What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning folks lovely sunshine here in DK , a rather High 6.4 today , slept 9 hours so up for a slow breakfast and then sorring out which clothes to keep and which to let go , I Think I have 2 kubik meters so there is a lot of work ahead , going to move into a much smaller flat in 1,5 month , now with a legal cat moving in with me
View attachment 33141
Freema is that a cat sleeping (or relaxing) in a hanging basket?

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Up with the grey dawn, from yet another waking nightmare (Volcanic eruption under Edinburgh Castle). Must be something disruptive in my life/body/karma? I'm not a Psychic.

FBG 7.5 mmo/lt. at 0500. Going down in baby steps, like my weight. Playing the long game,

Enjoy the weekend everyone.

that reminded me of a book i read...more end of the world type thing,
but starts in scotland..so appropriate..;)

it was what first started me thinking about running in the first place,
some apt descriptions of how it feels, i think.

anyway link if you want to know more..
Amazon Kindle
Good Reads

not a psychic..mmhh.
how do I know you'd say THAT..

........... :wideyed: :***:

Reactions: HarryBeau

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Funny Saskia...'Plumpy' in his shades
View attachment 33139

Lookin' good, "Plumpy"! :D

Will he and Churchill please say a kindly doggy and kitty prayer for my KittenCat? She was constipated again this morning and ran around meowing. Finally she did a good poo -- in the living room but by that time I was glad for wherever she succeeded. Then she threw up the laxative I'd given her. She seems fine now and just asked for, and got, a few cat treats and enjoyed a back rub a few minutes ago -- purring the whole time, so I think she is OK now. But it threw me into a panic and I still haven't come down yet. The vet will be open 'til 2pm today, but closed Monday, so ...

I rang in at 6 even this morning and am finally sitting down to have breakfast and morning pills.

@PenguinMum and @gennepher can Bobs and Daisy and Popeye please put in good purrs for my KittenCat?

True Blue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
that reminded me of a book i read...more end of the world type thing,
but starts in scotland..so appropriate..;)

it was what first started me thinking about running in the first place,
some apt descriptions of how it feels, i think.

anyway link if you want to know more..
Amazon Kindle
Good Reads

not a psychic..mmhh.
how do I know you'd say THAT..

........... :wideyed: :***:
Just testing my non-psychic powers. I see options of "running" as in running a bath, running for the Tory leadership and......yes I think... it is a win for the Nike trainers and little cotton socks. Am I the new Mystic of the FBG posters?

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Lookin' good, "Plumpy"! :D

Will he and Churchill please say a kindly doggy and kitty prayer for my KittenCat? She was constipated again this morning and ran around meowing. Finally she did a good poo -- in the living room but by that time I was glad for wherever she succeeded. Then she threw up the laxative I'd given her. She seems fine now and just asked for, and got, a few cat treats and enjoyed a back rub a few minutes ago -- purring the whole time, so I think she is OK now. But it threw me into a panic and I still haven't come down yet. The vet will be open 'til 2pm today, but closed Monday, so ...

I rang in at 6 even this morning and am finally sitting down to have breakfast and morning pills.

@PenguinMum and @gennepher can Bobs and Daisy and Popeye please put in good purrs for my KittenCat?

IMG_9030.jpg

Popeye send sleepy purrs.
I send virtual hugs for you.
It is hard to wind down from that kind of panic.
So more hugs for you.
>^..^<

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Then she threw up the laxative I'd given her. She seems fine now and just asked for, and got, a few cat treats and enjoyed a back rub a few minutes ago
I'm not sure if you have it there but I used to get mine some cat grass when we didn't have a garden...any problems with digestion they would normally eat some greenery to aid their digestion...Churchill & Harry both do that...it might help Saskia...plus some cat nip for a trip to the vets.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks friends. We both went back to bed and only woke up about an hour ago. She isn't hungry but she ate a few more cat treats and seemed to enjoy the massage I gave her. I just spoke with the vet's receptionist who agree d I should just keep an eye on her.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hugs for the panic over KC @SaskiaKC it is such a worry when they are not right.
@Freema I love the cat in a hanging basket - I had to zoom in on the photo to figure out it really was a cat in there
@PenguinMum your day sounds similar to mine - what did you think of Rocketman?
Ooh forgot to say I had 5.6 this morning.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hugs for the panic over KC @SaskiaKC it is such a worry when they are not right.
@Freema I love the cat in a hanging basket - I had to zoom in on the photo to figure out it really was a cat in there
@PenguinMum your day sounds similar to mine - what did you think of Rocketman?
Ooh forgot to say I had 5.6 this morning.[/QUOTE
Thats planned day tomo...so will get back to you re Rocketman!

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@SaskiaKC so very sorry that the KC has been struggling...sounds like you did all the right things....its so worrying when they arent well....Bobs and Daisy and me send purrs, love, hugs to KC and you! Xx

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@SaskiaKC so very sorry that the KC has been struggling...sounds like you did all the right things....its so worrying when they arent well....Bobs and Daisy and me send purrs, love, hugs to KC and you! Xx

Thank you! She is better now. She got up about an hour ago and ate and drank and seemed fine. We are both chilling today as it's too hot to do anything else.

Xxx ^. .^

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you! She is better now. She got up about an hour ago and ate and drank and seemed fine. We are both chilling today as it's too hot to do anything else.

Xxx ^. .^
Great to hear. Am off to bed soon as like to get up earlier these lighter mornings. Take care Saskia and KC and stay well and content. Love from us all here.

poemagraphic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
WIFI, Mobile phones. Smart metres... in fact anything 'smart'

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
SO... Time for bed.
The numbers... the all important numbers we all keep focused on, to see how 'good' or otherwise we have been.
I have been so busy over the last few mornings I have not had time to sign in and post.

As some of you know, I have this week, on the advice of my consultant, stopped completely taking insulin.

My average numbers on the little screen over this past week have remained unchanged at 6.

I will keep taking my levels several times a day and monitor my progress.

I would like to say huge 'Thank You' to each and everyone of you. Your kind, welcomed comments and support over the last couple of months have helped me immensely to achieve this result.

Po
Amazing!

Reactions: gennepher