Diabetics R Us

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Got an alcohol induced new haircut last night, still happy with it on this wonderful new day :)
And, more exciting, a bunch of wonderful strangers on a very large, knowledgeble and friendly international internet forum seem to think I'd be doing well as a moderator on said forum despite not having any experience in that kind of stuff!
It gets even better, as not only has this forum made my life a lot better than it would have been without, and given me so much knowledge about an important part of my life, but it's also full of people to joke with, share happy and sad moments with about anything and everything and members are generally patient and friendly with eachother. To have people like that vote for you is ****** wonderful!

Thanks, folks!

(My new haircut :))
61792125_10217667873402960_1802401580025118720_n.jpg

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Got an alcohol induced new haircut last night, still happy with it on this wonderful new day :)
And, more exciting, a bunch of wonderful strangers on a very large, knowledgeble and friendly international internet forum seem to think I'd be doing well as a moderator on said forum despite not having any experience in that kind of stuff!
It gets even better, as not only has this forum made my life a lot better than it would have been without, and given me so much knowledge about an important part of my life, but it's also full of people to joke with, share happy and sad moments with about anything and everything and members are generally patient and friendly with eachother. To have people like that vote for you is ****** wonderful!

Thanks, folks!

(My new haircut :))
61792125_10217667873402960_1802401580025118720_n.jpg
You are a Star, Antje, and you fully deserve your new found position. Erm... not so sure about your barber ;)

Reactions: SaskiaKC

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Erm... not so sure about your barber ;)
I had to cut neighbour Douwe's hair first and he pretty much resembles a toilet brush now :hilarious:
I quite like the result of my haircut and the short hairs on the sides are very nice to the touch :) And it feels a lot better in summer to not have too much hair!

Reactions: heh and Guzzler

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
I had to cut neighbour Douwe's hair first and he pretty much resembles a toilet brush now :hilarious:
I quite like the result of my haircut and the short hairs on the sides are very nice to the touch :) And it feels a lot better in summer to not have too much hair!
I've thought of going really short for the summer but the trouble is that I have a funny shaped head and short hair makes me look like a ball point pen. :meh:

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
One of the skills my son had to learn when joining the Franciscans was cutting hair and it is now one of his tasks to cut the hair of the other brothers at the friary.

Reactions: heh and SaskiaKC

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all

It's Friday :happy:

@heh Welcome to the cloud! :) I do just about all my computer work up here, since I switched from Windows to Chromebook a few years ago.

349409-back-up-your-cloud-how-to-download-all-your-data.jpg
I use the cloud at home to store photos etc. but it's a new thing at work.

Going out for tea tonight with 2 ex work colleagues, Nandos for chicken - yummy.

Have a good day.

H :)

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Do Franciscans still have tonsures?
No my sons is natural he has more hair on his chin than he does the top of his head Capuchin friars used to have beards and a shaven head as mandatory but that has not been the case now for some while.

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Evening guys, I'm a little bit mullered. My mates let me down so didn't meet up but went for drinkies and a salad (could have ate it 3 times) with Alan instead and now having more drinkies at home. Happily watching BBC 4, TOTP from 1987, Elton John & now Meatloaf - singalong a scouser!

PS I am not having a drunken haircut like @Antje77

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I was thinking of some of the members we have not heard from recently and Ziggy2017 came to mind has anyone heard from her recently I do hope she is OK as she was quite poorly a while back.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I was thinking of some of the members we have not heard from recently and Ziggy2017 came to mind has anyone heard from her recently I do hope she is OK as she was quite poorly a while back.

I have been thinking of some of them too, @rhubarb73 et al. I wonder if they stayed on the other FBG-chat thread. There is a bit of cross-posting between here and harrisonk's newer thread. And I haven't seen Chronicle_Cat since the big break.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I have been thinking of some of them too, @rhubarb73 et al. I wonder if they stayed on the other FBG-chat thread. There is a bit of cross-posting between here and harrisonk's newer thread. And I haven't seen Chronicle_Cat since the big break.
When you clixk on their profiles you can see when they were on the forum last. Rhubarb for instance was online 2 hours ago :)

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I think Ziggy2017 hasn't been on the forum since February. I do worry about our absent friends.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Last Thursday my musical friend and I got together to jam. We hadn't played in 5 months, not since our Christmas concert-singalong, and I've really missed the music. A week or so ago I started playing again just for myself, and to keep my calluses in, so I was really happy to receive an e-mail asking if I wanted to jam on Thursday or Friday. We got together on Thursday and -- as my friend put it -- we've still got it. :)

So this evening I got Fritz the guitar out again and played for awhile. I want to get my calluses back in shape but not get blisters instead.

Attachments

• Fritz.jpeg
    Fritz.jpeg
    64 KB · Views: 256
Reactions: heh

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Little bit of sad news today the lady from next door who I have mentioned before is now in the local hospice she has pancreatic cancer which has spread it was a worry for her medical team and family whether she would survive the 2 mile trip to the hospice I am still praying for her.