What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Managed to sneak a few minutes on my phone while Mr C is glued to the cricket in a cosy Tobermory pub.
Very glad to see @Cumberland has a nice comfortable fbg today.
Mine was 5.7 today and yesterday 5.1 so holiday grub seems fine, and lack of metformin doesn’t seem to be having a deleterious effect now.
I’m thrilled to be entering a bin discussion my husband drives a bin lorry so I never think about it - I leave it to him. SIL and his dad also work on the bins - they are all obsessed by it, it’s very funny, within 5 mins of them being in the same room their conversation will have turned to bins and the merits or otherwise of the local rounds. My daughter made a fabulous calendar for Mr C’s Christmas present. She took photos of many different bins throughout the year and made a montage. The title page was ‘Bins of Cornwall’ it was far and away his favourite present!
This is just so funny!

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I agree!
The pockets on women’s sweatpants don’t even hold a tissue, whereas the pockets on men’s sweatpants can hold the contents of a small handbag....and you have at least 4 pockets....

>^..^<

And they have a drawstring so when you lose weight you don't need to replace the pants, just tie them tighter. And the drawstring is inside so you don't have a lump under your shirt.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The ones in my building look like this.
rubbermaid-commercial-products-recycling-bins-fg9w2773blue-64_1000.jpg

Shas3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.0 this morning. Not terribly happy but not too upset either. Yesterday’s 6.5 did upset me and hence last night’s dinner was a salad with eggs to keep them carbs at bay. Helped a bit.

As Mrs. S and Junior are away in India for a holiday it’s going to be a slow day. Maybe some shopping for groceries that are friendly to non-regular-cooks! And it is a bright sunny day... hopefully it stays that way ...

Good day everyone

6cdb73e5e9a2ccd76d6ceb8a31a2bfc7.jpg

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
Good grief I am 1182 posts behind. Hey everybody, sorry I've been AWOL but it's apt to continue. I'm sad; I love this thread.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh dear fbg going up a wee bit 11.6

But I have the potential of 4 days at home. No external stress from the outside world...but I might not have to open snail mail or email for 4 days to make the most of those 4 stress free days at home.

Weather looks nice outside, sun is streaking golden beams across the sky, cat is swinging on my wooden swing, I am drinking black coffee and deliciously sucking a cube of chocolate...

The world is beautiful!

Take care

Have fun

>^..^<

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.0 this morning. Not terribly happy but not too upset either. Yesterday’s 6.5 did upset me and hence last night’s dinner was a salad with eggs to keep them carbs at bay. Helped a bit.

As Mrs. S and Junior are away in India for a holiday it’s going to be a slow day. Maybe some shopping for groceries that are friendly to non-regular-cooks! And it is a bright sunny day... hopefully it stays that way ...

Good day everyone

6cdb73e5e9a2ccd76d6ceb8a31a2bfc7.jpg

Beautiful green peaceful garden.

I am beginning to think a very low carb meal as last meal of the day helps the fbg a wee little bit.

Enjoy your food shopping!!!!

>^..^<

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.2, hard to believe but I'm not arguing with the little blood sucker :) Today I am doing physics, as we know nature abhors a vacuum, so my newly emptied garden waste bin is about to become full once more. Enjoy the day :)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.0 for me this morning. There is a Nespresso machine in our room so I’m taking full advantage at the moment. I’ve borrowed the proprietor’s book ( with his blessing) 40 Favourite walks on Mull and Iona so I think we’ll be exploring a bit today.
Can’t remember if I mentioned that we did see white tailed eagles a couple of days ago - a fabulous and awe inspiring experience.
Enjoy your 4 days of peace @gennepher