Type 1'stars R Us

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
The Heart Foundation people are coming today to collect all the furniture from my home office which will complete its transformation into craft room again. We have decided they can have a large storage chest too, which involved emptying it and boxing up the contents. I phoned them and they said they'll take good quality "stuff" because they can distribute it to their shops. Little did they know ...... I had a massive search and am sending two large framed prints and six large boxes full of "stuff" as well as the furniture. Husband has said he's afraid to stand still in case I box him up and send him off to the charity shop, so I think it's time to stop for a while :joyful::joyful:

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
@helensaramay - your life sounds exhausting to me! You amaze me.

Yes - I have Giftaided; it makes such a difference. I like that every charity you donate to these days has a tick box asking if you want to. Very helpful.

Son popped round briefly yesterday to pick up my in-laws meds (we collected them from the pharmacist) so he can deliver them on his way home from work today (our car is in sick-bay) - I forgot to check that he's happy to grab a mate and move our furniture when the new suite arrives but I've still got time. I can't imagine them managing to make it in under the 5 weeks they quoted. I really must try and remember!

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Good morning all, have a happy Thursday, rain or shine.
All the energy on this site! Blimey!
I was at the monthly meeting of the Loud Book Group last night - loud because they all seem to be going deaf and don’t bother to put their hearing aids in. All agreed they didn’t get on with the book so did a book swap instead, lots of high volume bargaining about who’d get to read what first and whether or not Yanis Varoufakis was fanciable because he’s gorgeous and rides a motorbike or because of his take on economics. It’s both of course!
Really enjoying a peaceful touch of bird sound and cat snoring as I write this.

Reactions: hh1 and WuTwo

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Good morning all

@smc4761 good to see you back. Sorry to hear about your hypo....I had a bad 1 the first time I went to Marmaris, not nice at 3am. I am off to Turkey again in September and Mike is defo coming with me. Extra carry on bag is allowed (due to D) so that will have all my supplies in. I have not had any issues with customs in Turkey while on MDI, hope it styas the same with Mike......

@helensaramay busy busy, you are non stop and I toff my hat in your general direction :)
@champ200581 I lurve Rocky Horror and always try to go watch it when its showing....no dressing up for me thou (just awaiting comments :hilarious::hilarious:)
@WuTwo reading your post and Black Forest gateau chocolate.....I totally missed the chocolate part and my mind went straight to the cake kind of BFG which I lurve :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:....and my BG has just gone upto 9.4 just thinking about it :banghead::banghead:

Woke to a nice 4.8 this morning, pretty happy after the HUGE supper we had. Mike is set to aim for 6

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
I used to travel a lot for work, all over the US and Europe. It was huge fun at first but after a while it’s lonely and boring. Evenings in hotel rooms typing up reports, or at formal dinners avoiding drunken idiots trying to pick you up.

Reactions: WuTwo and karen8967

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
the obligatory foot shot on the beach from last week, the one I wanted to upload but couldn't.

Attachments

• IMG_E0534[1].jpg
    IMG_E0534[1].jpg
    282.1 KB · Views: 258

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Morning all.............. a bit late but got back from Chester yesterday and was really tired. Everyone seems to be doing lots of stuff. We enjoyed walking the Walls, going along the Groves and revisiting old drinking haunts. 2 great micro breweries and one of them was in the cellar of the hotel/pub where we were staying!!! Cherry cider OMG it had to be tried. BG ran a little too high but I'm not that surprised and it really makes a change from a hypo. Hope it's going to level out today
Sunny out there but got a standardisation and report to do so the nettles are safe for another day

Reactions: Japes and hh1
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Oh what fun! Did you dress up? My mate and his wife go every time that show is in town and always dress up. They do the same when the musical Sound of Music is on - everyone plays dress up for that one too!

But I love Rocky Horror!

Honestly I could not dress up, I would hate it, but probably enjoy looking at other's, but not for me :wideyed::shy:

Reactions: Cumberland

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Honestly I could not dress up, I would hate it, but probably enjoy looking at other's, but not for me :wideyed::shy:

I think for something like that I could, but not for something like going to the pub or (when I was younger) a club. I did when I was younger, but somehow now ...

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

I am frozen to the marrow. I sit by a huge picture window (my room has two of the things) - old fashioned sash windows that howl draughts at me. Also it's cold and wet today and for some reason the owner of this building never got the heating fixed when it broke at the end of last winter, so we can't put the radiators on.

I know it's June, but I'm sat still as a mouse hunched over a keyboard and screen and it gets cold.

I just want to get home so I can jump under a hot shower! (Gotta be quick because the van is turning up to collect all the stuff).

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Afternoon all! Sat outside McDonald’s in Tonypandy with my mate on CFR call nursing a tall black coffee. We usually get some action here! Dull day and surprisingly chilly but we get a lot of layers with our uniforms. Bloods running ok, not much to report diabetically speaking!

Hope you all sail smooth seas :)

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning friends :D I was running hypo last night but woke up on 8.7. My appointment turned up for the 11th June to see my consultant, what sort of questions should I be asking? Y'all remember my book complaint? Well the book was delivered the exact same way, my complaint was never heard or even considered, so now I have two battered and scuffed books - email them again or return it?

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Morning friends :D I was running hypo last night but woke up on 8.7. My appointment turned up for the 11th June to see my consultant, what sort of questions should I be asking? Y'all remember my book complaint? Well the book was delivered the exact same way, my complaint was never heard or even considered, so now I have two battered and scuffed books - email them again or return it?

Email again and return it/them!!! Make sure they pay postage as well!!!!

Reactions: Cumberland

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes