What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
We all have those Goacher… I mean disappointments...this morning I was about to torture myself on the treadmill having done so little exercise recently...this is what I encountered...he just refused to budge...so of course I am disappointed because now I'll just have to be satisfied with sitting outside in the garden...with another coffee watching the birds feed.;););)

View attachment 33514 View attachment 33515 View attachment 33516
Perfect excuse!
Cat wins every time!!!

>^..^<

Shas3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have had peripheral neuropathy all my life in feet and hands, but since I have (and for some time before I was diagnosed) been diagnosed with diabetes it has got worse in my feet. I would quite happily walk in bare feet in freezing snow to kill the pain etc. The pains are bad, constant with extra intermittent sharp pains thrown in. It is worse when I lie down with my legs up or when I am in bed.

I do get checked by the podiatry clinic. They check the feeling in my toes and feet and ankles. I do have amitriptyline, but it barely works long enough for me to get to sleep, and with waking up many times during the night, I have nothing else I can use.

I found that drinking tonic water with quinine in helps. But I have to remember to keep it up. And if I have a lot going on I forget quite a few things. ...

>^..^<

Thanks @gennepher and sorry to hear your challenges on that front. As for my situation it was mostly a case of numbness, tingling and the dreaded drop foot which sent me almost into a depression. I was preparing myself for a life in braces / splints / AFOs on both legs. The hours I spent despairing the possibility of a life with limited mobility are many but thankfully (fortunately) mobility in feet is completely back and marked reduction in numbness. I was put on B12, ALA and other stuff that is deemed to help nerve recovery and I must say it has helped a lot... Along with a LCHF diet with special emphasis on Ghee, Walnuts and Almonds. What i am still facing is more a weakness in legs (i have also had some muscle loss thanks to two months in a leg cast due to a fracture). The pain isn’t severe and is a dull type of pain. Doctors believe it is matter of helping the muscles get some mass and strength back while the nerves hopefully recover fully. I am staying hopeful. Good luck to you too. Thanks

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.9 for me today

Got up quite late this morning :sorry:

Mum's visitor arrived safely yesterday and we had a good meal with lots of chat ;) He will be going further North for a fortnights fishing this morning.

I managed to get a bit of grass cut yesterday so since it's still dry this morning we may take advantage and go over to mum's again today and try to get some more grass cut so I'm prepping a quick salad to take with us.

Looking good @Shas3 :happy:

perhaps we should have a 'before and after' pic thread ;)

Hope your day is treating you well :)

Last edited:

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.8 and another cloudy morning. Feeling a bit wonky, which is probably due to the fact that I went to bed hungry and woke up even hungrier.

I dreamed that Heartland's Grandpa Jack worked at a local opticians' and was helping me pick out some glasses.

I think tonight I will eat something before I go to bed.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
We all have those Goacher… I mean disappointments...this morning I was about to torture myself on the treadmill having done so little exercise recently...this is what I encountered...he just refused to budge...so of course I am disappointed because now I'll just have to be satisfied with sitting outside in the garden...with another coffee watching the birds feed.;););)

View attachment 33514 View attachment 33515 View attachment 33516

Wow, Churchill must really love you. To give up his own bird-watching to keep you from getting on the work-walker! :D

Last edited:

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning All. 5.7 from me. We are leaving for Cornwall in an hour dropping the girls off at the cattery on the way (with plenty of fleece blankets to temper my guilt).
@gennepher you are a brave lady, we had a gigantic swarm of wasps move across our property recently leaving after the drones tried repetitively to nest in our chimney. The next day it was quite a sight to their formation move acrosss our front heading towards our neighbours. @karen8967 hugs for the low. Hope @Cumberland is ok.@Debandez sounds like a great week good luck with the eye screening.
Will check in from the seaside tomo. Enjoy Sunday, stay well stay safe.

I hope you had a good drive to Cornwall and are having a wonderful time there. Enjoy!

