Diabetics R Us

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
British weather never leaves us with nothing to talk about !!!
Carol

That reminds me of a line from Paddington, which I was watching the other night: "Londoners have a hundred and seven ways to say that it is raining."

Reactions: Bluetit1802

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That reminds me of a line from Paddington, which I was watching the other night: "Londoners have a hundred and seven ways to say that it is raining."
Lancashire people need more than that !!:bored:
Carol

rhubarb73

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
aubergine
I have been thinking of some of them too, @rhubarb73 et al. I wonder if they stayed on the other FBG-chat thread. There is a bit of cross-posting between here and harrisonk's newer thread. And I haven't seen Chronicle_Cat since the big break.
I’ve just been really busy Sask - sorry. Will try harder but have been in thick of it.

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning folks

I didn't want to get out of bed this morning :(. I think caffeine is needed today.

Have a good day.

H :)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I didn't want to get up either, but the KittenCat insisted. She had two breakfasts of treats, a third breakfast of actual food, then a few more treats, and now she is sound asleep in my lap while I sit here wide awake typing on my computer.

Reactions: heh and JohnEGreen

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Little bit of sad news today the lady from next door who I have mentioned before is now in the local hospice she has pancreatic cancer which has spread it was a worry for her medical team and family whether she would survive the 2 mile trip to the hospice I am still praying for her.

Update sadly Angela passed in the early hours of this morning I am going to miss our chats across the back yard fence and her cheery ways and banter.:(

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Update sadly Angela passed in the early hours of this morning I am going to miss our chats across the back yard fence and her cheery ways and banter.:(

I am so sorry John.
She is now pain free and at rest. Celebrate her life and your friendship.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
@Bluetit1802 @SaskiaKC Thanks her daughter tells me that the care in the hospice was outstanding and she was relatively free of pain at the end and passed peacefully.so there is that to be thankful for.

Just to add there are in my emediate area at least three people I know of who have pancreatic cancer that puzzles me.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@Bluetit1802 @SaskiaKC Thanks her daughter tells me that the care in the hospice was outstanding and she was relatively free of pain at the end and passed peacefully.so there is that to be thankful for.

Just to add there are in my emediate area at least three people I know of who have pancreatic cancer that puzzles me.

Good to hear that her end was pain free and peaceful.

It is a puzzle to have 3 people with pancreatic cancer in your immediate area. It is a relatively rare form of cancer I believe. I only know one person, a young woman who was a good friend of my daughter. She passed away after a couple of years of intensive treatment. She was an American living in Iowa.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Certainly seems strange to me one of those three's brother passed away about a year ago of the same thing and around here there are loads of people with T2 just makes me wonder what is going on.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good to hear that her end was pain free and peaceful.

It is a puzzle to have 3 people with pancreatic cancer in your immediate area. It is a relatively rare form of cancer I believe. I only know one person, a young woman who was a good friend of my daughter. She passed away after a couple of years of intensive treatment. She was an American living in Iowa.

A good friend of mine lost a coworker to pancreatic cancer some years ago. She was an American living in Alabama.

@JohnEGreen I agree with @Bluetit1802 , it is a puzzle. I hope that that is all it is, or at the very least one that is solvable.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Certainly seems strange to me one of those three's brother passed away about a year ago of the same thing and around here there are loads of people with T2 just makes me wonder what is going on.

I don't know of anyone else with T2, but I can make a good enough guess with some. :arghh:

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Indeed. That is odd.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I have a suspicion and am uncertain but I wonder if there is an increase in the incidence of the occurrence of pancreatic cancer as a while ago I watched a program about how Dupont have polluted America and beyond with C8 a chemical used in the manufacture of Teflon coating which has now been shown to have a link to pancreatic cancer it has been shown that about 99.7 percent of the population of the United States has it in their blood and that no matter where you go in the world it is found in blood samples

This is the program on you tube if you wish to view it its quite long though.

Last edited:

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all

Sorry to hear about your friend @JohnEGreen.

I don't know of anyone else with T2
Alan, my OH has T2 as well as me

Had a manic day at work yesterday, the new girl went home ill and the phones went mad. Finishing at 3 today and off to Eastbourne to spend the weekend with some old caravanning friends (in a hotel, not the motorhome).

Have a good weekend folks.

Reactions: SaskiaKC

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Morning all

Sorry to hear about your friend @JohnEGreen.

Alan, my OH has T2 as well as me

Had a manic day at work yesterday, the new girl went home ill and the phones went mad. Finishing at 3 today and off to Eastbourne to spend the weekend with some old caravanning friends (in a hotel, not the motorhome).

Have a good weekend folks.

Thanks and do have a good time this weekend a hotel in Eastbourne with friends sounds great.:)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am watching John Wayne in what must be his weirdest role ever, a German merchant sea captain sailing off the coast of South America while he "romances a Nazi spy ..."

Oh, well, at least it's keeping me from tackling the files and trying to clear them out!

Reactions: heh