Meaty May - for those with carnivorous tendencies

M

Member496333

I’ve been saying similar for years too, especially to the few GP’s I’ve encountered when they ask me who told me I have T2. I tell them that as long as I’m not eating carbs, I don’t but pass me that sandwich and apple and I’ll prove that I do.

Absolutely, and in my mind that is irrelevant since neither of those food items are necessary to sustain life or even good health. No one would say you have diabetes just because you don’t eat apples or sandwiches. It’s semantics and a matter of perception, I guess, but I’m sticking to my story. I challenge any doctor to diagnose me with diabetes right now. A year of eating cake is a different matter, but since life isn’t a cake eating competition, it’s moot :)

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Absolutely, and in my mind that is irrelevant since neither of those food items are necessary to sustain life or even good health. No one would say you have diabetes just because you don’t eat apples or sandwiches. It’s semantics and a matter of perception, I guess, but I’m sticking to my story. I challenge any doctor to diagnose me with diabetes right now. A year of eating cake is a different matter, but since life isn’t a cake eating competition, it’s moot :)

Caaaaaaaake! I don’t even eat the low carb versions now.

M

Member496333

I will also add that if having an intolerance to carbohydrate means I’m diabetic then that means I was born with type 2 diabetes :hilarious:

Anyway that’s enough of that junk. Back to meat.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You know how some of the hardcore carnivores just eat beef. Or just eat beef steak?

I can’t ever see that working for me. I’ve always loved taste, texture, variety and good food. But I am pretty certain that if someone told me that I would only be able to eat one meat for the rest of my life, then that meat would be lamb/mutton. I could maybe do duck... but not pork, beef or poultry. I like them all, for variety, but every day? Nope. Only lamb or duck.

What about you?

M

Member496333

Steak out of the fridge. Gonna give it an hour to reach room temperature, rub it in salt and pepper, slice it up and serve with a jar of stuffed olives. Shoot me for the olives :cool:

Reactions: Goonergal

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You know how some of the hardcore carnivores just eat beef. Or just eat beef steak?

I can’t ever see that working for me. I’ve always loved taste, texture, variety and good food. But I am pretty certain that if someone told me that I would only be able to eat one meat for the rest of my life, then that meat would be lamb/mutton. I could maybe do duck... but not pork, beef or poultry.

What about you?

I’m on one of those carnivore Facebook groups and as far as I can tell there aren't many who do just beef and water for any length of time. As for me, as much as I love beef, even if I could afford to eat it every day I’d soon get bored.
I keep going back to what ancient man would have eaten and that’s one type of animal at a time until the next one came along, all supplemented with a bit of vegetation.

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Steak out of the fridge. Gonna give it an hour to reach room temperature, rub it in salt and pepper, slice it up and serve with a jar of stuffed olives. Shoot me for the olives :cool:

*BANG*

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Brunneria I would have said lamb for years, but now it might be beef as my current fixations are with oxtail and short rib.

All for variety here too and like @Jim Lahey not 100% carnivore - a few nuts here and there and the odd daliance with onions. This period of full-on is about resetting things a bit.

Editing to say how could I possibly have omitted to say that I also eat 90%+ chocolate!

Last edited:

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Brunneria I would have said lamb for years, but now it might be beef as my current fixations are with oxtail and short rib.

All for variety here too and like @Jim Lahey not 100% carnivore - a few nuts here and there and the odd daliance with onions. This period of full-on is about resetting things a bit.

Short rib! I’d forgotten about short rib. My lot go mental over my lamb ribs, have to eat those in secret.

M

Member496333

I can’t ever see that working for me. I’ve always loved taste, texture, variety and good food. But I am pretty certain that if someone told me that I would only be able to eat one meat for the rest of my life, then that meat would be lamb/mutton. I could maybe do duck... but not pork, beef or poultry. I like them all, for variety, but every day? Nope. Only lamb or duck.

What about you?

I could but wouldn’t want to. Having said that, my new curiosity of eating uncooked animals probably wouldn’t work out too well with pork or poultry anyway :shifty:

M

Member496333

This discussion is making me hungry. Might have to warm my steak up to room temperature with a hair drier.

COME ON!

Edited by mod to remove enthusiasically irreverant expletive.

Last edited by a moderator:
M

Member496333

Well that was very nice. I feel like a lion. Raw sliced steak tastes like melt-in-the-mouth beef jerky without the sugar. To be fair lions aren’t big on salt & pepper, but nevertheless there’s some primal connection there. If I can stay out of hospital for the rest of the day then this is definitely something I will eat again.

Raw liver and raw steak in the same week. Not sure what came over me but I like it :cool:

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Beef short rib today, with some buttered cheese to follow

04B78980-48A6-4F67-87AD-69B7017BBF87.jpeg