Type 1'stars R Us

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Coffee? One of life’s essentials, black or white as long as it’s strong and not too bitter. No sugar/sweetener unless it’s Middle Eastern coffee in which case with cardamon and nutmeg is good too.
Number of steps you’re all doing is amazing! Hamish can now do 4,500 but needs to be up on a sofa with his favourite bag of frozen peas afterwards

Reactions: hh1 and Knikki

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Coffee.....Noooo.....Strong cup of tea, as strong as you can make it, little mil and 2 sweeteners (PLEASE) :)

Reactions: kitedoc and hh1

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Naughty me had a packet of oreos. when I say packet, all 14 of them in my stomach :hilarious: It was worse every unit of novorapid for it. :p

Reactions: porl69

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
You guys do like black coffee, you'll see me pouring 200-250ml of soy milk and a few pumps of sugar free syrup. Don't mind me, you do you :hilarious:

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
You guys do like black coffee, you'll see me pouring 200-250ml of soy milk and a few pumps of sugar free syrup. Don't mind me, you do you :hilarious:

I’d not encountered sugar free syrup before, but don’t think I’d like to eat or drink anything with phosphoric acid in it!

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Phosphoric acid - in a foodstuff? That's just weird...

My husband is physically allergic to tea - the usual black tea - he's OK with my rooibos stuff.

He's allergic to geraniums as well and (without knowing that) the first thing I ever dragged him to was the local pelargonium* show. He set foot inside, **** near fainted, and I had to more or less carry him out into the fresh air.

Oops!

*Geraniums are of that group, and it seems they all knock him cold.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Coffee - not too strong with a generous amount of cold semi-skimmed milk. I do like the taste of hot milk in my coffee but I don't like waiting for it to cool enough to not burn my mouth so cold milk it is :)

Hypo's - I've upped my basal a little last week because I seem to have started having classic DP (bg goes up by a couple of mmol some hours after falling asleep and stay there until I wake up and shoot it down again, according to Libre). Nothing impressive but I don't particularly like being above 7 for half the night.
It seems to work in sofar that I stay a bit lower through the day and night but hasn't really changed the shape of my nighttime graph.
The stupid part is that it looks like I've been compensating for slightly too little basal by injecting some more bolus, which works fine through the day but I keep forgetting to inject a little less for standard stuff now I've upped the basal. So I tend to drop after food, and only after dropping I remember I should've reduced my bolus because I upped the basal.

Oh well, we'll see if I learn before diabetes decides to do something completely new :)

Last edited:

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Coffee? Latte with 2 sweeteners please.

I think it's been a bit of a mystery hypo weekend. I have no idea what was going on yesterday but all of a sudden in the middle of a plant nursery (good job your husband wasn't there @WuTwo) felt the usual things and bingo 3.2. It certainly wasn't the heat as down my way it was pretty windy and pouring with rain when this happened and I have no explanation. Or maybe, just maybe, it was the stripey socks...

Love the boots @Mel dCP!

@Diakat, I agree, rationing's not good, don't blame yourself we've all done it and thanks because when i read it I realised I hadn't sent in a script for the next Libre, so it did me a favour ;)

db89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Coffee? Whilst tea I've made could be mistaken for it, I don't go near it (though I can apparently make a good one despite not drinking it) myself. Came into the office to remember I've forgotten to bring teabags in too so I'm rationing myself today.

I'd be interested to see if @porl69 really makes tea as strong as I like it. No sweeteners here and milk is best added to it by pipette to texturize it.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Going to have some lunch now, then go to my appointment. Had a call from my son to let me know one of my granddaughters is in hospital with suspected gallstones ! seems rather young to have those, but they were going to do an ultrasound, so I will pop in and hopefully see her after my appointment.

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
That's a weak one
1559044336502.jpg

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Going to have some lunch now, then go to my appointment. Had a call from my son to let me know one of my granddaughters is in hospital with suspected gallstones ! seems rather young to have those, but they were going to do an ultrasound, so I will pop in and hopefully see her after my appointment.

Apparently it's not gallstones, she going for a MRI scan :(

champ200581

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Afternoon all
Hope this finds you well sorry have been MIA, after all your advice...... just been granted a pump going for the Medtronic 670 and will self fund the guardian I think...... order in so now we waits team are saying min June hopefully.
Happy Tuesday xx

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Hypos come in 3s!! Sitting here quietly marking, felt funny, headache, zippy hot flush. Glucotabs are yuk but at least they do the biz really quickly and they don't encourage me to imitate a piglet
Tea makes me vomit and when I make one for a friend, I have to ask what colour they want, no idea what tea colour looks like so thanks @porl69