The KittenCat sends her best wishes to your girls. She recommends hunkering down and looking around at all that is going on around their cage/condo and, while taking note of any dogs, playing possum when they raise their voices. ^. .^

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks @gennepher and sorry to hear your challenges on that front. As for my situation it was mostly a case of numbness, tingling and the dreaded drop foot which sent me almost into a depression. I was preparing myself for a life in braces / splints / AFOs on both legs. The hours I spent despairing the possibility of a life with limited mobility are many but thankfully (fortunately) mobility in feet is completely back and marked reduction in numbness. I was put on B12, ALA and other stuff that is deemed to help nerve recovery and I must say it has helped a lot... Along with a LCHF diet with special emphasis on Ghee, Walnuts and Almonds. What i am still facing is more a weakness in legs (i have also had some muscle loss thanks to two months in a leg cast due to a fracture). The pain isn’t severe and is a dull type of pain. Doctors believe it is matter of helping the muscles get some mass and strength back while the nerves hopefully recover fully. I am staying hopeful. Good luck to you too. Thanks

It is hard.

We need our legs and feet more than we think about. Actually we need all of our body!!

It does do an amazing job for us, the best it can :)

Take care and look after yourself.

>^..^<

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Maybe fear of travelling to certain places but from my perspective proper fearless and immensely good humoured in dealing with the problems T1 throws at you. Fantastic to see the single figures for you.

Ian

Thank you very much, yes single figured is a relief

Wishing you well

Regards Ian

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
I have had peripheral neuropathy all my life in feet and hands, but since I have (and for some time before I was diagnosed) been diagnosed with diabetes it has got worse in my feet. I would quite happily walk in bare feet in freezing snow to kill the pain etc. The pains are bad, constant with extra intermittent sharp pains thrown in. It is worse when I lie down with my legs up or when I am in bed.

I do get checked by the podiatry clinic. They check the feeling in my toes and feet and ankles. I do have amitriptyline, but it barely works long enough for me to get to sleep, and with waking up many times during the night, I have nothing else I can use.

I found that drinking tonic water with quinine in helps. But I have to remember to keep it up. And if I have a lot going on I forget quite a few things. ...

>^..^<

I’ve liked your post for empathy

I have Neuropathy too and suffer it the same as you it’s blooming terrible as you’ll know.

Wish you well in the diabetic battle

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Quote for today
FB_IMG_1560012588795.jpg

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You are indeed brave to deal with them. I would have freaked out. For some reason i have a strong fear of wasps and bees - though I can’t remember any incident where they caused me any harm. Good luck and hopefully you can calm down and relax soon

Thank you.

My mother’s generation was the one that was hysterical over flying insects and kill everything that moves.

I still recall her hosting a Sunday lunch, when I was about 9 or 10 years old, where others (not family) were present and a wasp flew into the armhole of her sleeveless yellow dress. I have never seen anyone remove their clothes so fast. I think the lunch guests were a bit shocked...

>^..^<

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@gennepher and @karen8967 I am certainly using my feet and legs, and taking steps today. I just got back from my walk to the drugstore across the road for the one prescription I get there. Now I am back here watching England vs Scotland, and thinking I will hang on with it for 5 more minutes before switching over to Magnum.

ETA: I was interested to read both your posts when I got home just now. I was dreading the walk over but it turned out to be very pleasant -- and the rain has stopped for now -- I had a very leisurely walk to the store and then coming home I picked up the pace. Yesterday on the way back from the grocery store I was being Sir Winston winning the Belmont Stakes.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you.

My mother’s generation was the one that was hysterical over flying insects and kill everything that moves.

I still recall her hosting a Sunday lunch, when I was about 9 or 10 years old, where others (not family) were present and a wasp flew into the armhole of her sleeveless yellow dress. I have never seen anyone remove their clothes so fast. I think the lunch guests were a bit shocked...

>^..^<

My mother had a sleeveless yellow dress when I was little. I don't remember a wasp ever flying into the armhole of it but I do have a picture of her in it, with my sister and me, at the Sunday School pancake breakfast.