low carb diet of around 100 carbs a day please

WackyJacky64

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
This is for my none diabetic adult son, he has gained a lot of weight after a horrific accident at work where he had to have a full radial head replacement in his elbow and also some plates .
As daft as this sounds he finds it hard to exercise such as walking because of the gravity in his arm, so he's been mostly unable to do much, he can't even find a job because he is only able to lift light things.

So he wants to try the low carb but he wants to eat around 100 maybe 120 carbs a day , the problem is he hates vegetables so I am asking you lovely knowledgeable people on here if you can help my son with a diet plan that doesn't include vegetables . Is this possible ?
Thank you in advance hope you can help xx

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
If he dislikes veg so much then why not go full carnivore?
Eggs, bacon, meat, fish, dairy. Thats about it..

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
This is for my none diabetic adult son, he has gained a lot of weight after a horrific accident at work where he had to have a full radial head replacement in his elbow and also some plates .
As daft as this sounds he finds it hard to exercise such as walking because of the gravity in his arm, so he's been mostly unable to do much, he can't even find a job because he is only able to lift light things.

So he wants to try the low carb but he wants to eat around 100 maybe 120 carbs a day , the problem is he hates vegetables so I am asking you lovely knowledgeable people on here if you can help my son with a diet plan that doesn't include vegetables . Is this possible ?
what sort of things does he eat now?

WackyJacky64

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
what sort of things does he eat now?
no idea to be honest think its quite high in carbs though and he has also been suffering depression so my guess is that he's been comfort eating too .
He loves chicken lol

WackyJacky64

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
If he dislikes veg so much then why not go full carnivore?
Eggs, bacon, meat, fish, dairy. Thats about it..
I think it would be the cost of the meat to be honest and money isn't good right now with a 7 year old child to keep as well and he doesn't work so one wage coming in his wife's a teacher .

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Eggs. Eggs anyway Up. Cheese and off cut cooked meats. Salami's or ham with Gauda. All the dairy stuff. Cheaper cuts of fresh meat like belly pork joints and braising steak. LCHF does not have to include the expensive stuff like psyllium or himalayan pink salt, it can be done on a budget.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My 23 yr old son lost two stone by low carb eating whist surviving on student finance. He doesn’t like hot veggies but does eat salad so that helped. Anyway my point is being a techy kinda guy he found the app Nutrachek helped him keeping tabs on his carb consumption.

Reactions: WuTwo

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't like many veggies. I do eat a lot of mushrooms and tomatoes.
Bacon, eggs, sausage, a tomato, mushrooms?

I eat a lot of various types of meat, salmon, a lot of dairy, and as many eggs as I can!
Full fat Greek yogurts with a few strawberries chopped up is delicious, or the strawberries with double cream, as a dessert.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
no idea to be honest think its quite high in carbs though and he has also been suffering depression so my guess is that he's been comfort eating too .
He loves chicken lol

In Lidl, 1kg of chicken thighs (in my view, the most flavoursome part, and includes some fat) is under £2.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think it would be the cost of the meat to be honest and money isn't good right now with a 7 year old child to keep as well and he doesn't work so one wage coming in his wife's a teacher .
20% fat beef mince is sub £3 a kilo in Tesco..
Have you got a decent butcher?
As others have said lots of eggs.. and if he has enough fat he won't be hungry so will eat fewer meals.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
I haven't seen this one yet but it is from a good source. It is Keto but your son's allowance could be tweaked. About an hour.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My suggestion might be a bad one but there is a website called muscle food where you can buy meat hampers or meat in bulk and it is delivered to your door. Which may or may not last you a few months. It’s like investing a bulk price and have affordable meals everyday. If you have the means to do it, It’d save you a few shopping trips.
https://www.musclefood.com/bundles/variety-packs.html

hooha

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
long queues.
Hi. WackyJacki64How about this. Boil veg 1..2.. mins. Or microwave same...add salt pepper mustard knorr or Maggi liquid or stock cube. Then saute. In olive oil. Add more flavours by experiment .Or even some gravy.. should make it delicious