carbonara is really a faux carbonara. I use creme fraiche instead of eggs. It’s quick, easy and reliable as long as you add lots of Parmesan and freshly ground back pepper.
You’re doing it again...........tempting everyone with you culinary delights.;););)

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
How I love this forum with all its sensible people! Every time I try asking something or helping someone out on one of the diabetes facebook groups the answers get me so frustrated I want to throw my computer out the window! About half an hour ago I posted this in a Dutch group. It was a Libre group, which suggests members are a little smarter and more involved with their diabetes than the members of the average diabetes group, as there are only a select few who get their Libre funded and many members are self funding.

Rough translation of my post:
"In anticipation of possible funding next year (in my situation). It seems that you get only 50 test strips quarterly when you have a funded sensor, so half a strip per day plus a couple to lose.
Has anyone looked into the cheapest test strips yet and where best to order them?"

So now I know 38 people never use up their alotted test strips, there are 6 people who offered me their leftover test strips (but didn't tell me for which meter, and besides, we're talking a possible problem next year and it's only may), I should never use cheap Chinese test strips, I shouldn't use different meters and I need a new meter if I order a different brand test strips (hey, who would've thought!).

The worst part is that they all mean very well so I need to stay friendly and patient. But I'm afraid no one in the Netherlands has bothered to find out what the cheapest test strips are. And no, we do not have the Code Free here.

Reactions: Robinredbreast

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Happy anniversary Mel and Husbeast.

@karen8967 . Hope things have levelled off and sorted themselves out by now.
Really can’t offer anymore than what’s already on the table.
For what it’s worth it happens to me quite often. Very annoying, especially if you’re not hungry.
Strange thing is it usually happens to me on a Thursday. No idea why.
Thanks therower

Reactions: Robinredbreast