Diabetes awareness week

Saeeda

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Anybody doing anything different or planning on learning anything new this week seeing as it's diabetes awareness week?I think it's a very good thing this is. It makes others aware about how common and how lifestyle changing diabetes is

Reactions: Robinredbreast

poemagraphic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
WIFI, Mobile phones. Smart metres... in fact anything 'smart'
I find it interesting there have been so few reply's to this post in the last 19hrs

Three of us have agreed with you Saeeda. However no comments regarding what others are doing/have done to 'fight the good fight'.

I did reply to a post from a mod who asked if I would like to contribute to this great cause.

I had a reply several days later and am still waiting for a response.
Ho Hum said Po

Reactions: Saeeda

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I find it interesting there have been so few reply's to this post in the last 19hrs

Three of us have agreed with you Saeeda. However no comments regarding what others are doing/have done to 'fight the good fight'.

I did reply to a post from a mod who asked if I would like to contribute to this great cause.

Ho Hum said Po
Agreed.

I raised this question at a local PPG meeting recently but I am not certain anything much is happening here in our area. We are however focusing on something at a local Self Care in the the community event run by the NHS, in July and will include focus on diabetes. This is looking promising.

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I missed the post earlier. I’m going to be reflecting on my 1st diaversary that falls on Wednesday and where I’ve come in the last year. Also poring through my 1st libre results that I haven’t had time to analyse yet finished last week.

I’ll also be chasing my surgery about peer support for diabetics and ppg both of which I’ve volunteered for and heard nothing.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I put a Diabetes Awareness frame on my FaceBook profile pic :happy:

02515670-30DF-4CCB-BE42-6693A807B01D.jpeg

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I wasn't aware that it was Awareness Week.

poemagraphic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I wasn't aware that it was Awareness Week.
Every day, is an awareness day now for me. It was being unaware that got me here in the first place.
Which is why we all need to be aware... and... tell as many who are still unaware.

Crumbs I wonder how many members are unaware. I expect quite a few. Which a shame.
Well Mr Pot, you are not now one of those... You job, should you undertake it, is to eat this message (It is low carb) and tell as many people as you can.
Po

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
I am AWARE of my diabetes every second of every day!!!!

poemagraphic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I used to work with a guy who told every person he ever met that he was diabetic and had to extremely aware of what he had to eat... Well I now know we all do, however we don't have to tell every Tom **** and Harry.
I feel that not enough is understood regarding the full extent of the dangers of not understanding the dangers.

Po

poemagraphic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I used to work with a guy who told every person he ever met that he was diabetic and had to extremely aware of what he had to eat... Well I now know we all do, however we don't have to tell every Tom **** and Harry.
I feel that not enough is understood regarding the full extent of the dangers of not understanding the dangers.

Po
WHAT? why is a mans name being censured. If my name was Richard I would well p155ed 0ff

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I am AWARE of my diabetes every second of every day!!!!

I concur with you.
It's great to have Diabetes awareness week and to get diabetes noticed and hopefully in a positive way too. Also, I think it would be good for people to be more aware of type 1 also the different types and how they are managed.

poemagraphic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
WHAT? why is a mans name being censured. If my name was Richard I would well p155ed 0ff
The thing that is THE most awful thing however... Is being T2, and eating LCHF, now means I can never have Spotted 'Richard' and custard again ever!
(Unless the duchess is out, and I can get rid of the evidence before she comes home).
If anyone says I said this, I will flat out deny it.
Po

Saeeda

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Ho Hum said Po

Saeeda

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks for your message which I think needed to be sent to make others aware of diabetes week - abit of a late reply from me..I did feel like I was being ignored a little or people weren't interested in the post