Hi. I’m starting my cousin on Emulin (UnCarb) to help reduce her blood sugar naturally... I found great benefits in these products for other purposes but just wanted to know if anyone else has experience using Emulin (UnCarb) to manage their blood sugar? There’s tons of research to support it so I’m super optimistic. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi. I’m starting my cousin on Emulin (UnCarb) to help reduce her blood sugar naturally... I found great benefits in these products for other purposes but just wanted to know if anyone else has experience using Emulin (UnCarb) to manage their blood sugar? There’s tons of research to support it so I’m super optimistic. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!
There appears to be no valid scientific research into Emulin for diabetic management , no proper trials, nothing.

Reactions: Antje77

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
from their website:

Emulin® E is the world’s first carbohydrate manager. It is a patented blend of gallic acid, grape skin, onion skin and green coffee, minus the caffeine. It comes from Nobel Prize nominated research, using a sophisticated 3D modelling with super computers that searched all known databases of human enzyme systems and plant compounds found in nature.

Emulin® E puts back into your body what evolution intended to be a part of our diets, but modern agriculture and food processing mercilessly took out. Today, we eat too many carbohydrates especially the highly-refined types, like starch and sugar. As a result, we suffer from prolonged carbohydrate toxicity that causes inflammation which leads to almost all modern diseases.

Emulin® E is not intended to treat or cure any disease and should never be promoted as such.

(the bolding is mine)

Reactions: porl69 and Antje77

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
PS I couldnt find tons, or even any research to support it, apart from the manufacturers own abstract based on 40 participants, I welcome links to your research to support it. Selling it appears to be some sort of pyramid scheme.

Reactions: Antje77

There is no Spoon

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Emulin (UnCarb) to help reduce her blood sugar naturally
Hi Jennifer, I'm no expert but it looks like the proposed benefit of Emulin is "A reduction in the amount of carbohydrates that are absorbed after eating meals."

IF you eat a low carb meal you will get the same result and save the £45 a bottle. :meh:
:bag:

Reactions: Rachox

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It would be good to see the “tons of research to support it”.

I'm not promoting just wondering if anyone has any experience with Emulin. I have personally read studies done on this product and just wanted to provide information to my cousin for her to make the best choice.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm not promoting just wondering if anyone has any experience with Emulin. I have personally read studies done on this product and just wanted to provide information to my cousin for her to make the best choice.
I repeat, can you show us these studies so we can make up our own minds please.

Hi Jennifer, I'm no expert but it looks like the proposed benefit of Emulin is "A reduction in the amount of carbohydrates that are absorbed after eating meals."

IF you eat a low carb meal you will get the same result and save the £45 a bottle. :meh:
:bag:
It also is said to help your body better optimize carbohydrates but also quell the "silent inflammation" linked to it. Interesting anyways.

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
goggling the 'nobel prize nominated' brains behind this discovery is quite amusing:
Dr. Joseph Ahrens is an animal and plant physiologist which is the study of life at the cellular level.

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I look forward to reading the studies you have personally read. Anything which genuinely reduces inflammation is a good thing.

I look forward to reading the studies you have personally read. Anything which genuinely reduces inflammation is a good thing.
I copy this from the page since I can't share links.
Emulin™ is a patented blend of chlorogenic acid, myricetin, and quercetin that has shown efficacy in reducing midday and post–oral glucose tolerance test (OGTT) area under the curve (AUC) glucose in streptozotocin-treated rats. The purpose of this study was to determine if similar effects would be evident in type 2 diabetic humans. Forty human subjects with confirmed type 2 diabetes (10 each in 4 groups: placebo/no medication, Emulin/no medication, placebo/metformin and Emulin/metformin) were evaluated. At the end of 1 week, fasting blood glucose, 2 h postprandial, actual peak glucose, and AUC (post–50 g OGTT) were determined. The placebo-only group had a large (5%–13%) increase in all parameters. The Emulin group and those on metformin performed similarly with reductions between 1% and 5%, with Emulin slightly outperforming the medication-alone group. The most significant reduction occurred in the Emulin/metformin group, with decreases in the parameters by up to 20%. These results suggest that Emulin, if consumed regularly, could not only have the acute effect of lowering the glycemic impact of foods, but chronically lower background blood glucose levels of type 2 diabetics.
If there is a way to sent you a message with links I can share that too....?

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I copy this from the page since I can't share links.
Emulin™ is a patented blend of chlorogenic acid, myricetin, and quercetin that has shown efficacy in reducing midday and post–oral glucose tolerance test (OGTT) area under the curve (AUC) glucose in streptozotocin-treated rats. The purpose of this study was to determine if similar effects would be evident in type 2 diabetic humans. Forty human subjects with confirmed type 2 diabetes (10 each in 4 groups: placebo/no medication, Emulin/no medication, placebo/metformin and Emulin/metformin) were evaluated. At the end of 1 week, fasting blood glucose, 2 h postprandial, actual peak glucose, and AUC (post–50 g OGTT) were determined. The placebo-only group had a large (5%–13%) increase in all parameters. The Emulin group and those on metformin performed similarly with reductions between 1% and 5%, with Emulin slightly outperforming the medication-alone group. The most significant reduction occurred in the Emulin/metformin group, with decreases in the parameters by up to 20%. These results suggest that Emulin, if consumed regularly, could not only have the acute effect of lowering the glycemic impact of foods, but chronically lower background blood glucose levels of type 2 diabetics.
If there is a way to sent you a message with links I can share that too....?
Yep, thats the 'study' i was referring too. What page did you use to copy and paste it from? It appears to be the only study to back up the claims on their website.

@Rachox when can Jennifer post more links to other scientific studies on this product?