Type 1'stars R Us

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Sitting in a cafe in town with a peppermint tea - might be more pleasant for the optician than tea or coffee.
Lovely and sunny here, not super warm but lots of people in short sleeves, sitting outside and one in a halter top too, either a tourist who packed the wrong clothes or someone who wants to bully the sun.
Just had a jelly baby too (whole thing at once, no beheading or betrunking or belegging) to raise bloods above 4.3 so eyesight not affected.
Hope you get warmer soon @WuTwo, and you’re needed, but not in too bad a way, @Mel dCP.
Do they have a social media site @MeiChanski? If you call them out there then you might get some swift action.

Reactions: hh1

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Nice to see you back @Cumberland
Get those bloods sorted mate. Can't say its been quiet without you as this is a real manic thread :) (Manic BUT very good)

Reactions: Robinredbreast

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all, nothing much to report here, had my annual review with the nurse at my GP surgery yesterday and all is good. We talked about Libre and she told me that if they get 20% of their patients with diabetes on Libre, Abbott will refund the cost of the sensors. Problem is, even the new NHS guidelines are too tight to let that happen. On a daily basis I think we live in a world that just gets madder every minute.

@Cumberland nice to see you again and how can you resist just stroking and playing with that little cutie all the time? If that's not an aaaaaaaaah pic, I don't know what is! She's gorgeous

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sitting in a cafe in town with a peppermint tea - might be more pleasant for the optician than tea or coffee.
Lovely and sunny here, not super warm but lots of people in short sleeves, sitting outside and one in a halter top too, either a tourist who packed the wrong clothes or someone who wants to bully the sun.
Just had a jelly baby too (whole thing at once, no beheading or betrunking or belegging) to raise bloods above 4.3 so eyesight not affected.
Hope you get warmer soon @WuTwo, and you’re needed, but not in too bad a way, @Mel dCP.
Do they have a social media site @MeiChanski? If you call them out there then you might get some swift action.
Email again and return it/them!!! Make sure they pay postage as well!!!!
They gave me a prepaid return label and sent me a replacement, but it turned up the same way with a bigger hole in the envelope. They're not a bad company in terms of costumer service, however they don't pack books like Amazon or any other book retailers. It's quite awkward because they're a small family business and I grew up in a small family business (my parents had takeaways etc and I lived on ribena as a kid :hilarious:), so I understand they might not be efficient in packing items. However my mother always emphasised to pack food orders properly so I don't really understand this book seller. :banghead:

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Forgive me but when I came back on the thread I had over 700 posts to catch up on and after about a hundred I gave up and went to the latest one

Hope you are all tootling along just fine and if not and you’re having a rough time then I extend hugs all around

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
@Cumberland - she's absolutely gorgeous! Adorable :happy: I wish we had a little heart emoji to add!

Reactions: Cumberland

db89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi db89

I’m getting there with my bloods thanks

How are you keeping all ok I hope

Good to hear - as long as we keep chipping away each day that's all we can do to stay on top sometimes.
Doing alright here thanks. Ups and downs nothing extreme. :)

Wispa is growing well - adorable springs to mind!

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
I have booked in to get a new tatt on my inside right wrist tomorrow afternoon. I've wanted this one for a looooong time - I am having a vegan V.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/254240282099?ViewItem=&item=254240282099 - the top one, of the V shape with the leaf.

Like this. Not huge - just 3cm. They use vegan inks and years ago they did my engagement ring (I lost three of them and in the end we decided to get one tattooed on my finger). I also have Terry Pratchett's Librarian (an orang-utan) holding a balloon on a string on my left shoulder. I love that one!

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Hurray! The Heart Foundation men have been and collected all the furniture. Space!!

I am so very pleased.

Of course, this leaves the craft room needing the world's biggest tidy up/sort out at the weekend...... going to be difficult from a timing point of view. Maybe cook all day Saturday and tidy all day Sunday? That'd work. I have to cook or I shall starve next week. I'm almost out of seitan, tofu, seitan bacon and parmegan.....

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Hello FG thank you so much
Bloods are getting lower I feel ok

How are you keeping yourself x

Mustn’t grumble, Cumbs, mustn’t grumble - Hamish is getting better daily but still has the odd aching hour or two.
Good to hear your bloods are getting better: the T1 syndrome that’s affected you certainly leads you a dance.
Wispa is gorgeous, so cute, so healthy, very very sweet! She’s just asking to be picked up and hugged.
Hugs to you to for the evil bloods

evilclive

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I lurve Rocky Horror and always try to go watch it when its showing....no dressing up for me thou (just awaiting comments :hilarious::hilarious:)

Is that you have to dress down because your normal dress is a little too extreme for it? :)