Type 1'stars R Us

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Had a wonderful day yesterday because I found the vegan, low carb cake shop in Greenwich.

Eyewateringly expensive, so I spent about a day’s earnings on takeaway cake.
67463066-4146-4EFF-AF19-54087C742297.jpeg

D-emon mostly behaved all day, despite racking up five miles, mostly uphill.

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Had a wonderful day yesterday because I found the vegan, low carb cake shop in Greenwich.

Eyewateringly expensive, so I spent about a day’s earnings on takeaway cake.

OMG - I'm drooling at the sight of it!

Thankfully - just taken a batch of fresh blueberry muffins out of the cooker ........

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Reactions: Robinredbreast

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Arternoon all. Oh my, a room full of cake. Showing us all that when we can’t grab a slice isn’t fair Mel! (BTW, are you staying up in that London for the Special Protests on Monday? Sadly Hamish can only do about 5 k before he needs a little sit down and a long moan or I’d be heading to Trafalgar Sq etc.)
He’s getting better though. Over the last 2 or 3 days I’ve spent bursts of activity starting to pick up on more of the garden stuff that’s been neglected since last November and I’m cream crackered - it’s time to sit and count the frogs in the pond. Beans have poles, courgette and tomatoes out lots of late seed planting and beer in pots sunk to get the slugs - lazy frogs don’t want to go evening foraging while it’s been hot. just the veg bed. Felt a bit reluctant when I heaved our lots of lovely seed-waving grass, so pretty, but its kids will cover the beds if I didn’t. Flowering buttercups can stay a bit longer, and Herb Robert can be permanent. Sadly the nettle tops are too old for good wine but there’s always Lidl.
Have a good sleep @karen8967.
Have you tried making falafel with other pulses @WuTwo? I love them with lots of herbs and a bit of chilli. I had a very exuberant lesson in Egyptian falafel making from good friend Abdu but mine have never been as good as his. Your plateful looks too yummy @Scott-C!
Maybe everyone thought you’d come straight from the set of Killing Eve @helensaramay? Good betting!

Reactions: hh1 and Knikki

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Reactions: Fairygodmother

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Arternoon all. Oh my, a room full of cake. Showing us all that when we can’t grab a slice isn’t fair Mel! (BTW, are you staying up in that London for the Special Protests on Monday? Sadly Hamish can only do about 5 k before he needs a little sit down and a long moan or I’d be heading to Trafalgar Sq etc.)
He’s getting better though. Over the last 2 or 3 days I’ve spent bursts of activity starting to pick up on more of the garden stuff that’s been neglected since last November and I’m cream crackered - it’s time to sit and count the frogs in the pond. Beans have poles, courgette and tomatoes out lots of late seed planting and beer in pots sunk to get the slugs - lazy frogs don’t want to go evening foraging while it’s been hot. just the veg bed. Felt a bit reluctant when I heaved our lots of lovely seed-waving grass, so pretty, but its kids will cover the beds if I didn’t. Flowering buttercups can stay a bit longer, and Herb Robert can be permanent. Sadly the nettle tops are too old for good wine but there’s always Lidl.
Have a good sleep @karen8967.
Have you tried making falafel with other pulses @WuTwo? I love them with lots of herbs and a bit of chilli. I had a very exuberant lesson in Egyptian falafel making from good friend Abdu but mine have never been as good as his. Your plateful looks too yummy @Scott-C!
Maybe everyone thought you’d come straight from the set of Killing Eve @helensaramay? Good betting!
Well, to be fair, you folks that eat dairy and carbs can have cake pretty much anywhere, I had to go to that London for mine! I now have three cakes to last me until my next trip... On the way home now as I will hopefully have a teaching job tomorrow, otherwise I’d be ranting on the streets as is my wont :rolleyes:

Ordered the veggie brunch in our usual Turkish restaurant this morning, but the sausages were way carbier than I’d anticipated, so had to shove an extra couple of unplanned units in to cover them. Have managed to stay in range, so my higher level carb counting skills and guesstimates seem to still be ok.

Cheese for dinner, I’ve done my carb allowance for the day :D

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello friends, it’s bf’s birthday today so we went out to eat with his family. We went to Ask Italian, it’s the ultimate carb fest in there I had vegan spaghetti ragu and chocolate and blood orange tart with raspberry sorbet. They took too long to give us food, I hypoed there and I didn’t finish my main so now I’m hypoing at the moment. But nonetheless I was 6.6 this morning.

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Reactions: MeiChanski

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

If you need one I have a gorgeous sweet & smoky marinade, and a just as nice BBQ marinade. Quick and easy to make, and nicer than any shop bought I've tasted. Although I don't know what the animal ones taste like :joyful::joyful:

Reactions: Robinredbreast

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
IMG_8170.jpg

My body said no but my heart was like please eat the dessert, every last drop

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
If you need one I have a gorgeous sweet & smoky marinade, and a just as nice BBQ marinade. Quick and easy to make, and nicer than any shop bought I've tasted. Although I don't know what the animal ones taste like :joyful::joyful:

Lol, WuTwo, it's a kind offer, but I'm far too lazy to make my own stuff!

I tend towards the Tabasco range. The normal one, as seen in cocktail bars worldwide, is far too nippy for my taste, but the green pepper and chipotle ones have a nice subtlety to them.

I've not tried the habanero one yet - looks terrifying!

s-l400.jpg

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people

Please post I would like to try it, is it GF ?

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hi there, afternoon was really nice and a meal out too. Some pics to follow and now it's raining ( but I don't care as I am snuggled up on the sofa) :)

Last edited:
Reactions: WuTwo and hh1

evilclive

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Flowering buttercups can stay a bit longer, and Herb Robert can be permanent. Sadly the nettle tops are too old for good wine but there’s always Lidl.

Buttercups season here. I once went for a walk to the pub in sandals through a very buttercuppy field, and ended up with yellow toes.

Nettle season is going strong in our field now. During winter it's easy enough to cross, but after May if you want to go off the paths, better be wearing long and tough clothes.