What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@DJC3 thanks.

@Freema I love the cat in the hanging basket too. How in the world does he get up there? He looked like a sailor on HMS Victory (I saw it on TV last night).

It is actually a rather clumsy cat but she has found her way to jump the furniture up till the basket in the window corner , yes our cats are really a great joy in daily life , all of them with their own peculiar personalities

True Blue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Really bad sleep.

Had two homemade burgers plus red onion, lettuce, fried courgette and U.S. mustard for supper, plus my Angostura and diet tonic/fresh lime cocktails. Camembert plus cheddar and three oatcakes. Too much food.

This indigestible mixture kept me awake to the small hours. Now I've awakened, rushed to the BG test area, turned on the lights and tripped the electric!

FBG 7.2 mmo/lt , as seen in breaking natural dawn light at 0530.

Back to bed.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
10.1 at 5 am this morning

Slept on and off all night...

Grey skies out there crying down my window panes...

Sigh...this means stay in and do that housework....

Or I could go to sleep again....

Have a good Sunday

Take care x

>^..^<

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...up early on a chilly Sunday morning no rain yet...might have a coffee & go back to bed can't decide yet...yesterday a day of de-cluttering...so a trip to the dump is absolutely necessary or it goes back in the cupboards & drawers again...more of the same today plus a little paperwork...woke to a 5.8.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Awoke from another terrible nightmare. Was dreaming I was in 10 Downing Street being considered for a ministerial appointment. Aaahhhhh! It must be the revenge of the BG, saying adios after the sinful footie beer and pizza of last weekend..

FBG 7.7 mmo/lt at 0615.

Happy Friday everyone.
Being anywhere near no. 10 would be my worst nightmare too!

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello my friend. My GP, also T2, told me it is not necessary to test BG via a meter. He said "What's the point?" I wasn't going to argue with an HCP but I think there IS a point, namely personal motivation. It is a bit like driving on a long car journey and seeing the miles come down, Leeds 170 miles, Leeds 120 miles etc. The same with the bathroom scales. When I get to the Emerald City I might stop then. But how would I know if I was still in Emerald City? Just my two penny worth.
I agree. I get very excited the nearer to my destination i get. There is always an Irish jig involved when I do get there. Destination Dublin which is where my roots are. That said not everyone enjoys the travel as much. Some get travel sick and I get that too.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
We are so lucky here in Norfolk... I adore the North Norfolk coast line. We lived in our caravan for over two years (out of choice) staying in some amazing sites all in Norfolk. Moving on to pastures new (literally) every month.
Wonderful. It's my father in laws 90th in July. His favourite place on earth is Norfolk so we are taking him for a few days. Never been myself. Looking forward to it.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning...an excellent sleep last night..a glorious sunny start to the day...coffee made...'Plumpy' fed...listening to the news it seems TM is not much longer for PM...talk about day of the long knives...still a little snotty but slightly better than yesterday...woke to a 6.8 so going down a touch.
Couldn't help but feel sorry for her when she got emotional. She will be remembered but probably for all the wrong reasons. Dont fancy any of the runners for new PM either. I've never really had an interest in politics but lately I can't get it off my mind! So time consuming keeping up as well. Even more so than keeping up with this thread .. :)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Buenos dias from half way up a sleeping volcano near Playa Blanca in Lands Are Grotty.
An interesting 15 or so hour journey and fourteen of us safely here, children running around eight bedrooms at 2230, diving on beds and shouting, “is this one mine?”
Still no sound from anyone else yet but I guess the noise of the pool cover opening might make a good alarm clock.

Anyhow, the wheel of bewilderment and pay as you go entertainment gave a merry 5.1

Have a great day if you can.
Oh, nearly forgot, son snatched this at the airport - nice, wolfie sort of back note, reminiscent of Citizen Smith:

upload_2019-5-26_7-29-43.jpeg

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. 5.6 today. Happy with that as I had a late night craving for chocolate. It was 100% stuff but still too late to be eating really.
@Bubbsie I have already decided on the back to bed with a coffee option too.
@True Blue I hope the day gets better for you
@gennepher that line about grey skies crying down the window panes is beautiful, so evocative.
I’ve a feeling that yesterday was the best weatherwise for the b/ h weekend.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Couldn't help but feel sorry for her when she got emotional
I don't have one ounce of sympathy for her Deb...my sympathies lie with the Windrush generation so badly affected by her 'hostile environment' policy...the Grenfell victims & their families...part of the problem was her lack of presence/charisma...no gravitas...politicians like Thatcher/Blair tended to polarise opinion...you loved them or hated them...whereas TM provoked a feeling of indifference in me...as for Johnson/Gove et al lord help us.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Buenos dias from half way up a sleeping volcano near Playa Blanca in Lands Are Grotty.
An interesting 15 or so hour journey and fourteen of us safely here, children running around eight bedrooms at 2230, diving on beds and shouting, “is this one mine?”
Still no sound from anyone else yet but I guess the noise of the pool cover opening might make a good alarm clock.

Anyhow, the wheel of bewilderment and pay as you go entertainment gave a merry 5.1

Oh, nearly forgot, son snatched this at the airport - nice, wolfie sort of back note, reminiscent of Citizen Smith:

View attachment 33159
Enjoy making some wonderful memories.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

View attachment 33159

Notice its half empty already @dunelm and you’ve only just arrived lol, you’re obviously well into the ‘holiday spirit’! ( I loved Citizen Smith)
How was the plane journey with the twins? Did your dastardly plan to get the extra leg room work?