Diet only
I think you may have posted enough times to link now, maybe try again

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi. I’m starting my cousin on Emulin (UnCarb) to help reduce her blood sugar naturally... I found great benefits in these products for other purposes but just wanted to know if anyone else has experience using Emulin (UnCarb) to manage their blood sugar? There’s tons of research to support it so I’m super optimistic. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!
May I suggest you not start your cousin until you have more studies and experiences of this product? How old is your cousin? One sort of study carried out by the manufacturers is not really evidence of its beneficiality. What did you take it for, for how long, and how did it benefit you?

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
Hi. I’m starting my cousin on Emulin (UnCarb) to help reduce her blood sugar naturally... I found great benefits in these products for other purposes but just wanted to know if anyone else has experience using Emulin (UnCarb) to manage their blood sugar? There’s tons of research to support it so I’m super optimistic. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!
I can see you're excited about the Emulin tablets. So I'm sorry to ask, but if processing carbohydrates is the identified problem, then why wouldn't your cousin simply eat a low carbohydrate diet to reduce her blood sugars naturally and save her the cost of the tablets?

Last edited:
Reactions: lucylocket61

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It would be helpful to understand more. I don’t understand why, if your body doesn’t process carbohydrates effectively, taking an artificial substance to try and aid that process would be helpful when reducing carbs in your diet both removes the problem and helps to promote better nutrition through the consumption of more fats and proteins.

Winnie53

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Here's one study link... https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23444965

After a quick read, I think they were trying to demonstrate that it works as well as Metformin.

I take a lot of nutritional supplements. I'm wary of anything that 1) suppresses appetite or 2) blocks absorption - (if it's blocking absorption of carbohydrates, is it also blocking uptake of nutrients?). For the cost, I'd consider gifting your cousin the highest quality vitamin and mineral supplement available, preferably made from whole foods. And a quality D3 supplement. At minimum, she'd feel better and perhaps be better able to evaluate her options.

I'd also suggest referring her here to this forum and to DietDoctor.com to learn more about the low carbohydrate ketogenic diet. She'll find lots of support here. :)

Glad you reached out to us. :)

Last edited:

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

After a quick read, I think they were trying to demonstrate that it works as well as Metformin.

I take a lot of nutritional supplements. I'm wary of anything that 1) suppresses appetite or 2) blocks absorption - (if it's blocking absorption of carbohydrates, is it also blocking uptake of nutrients?). For the cost, I'd consider gifting your cousin the highest quality vitamin and mineral supplement available, preferably made from whole foods. And a quality D3 supplement. I'd also suggest referring her here to this forum and to DietDoctor.com to learn more about the low carbohydrate ketogenic diet. She'll find lots of support here. :)
the author of that study is the manufacturer.

Winnie53

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Wow. shocked. Google has already picked up and listed this thread. This company is good at marketing.

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
For some of us, just making dietary changes is not enough to deal with our Type 2 diabetes, so I can see that other methods are interesting. However, I would need to see proper studies, articles and peer reviewed research before committing to anything on top of dietary changes.

Gran25

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Relatives should avoid being primary medical caregivers for their relatives. In fact, it is prohibited or strictly regulated by some regulatory bodies. (eg Nursing, Medicine, Midwifery) The reason? It is almost impossible to be unbiased due to the emotional connection. It's particularly tricky when the outcomes can be life threatening. Offering support, resources and non medical care giving is a wonderful gift to family members when you have a medical background, but please be very careful about prescribing or advising.

Winnie53

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes, agreed lucylocket61. I'd also pursue dietary changes before adding a supplement like this. But again, I'm not comfortable with how this supplement works. It would be a no go for me under any circumstances.

I can see you're excited about the Emulin tablets. So I'm sorry to ask, but if processing carbohydrates is the identified problem, then why wouldn't your cousin simply eat a low carbohydrate diet to reduce her blood sugar naturally and save her the cost of the tablets?
May I suggest you not start your cousin until you have more studies and experiences of this product? How old is your cousin? One sort of study carried out by the manufacturers is not really evidence of its beneficiality. What did you take it for, for how long, and how did it benefit you?
I appreciate your advice. I personally took it to reduce inflammation and pain in my knees, hips, and knuckles. It has eliminated that pain. As well as cleared my brain fog, afternoon crashes are gone, and I sleep through the night now. These were my reasons for starting but once I found out it was originally created for type 2 diabetics by aiding your body to use the carbohydrates you do eat more effectively and eliminating the ones you don't need and preventing insulin spikes. I thought this might be a good place to see if anyone has taken Emulin but it doesn't seem to be. She was happy with the info I provided and wants to take Emulin especially since it's plant based.

Gran25

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
...and if you are not qualified to give medical advice? ...well the answer to that should be obvious

Relatives should avoid being primary medical caregivers for their relatives. In fact, it is prohibited or strictly regulated by some regulatory bodies. (eg Nursing, Medicine, Midwifery) The reason? It is almost impossible to be unbiased due to the emotional connection. It's particularly tricky when the outcomes can be life threatening. Offering support, resources and non medical care giving is a wonderful gift to family members when you have a medical background, but please be very careful about prescribing or advising.
I have been consulting with a nurse but I appreciate your concern.

I take a lot of nutritional supplements. I'm wary of anything that 1) suppresses appetite or 2) blocks absorption - (if it's blocking absorption of carbohydrates, is it also blocking uptake of nutrients?). For the cost, I'd consider gifting your cousin the highest quality vitamin and mineral supplement available, preferably made from whole foods. And a quality D3 supplement. At minimum, she'd feel better and perhaps be better able to evaluate her options.

I'd also suggest referring her here to this forum and to DietDoctor.com to learn more about the low carbohydrate ketogenic diet. She'll find lots of support here. :)

Glad you reached out to us. :)
Ok thank you!

Winnie53

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Jennifer, it's better to understand what's causing the inflammation and make necessary lifestyle changes first. We call this "finding and addressing the root cause". For example, if you stepped on a tack, wouldn't it make more sense to remove the tack (irritant) rather than taking a supplement to reduce the inflammation?

The most common drivers of inflammation are refined sugars, starches, and seed oils, commonly referred to as "processed foods." Eating a real, whole food diet is a good place to begin to bring inflammation levels down.

Gotta go. Good luck to you and your cousin! :)