Diabetics R Us

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Happy Anniversary to you and Mr @heh . I think achieving 33 years together is a celebration in itself!

Enjoy your day. :)

Reactions: Bluetit1802

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
55 years for us .Where have all the years gone
Carol

My youngest grand child is 21 tomorrow. Her brother is 24. It only seems like yesterday that their mother was born, never mind her children. It will be 43 years for us this summer, and this is a second marriage for me. Time has just disappeared.

Reactions: heh

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
I still miss Kenny Everett. Good fun and all in the best Pahhsible taste!

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Today has been very odd.

It is my grandaughter Millie's 21st birthday. That is odd in itself because it was only yesterday that her mother was born. In my mind anyway! Daughter had an open house for her today. There were a lot of 20 somethings. A lot of 50 somethings. And hubby and me. Ness was banned and had to be left home alone. Very unusual. Odder still was that Millie has been seeing this young man since the beginning of the year. They are "seeing each other" in line with the mode of these 20 somethings. They are not girl and boyfriend. That may come later but will be a formal announcement. We are not allowed to call him her boyfriend. Apparently this is what happens these days. All alien to me. They met on-line, which horrified us when she first told us. He works and is living in Leeds so it is the first time he has met any of her family and most of her friends. I thought he would be a fish out of water, but not so. Very grown up and confident, talking to everyone as though he had known them years. Very charming. He admired my outfit despite the fact I was casually dressed for winter and every other female was wearing dressed up stuff. He may have been being sarcastic but came over as totally charming. I can see why she likes him. I liked him. I even drank a glass of Prosecco. Hubby had a bottle of beer and knocked it over. It was us that were fish out of water. It did take me back to my 21st party and made me feel sad. Still, home now with a cup of tea.

Reactions: heh and Antje77

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Did you know?

Alcohol was developed roughly about the same time as bread. Wonder when the cheeky kebab was invented?

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
They met on-line, which horrified us when she first told us.
Haha, and here you are sharing a lot of your life on-line every day :p
I can well imagine people 'meeting' eachother on this forum and wanting to hang out in real life as well. Horrifying thought! :hilarious:

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Haha, and here you are sharing a lot of your life on-line every day :p
I can well imagine people 'meeting' eachother on this forum and wanting to hang out in real life as well. Horrifying thought! :hilarious:

One of my best friends (female) is someone I met on line, on another forum. We have been best friends for 7 years now and meet up when we can. We just live a long way apart but chat most evenings on Skype for an hour. I also have another female friend I met through family history on a sort of forum and we also meet up whenever we can.

Reactions: heh and Antje77

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Can you really tell what someone is like from what they put on a forum etc .I think I take body language into account when I meet someone ,But then I am an old granny !
Carol

Reactions: SaskiaKC

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Can you really tell what someone is like from what they put on a forum etc .I think I take body language into account when I meet someone ,But then I am an old granny !
Carol
Of course you can't. Which makes @Bluetit1802 's granddaughter and her not-boyfriend very sensible people to see how they like eachother in real life before making commitments or even viewing it as a relationship!

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
My daughter met her last bloke on line he turned out to be an absolute nightmare though had seemed quite plausible and fairly decent at first..

Though grandson sussed him right away.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My daughter met her last bloke on line he turned out to be an absolute nightmare though had seemed quite plausible and fairly decent at first..

Though grandson sussed him right away.

I did that with my niece's ex. But oh, no, my parents welcomed him into the family and into their house -- and he robbed them.

I did make one good friend whom I met online who turned out to be an OK friend in real life. Didn't last, but OK while it did. Certainly not a nutcase.

Reactions: JohnEGreen

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I did that with my niece's ex. But oh, no, my parents welcomed him into the family and into their house -- and he robbed them.

I did make one good friend whom I met online who turned out to be an OK friend in real life. Didn't last, but OK while it did. Certainly not a nutcase.
Second person I befriended on facebook who I didn't know in real life somehow got me to accept a 'temporary' foster dog withing a week of befriending her. I still have hopes we find a home for the dog, though. The woman turned out to be a very nice person too :)
Anyone interested in a very friendly but rather big black and white dog?

Reactions: JohnEGreen and heh

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
To think a glance across a room once sufficed.

"When you know what you know, you can't deny it, or go back, or give up, or pretend that you don't buy it".

Reactions: Bluetit1802

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
To think a glance across a room once sufficed.

".

LOL. We did South Pacific in 8th grade. I don't remember who sang that song but it didn't work in real life for a lot of people. If you didn't wear your glasses you couldn't see across the room; if you did wear them all you could see was that no one was glancing your way!

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all

What a horrible weather day it was yesterday, seems a little calmer this morning.

I went to a baby shower yesterday, my DD's friend is expecting in July. There were lots of presents and she won't need to buy many clothes.

Our young Tom at work met his current lady on a dating website, seems to be going well for him. Seems to be the thing to do these days, maybe I should get DD to give it a go :hilarious:

We will be going for a walk later, after visiting the French market that's in Sandwich this weekend.

Have a good day.

H :)

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Twas at a NAAFI disco Judith was on the dance floor the guy she was dancing with looked to me like a bit of a wirdo Judith was definitely regretting her decision to dance with this guy so I wandered over and politely told the guy to get lost. 45 years on and we are still dancing.