What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't have one ounce of sympathy for her Deb...my sympathies lie with the Windrush generation so badly affected by her 'hostile environment' policy...the Grenfell victims & their families...part of the problem was her lack of presence/charisma...no gravitas...politicians like Thatcher/Blair tended to polarise opinion...you loved them or hated them...whereas TM provoked a feeling of indifference in me...as for Johnson/Gove et al lord help us.
I do agree with you tbh. She has been shocking. But I cried when she cried. Pulled myself together sharpish and took a reality check! She was crying for herself. Hasn't shown any emotion up to this point even through Grenfell.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't have one ounce of sympathy for her Deb...my sympathies lie with the Windrush generation so badly affected by her 'hostile environment' policy...the Grenfell victims & their families...part of the problem was her lack of presence/charisma...no gravitas...politicians like Thatcher/Blair tended to polarise opinion...you loved them or hated them...whereas TM provoked a feeling of indifference in me...as for Johnson/Gove et al lord help us.
The line up for new PM is one I would have thought best served up here in Blackpool's tower circus.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 6.0 nice and tidy this morning. Not sure yet what the weather will bring but we are off to the coast for the day for long walk, food and Rocketman hopefully. Oh here comes the sun! We have had no rain for such a long time I am hoping when the monsoons do come its not the second week in June when we are on our hols in Cornwall.
Have a great Sunday everyone especially @trick60 your only day off!
Stay well, stay safe.

Bildad

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.4 this morning. I woke up hungry for the first time in 3 weeks so have just had some yoghurt. I am off to walk the dogs now grey but not wet here - yet. It is a bank holiday weekend after all!
To those lucky enough to have returned to be I am jealous - dog licking watch is still ongoing here.
Enjoy the day

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I ducked out DJC...demands from the animals waiting to be fed...goodness knows how many emails to answer...then a walk for 'Plumpy' while it's cooler.

Hope you enjoy the walk. I’ve been exploring round this region in Cornwall for convenient places to walk a dog without getting in the car first ( a lot of lovely walks in the area but most need a car to get to as the lanes are so narrow and winding with such high banks that walking along them can be perilous) we have finally decided it’s time for us to get another dog. It’s been a year since Tilly died. There will always be a Tilly shaped hole in our hearts but another dog shaped gap is opening and needs filling.
I’m spending hours searching online for breed types, breeders and rescue centres before we make our final decision.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Phew that was a marathon. Took me 2 shifts to catch up on 155 messages! Feel fantastic!! Its morning and I cant turn my back for a second though as another fbs pops up!

5.4 this morning which surprised me. Late night chippy dinner as couldn't be bothered queuing for my usual kebab (30 minutes wait usually) and also we needed to go straight out, things to do, places to go, people to meet. Lightly battered fish, 6 small chips and a spoon of mushy peas. 3 crackers, cheese and mixed nuts. So being greeted by a 5.4 has made me very happy. I monitored after 2 and 3 hours last night and was very happy with the results then too.

Agenda today. Bank holiday Sunday. Meeting daughter and granddaughter for breakfast. Then work for me and hubby. Just painting so nothing hard. Very enjoyable actually. Listening to nice music as we go along. Most of house painted now. Just 2 rooms to be emulsioned downstairs. Then job done. Looking forward to tomorrow as day off together.

Happy bank holiday folks

I wonder how many messages will have sneaked in since starting this one!

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Notice its half empty already @dunelm and you’ve only just arrived lol, you’re obviously well into the ‘holiday spirit’! ( I loved Citizen Smith)
How was the plane journey with the twins? Did your dastardly plan to get the extra leg room work?
Journey was OK until halfway into the flight. Mind you that was after a four hour car journey and the obligatory hanging about in the airport.
We did have to play musical seats for a while - free onboard entertainment for everyone else in the flying cigar.
As soon as we got off the plane, the twins began jumping up and down, pointing to the floor and waffling to each other in their own special language - absolutely hilarious.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The line up for new PM is one I would have thought best served up here in Blackpool's tower circus.
Absolutely Deb...we'll all be 'Trumpled' the week after next when a certain president arrives...him & Johnson... honestly who would have thought...I'm not sure if that's a tragedy or a comedy

poemagraphic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
WIFI, Mobile phones. Smart metres... in fact anything 'smart'
Cambridgeshire currently then Suffolk.Norfolk is a very different place I can assure you. Eating any of Julie's chickens would not end well:angelic:
Norfolk is SUCH a different place! Nor folk are hard to get to know... they can be very insular. That said when you get to know us you have a friend for life.
Po

poemagraphic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
If testing rigorously is useful in managing your diabetes then continue. If you have a good idea and set of data to keep you well managed the regime may perhaps be relaxed a little. Rigorous or relaxed seems to make little difference to me hence the uncertainty over what I am learning.

Learn to happy with your lot, change what you CAN change and accept what you can't. I always remember what 'Bruce Lee' used to say "No way is the way"
Po

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Norfolk is SUCH a different place! Nor folk are hard to get to know... they can be very insular. That said when you get to know us you have a friend for life.
Po
Nor folk - definitely the nicest, most honest group of students and parents of all the places I taught. Quite astute at assessing strengths and weaknesses and immensely loyal and generous once they decide you are ok.

poemagraphic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
then apologies are in order., my cambridge/suffolk borders fellow foot the ball fan

i did check, and wrongly assumed from the information that cambridge is made up as london is of different counties.
i have always associated the fens with norfolk., a fact i now see is very wrong.

apologies.

DC-UK..everyday's a school day.:D
Nor folk owned everything and everywhere til the winds of change came Arrrr. those palio days were the days

Reactions: gennepher

poemagraphic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
unrelated technology news.

Ordered scales (old one died :bigtears: )
fancied new fangled bluetooth type,
ordered from the Big A..(the river, not new york )

Got email about 3 minutes earlier, that i am drivers next stop.
to make sure it GOT delivered, and not sped off to some far away locations.
i went down to wait outside (driver a block away )
and there he was sat in van, and just about to knock and deliver..:D
Marvelous stuff.

Scales set up, bluetooth working.
just working through all the bmi/water/weight/etc the gizmo gives me.
rather happy with myself today.

Toodle pip.

How do they do it Stanley (I know that's not your name btw;))

Reactions: gennepher

poemagraphic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Wonderful. It's my father in laws 90th in July. His favourite place on earth is Norfolk so we are taking him for a few days. Never been myself. Looking forward to it.
I am sure you will all have a great time... remember your camera. I will let folk know you are on the way we will get the flags out ;) Po

trick60

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning All. 6.0 nice and tidy this morning. Not sure yet what the weather will bring but we are off to the coast for the day for long walk, food and Rocketman hopefully. Oh here comes the sun! We have had no rain for such a long time I am hoping when the monsoons do come its not the second week in June when we are on our hols in Cornwall.
Have a great Sunday everyone especially @trick60 your only day off!
Stay well, stay safe.

Good morning folks, a heady 4.9 on the dice, going to spend the day doing stuff with grandkids, I'm sure they will decide what form that takes, it might involve a trip up to Matlock to go on the little train, have a lovely day everyone and I hope you get your much needed downpour PM.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning folks, a heady 4.9 on the dice, going to spend the day doing stuff with grandkids, I'm sure they will decide what form that takes, it might involve a trip up to Matlock to go on the little train, have a lovely day everyone and I hope you get your much needed downpour PM.
Cheese on toast for you...right?