What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Shas3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
After the 6.3 at wake up and a satisfactory breakfast of eggs and a quick lunch (salmon with lemon butter sauce and a salad) I decided it was time for some indulgence... so am out for a leg massage... one of the perks of living in a developing country is such services are great and very affordable... an hour of leg pampering by an experienced masseur would set you back by less than 20 US Dollars.... and my masseur is doing a good job. Feels very nice as my leg muscles recover from what i now believe is a case of TIND (Treatment induced neuropathy in Diabetes )... happy Sunday everyone
9b1984696fece40f9d45c73ed03fed4e.jpg

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning All. 5.7 from me. We are leaving for Cornwall in an hour dropping the girls off at the cattery on the way (with plenty of fleece blankets to temper my guilt).
@gennepher you are a brave lady, we had a gigantic swarm of wasps move across our property recently leaving after the drones tried repetitively to nest in our chimney. The next day it was quite a sight to their formation move acrosss our front heading towards our neighbours. @karen8967 hugs for the low. Hope @Cumberland is ok.@Debandez sounds like a great week good luck with the eye screening.
Will check in from the seaside tomo. Enjoy Sunday, stay well stay safe.
Thanks pm im fine enjoy cornwall x

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen.

I was going to drive to Mordor ( London ) shortly, but with today's reading of a naughty 4.7 I can't drive therefore not a happy set of me's, my pals chaos and mayhem are not happy either.

I think watch out world might be a good move today.

Ps I gave the reading a good smack with the garden shovel when I finally caught it hiding in the bushes.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning All. 5.7 from me. We are leaving for Cornwall in an hour dropping the girls off at the cattery on the way (with plenty of fleece blankets to temper my guilt).
@gennepher you are a brave lady, we had a gigantic swarm of wasps move across our property recently leaving after the drones tried repetitively to nest in our chimney. The next day it was quite a sight to their formation move acrosss our front heading towards our neighbours. @karen8967 hugs for the low. Hope @Cumberland is ok.@Debandez sounds like a great week good luck with the eye screening.
Will check in from the seaside tomo. Enjoy Sunday, stay well stay safe.

Have fun in Cornwall
Enjoy your holiday
I bet you were glad they swarmed away!
Take care x
>^..^<

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hope you had a good one. Mine is still being celebrated!
Hasn't arrived yet but thanks. Hope you are enjoying your celebrations. Being very honest about my personality, celebrating was never something that sat well with me - it was always an act for others, I admire those who have that spontaneity. joie de vire which I detect in you but I am pretty sure celebrating and me are done. Quietly marking an event and being grateful works much better.
@karen8967 hope your low has now risen and you didn't suffer too badly; @Shas3 TIND is a new one on me but sympathy for the suffering; @PenguinMum enjoy Cornwall - I've only ever been to Padstow; @trick60 hope Mrs T is healing from the fall.

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Just been talking to my son in China and he’s going to Mongolia for a week he’s back next weekend

He is still determined to visit North Korea

He has no fear unlike me
Maybe fear of travelling to certain places but from my perspective proper fearless and immensely good humoured in dealing with the problems T1 throws at you. Fantastic to see the single figures for you.

Shas3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hasn't arrived yet but thanks. Hope you are enjoying your celebrations. Being very honest about my personality, celebrating was never something that sat well with me - it was always an act for others, I admire those who have that spontaneity. joie de vire which I detect in you but I am pretty sure celebrating and me are done. Quietly marking an event and being grateful works much better.
@karen8967 hope your low has now risen and you didn't suffer too badly; @Shas3 TIND is a new one on me but sympathy for the suffering; @PenguinMum enjoy Cornwall - I've only ever been to Padstow; @trick60 hope Mrs T is healing from the fall.

