Type 1'stars R Us

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Don’t mention the C word until about December 23rd please!

Poxy day, feral kids, got moaned at in the staff room for eating some smoked salmon for lunch. Off to bed!

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Fiasp is indeed not too bad. I was 5.4 at lunch, we had a cheeky mcdonalds session, I spiked to 9.8. Then I stayed at 6.3. BG has been good today but unfortunately I was too exhausted to do anything else. We'll see what tomorrow brings. :)

Reactions: Antje77
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Didn't want to get up this morning, but a cup of tea will get me going :happy:lol
Happy Wednesday :)

Reactions: hh1 and WuTwo

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all...

So, Day 5 of the first real cold I've had in the last 3 years or so combined with the weather conspiring to reduce my usual amount of walking now equals bloods fighting back with stubborn highs. Sighs, and puts self on Sunday Morning insulin amounts. Double for breakfast, add in correction amount, and a unit extra. It seems to work.

It was highly entertaining, however, confusing colleagues who passed me at Former Address bus stop yesterday and wondering if I'd moved house again. Main Paid Workplace, Former Address and Current Address are on 3 points of an isosceles triangle, It's 3 miles to either Former Address or Main Paid Workplace. It's 1.5 miles from Former Address to Main Paid Workplace. It was infinitely faster to get two buses, and get nearer to Main Paid Workplace in the torrential rain rather than the convoluted 5 miles 1 bus route I now have from home to near-ish to MPW.

Packs loads of hankies, a bell to warn everyone of my germs. Yes, ideally, I'd not go to work. Sickness absence points system policy prevents any thought of this despite all our protestations that those of us who work directly with students are most likely to get sick, and guess who has the more stringent rules, us or those who work in the offices?. On paper, I see why, (our contracts are 39 weeks a year, they are on 52 weeks.) in practice....

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Morning chaps. Yesterday’s school was so awful I said I wasn’t going back today (I’d been booked for the two days) - I’m not going back to a classroom where I feel threatened by the kids, and yesterday I did. Especially as I’d have the worst class yesterday for a double today. When the kids are hitting each other meter rulers and tall lab stools and won’t put them down as you approach them to ask them to stop, what do you do? I nearly got hit in the face. By an eleven year old girl. Even as a paramedic I’d have the right to walk away if I’m being abused and threatened, yet as a teacher you’re expected to just take it and magically somehow de-escalate the situation. So I’m sat nursing a coffee and waiting to see if there’s work for me today.

Running a bit high too, hit a 9 in the night and corrected - currently 5.9mmol. Had to change my pod this morning rather than tonight, seems I’ve been using a fair bit more insulin than usual this week.

Happy hump day, everyone! No more work for me this week, as I’m off to Snowdonia for a long weekend, I’m doing the world’s fastest zip line for charity on Saturday :) Expect the world’s biggest adrenaline spike.

EDIT: off to Hereford :)

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Reactions: kitedoc

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
@Mel dCP - there's something so wrong with the world today when kids - kids!!! - are so physically threatening that their teacher is intimidated and in genuine fear of being beaten by her pupils. And in most cases the parents would do eff all and would support their totally feral offspring.

Friend of mind is a teaching assistant in a primary school. On the first day of new term she approached a new small 5 year old to ask him to hang his coat on the coat hook please, shows him the hook and smiles encouragingly. Got told to "Beep off - you can't touch me, my mum said so!" - where do you even start with that?

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Mel dCP and @WuTwo as a species we are doomed!

On a more positive note, dog didn't get wet so that means neither did I on last nights walk :happy:, 5.8 before bed and 6.4 this morning!

Reactions: WuTwo

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Good moaning....
Bloods being nice then BAM! out of no where a 10.9 with alarms....I am rage bolusing now as well @Knikki

Got a cold coming too - thanks you @Knikki :) - also could be the freezing office I am working in
@Mel dCP Knikkis' idea for a stun gun is the one to go for :) Snowdonia zip line....Video OR it never happened :hilarious:

Reactions: karen8967

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Well that's the tofu nearly ready for the next stage. (Sounds so complex - all I have to do is tip it out of the pan and into the muslin strainer, put the weights on top and go and relax for an hour :happy:)

After that - cheesy poppyseed crackers (vegan), and then the quiche.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
I dislike violence, in actions or words as a theory and it's the way I live but I'm right there for Tassers to help @Mel dCP.
My own preference would be a tank to squish cars that regularly park in front of my drive, for non-neighbourhood people who park and then disappear to London for the day and have to suffer their car alarm.
But really I'm a softie. I used to be a teacher and covering classes is supremely difficult. Respect @Mel dCP

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello friends, I have come out of my slumber and missed my tresiba by a few hours - oopsie but 8.4 in spite of missing the usual time to take it. I hope everyone has a lovely afternoon, :)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Afternoon all, I had a busy morning, so having lunch now and a lovely cuppa.
BS are NOT behaving themselves today, grrrrr :mad::rolleyes:

Last edited:
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Morning chaps. Yesterday’s school was so awful I said I wasn’t going back today (I’d been booked for the two days) - I’m not going back to a classroom where I feel threatened by the kids, and yesterday I did. Especially as I’d have the worst class yesterday for a double today. When the kids are hitting each other meter rulers and tall lab stools and won’t put them down as you approach them to ask them to stop, what do you do? I nearly got hit in the face. By an eleven year old girl. Even as a paramedic I’d have the right to walk away if I’m being abused and threatened, yet as a teacher you’re expected to just take it and magically somehow de-escalate the situation. So I’m sat nursing a coffee and waiting to see if there’s work for me today.

Running a bit high too, hit a 9 in the night and corrected - currently 5.9mmol. Had to change my pod this morning rather than tonight, seems I’ve been using a fair bit more insulin than usual this week.

Happy hump day, everyone! No more work for me this week, as I’m off to Snowdonia for a long weekend, I’m doing the world’s fastest zip line for charity on Saturday :)
Expect the world’s biggest adrenaline spike.

Wow Mel that sounds fantastic, have a great time and a safe one too:)

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Happy hump day, everyone! No more work for me this week, as I’m off to Snowdonia for a long weekend, I’m doing the world’s fastest zip line for charity on Saturday :) Expect the world’s biggest adrenaline spike.

I hope you're okay!
Hormonal teenagers eh? I don't feel teachers should just de-escalate the situation, I'd get someone more senior involved and let him or her take the situation from there. I remember my class was so awful that the teacher was very upset and she couldn't teach the rest of the class. I and few others were the quiet ones and just sat down and got on with work. She just walked away and I don't think she came back from there on wards. Which was sad because she was my favourite art teacher :(