Thanks Ian. Apparently TIND is a rare condition and I just learnt about it. In hindsight my issues in past few months seems to clearly fit the pattern and i am now convinced I suffered TIND and recovering (hopefully). It is a case of neuropathy when blood sugar was high for a while at diagnosis and the treatment rapidly brings down blood sugar. If HbA1c was high at diagnosis and if the initial treatment is aggressive and HbA1C drops over 2 percentage points (in the old system) within a couple of months there is a chance of acute and severe neuropathy especially in legs. There are very few threads on the forum on this topic and a few members seem to relate to the condition. I started a thread and here it is :

TIND
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sh...m/index.php?threads/TIND.165079/&share_type=t

the hopeful bit to stay optimistic, apparently this type of neuropathy is mostly acute and reversible. My most worrying issue was a case of bilateral drop foot (extremely rare) but it has largely resolved thankfully. What remains is weakness and occasional pain in legs which i am praying gets resolved too

Have a great Sunday

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.5 this lovely sunny morning. Husband had a virus earlier in week so is feeling a bit tired so we will amble around the water gardens as there are.lots of benches we can relax on in the sunshine as he doesn't feel like walking far.
Sounds idyllic Krystyna...enjoy it.

Reactions: gennepher and Shas3

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Phew gennepher I can feel the tension just reading that...thank goodness I'd already tested my FBG...I'm not surprised your BG is up no doubt it played on your mind hence the reaction...I hope that's the end of it & you can relax a little today.
Thank you.
I have been back in garage but I am nervy of anything that appears to move, even dust motes. But I am sure there is no wasps in there.
I think it will take a couple days before my mind calms down.
Going back in there in a minute with a cuppa...

>^..^<

Shas3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you.
I have been back in garage but I am nervy of anything that appears to move, even dust motes. But I am sure there is no wasps in there.
I think it will take a couple days before my mind calms down.
Going back in there in a minute with a cuppa...

>^..^<

You are indeed brave to deal with them. I would have freaked out. For some reason i have a strong fear of wasps and bees - though I can’t remember any incident where they caused me any harm. Good luck and hopefully you can calm down and relax soon

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Another day, another disappointment.
We all have those Goacher… I mean disappointments...this morning I was about to torture myself on the treadmill having done so little exercise recently...this is what I encountered...he just refused to budge...so of course I am disappointed because now I'll just have to be satisfied with sitting outside in the garden...with another coffee watching the birds feed.;););)

churchie treadmill 2.JPG
churchie treadmill small.JPG
churchill on treadmill small.JPG

Shas3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

We all have those Goacher… I mean disappointments...this morning I was about to torture myself on the treadmill having done so little exercise recently...this is what I encountered...he just refused to budge...so of course I am disappointed because now I'll just have to be satisfied with sitting outside in the garden...with another coffee watching the birds feed.;););)

View attachment 33514 View attachment 33515 View attachment 33516

He is so cute

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks Ian. Apparently TIND is a rare condition and I just learnt about it. In hindsight my issues in past few months seems to clearly fit the pattern and i am now convinced I suffered TIND and recovering (hopefully). It is a case of neuropathy when blood sugar was high for a while at diagnosis and the treatment rapidly brings down blood sugar. If HbA1c was high at diagnosis and if the initial treatment is aggressive and HbA1C drops over 2 percentage points (in the old system) within a couple of months there is a chance of acute and severe neuropathy especially in legs. There are very few threads on the forum on this topic and a few members seem to relate to the condition. I started a thread and here it is :

TIND
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_fid=79722&share_tid=165079&url=https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/index.php?threads/TIND.165079/&share_type=t

the hopeful bit to stay optimistic, apparently this type of neuropathy is mostly acute and reversible. My most worrying issue was a case of bilateral drop foot (extremely rare) but it has largely resolved thankfully. What remains is weakness and occasional pain in legs which i am praying gets resolved too

Have a great Sunday

I have had peripheral neuropathy all my life in feet and hands, but since I have (and for some time before I was diagnosed) been diagnosed with diabetes it has got worse in my feet. I would quite happily walk in bare feet in freezing snow to kill the pain etc. The pains are bad, constant with extra intermittent sharp pains thrown in. It is worse when I lie down with my legs up or when I am in bed.

I do get checked by the podiatry clinic. They check the feeling in my toes and feet and ankles. I do have amitriptyline, but it barely works long enough for me to get to sleep, and with waking up many times during the night, I have nothing else I can use.

I found that drinking tonic water with quinine in helps. But I have to remember to keep it up. And if I have a lot going on I forget quite a few things. ...

>^..^<