Type 1'stars R Us

Delticmatt100

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all I’m new to type 1s. Not sure wat it’s all about yet as trying getting my head round it all. My highest is 15. Lowest is 7. I feel good about myself in general having recovery from bad pneumonia which was causing bad breathing issues. Hope I can make friends here after all we all in same bout. Starts football Chant “stand up if have type1 “ lol
Hope u all all well. Take care. Matty.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hi all I’m new to type 1s. Not sure wat it’s all about yet as trying getting my head round it all. My highest is 15. Lowest is 7. I feel good about myself in general having recovery from bad pneumonia which was causing bad breathing issues. Hope I can make friends here after all we all in same bout. Starts football Chant “stand up if have type1 “ lol

Hi and a BIG welcome to the thread, It's a place to hang out to have a laugh a bit of banter and a good ole moan about diabetes too.
Nearly a year ago I was in Intensive care with pneumonia and sepsis and I am one lucky Robin to still be here. I hope you make a good recovery, we are 'friends' on here, so ask any questions and keep posting, as you are not alone.
Take care :)

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.

Hiya - welcome to the madhouse. We're all about supporting each other in the tough times, sharing the good ones and just generally grumbling when we need to. The more the merrier :happy:

Reactions: Delticmatt100

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Welcome!

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hiya, you've found a good place to be if you need to ask anything. I learned more on here in a year than in the past thirty plus with T1. Also helped by a lot of humour :)

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Y'know, we have a three seater sofa and there's only me and two Shih-Tzu that sit on it. How come I'm the one squashed in the middle? And I mean squashed.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Y'know, we have a three seater sofa and there's only me and two Shih-Tzu that sit on it. How come I'm the one squashed in the middle? And I mean squashed.
It's their personalities that take up all that space.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Same problem here. Had a hard time finding an empty spot to sleep with those 6 personalities in my bed :D
64477052_10217795820041546_4718181703921696768_n.jpg

Reactions: Jaylee

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Glad you've found us @Delticmatt100 and welcome to the thread.

I think I've begun to feel a bit better, thankfully. Today's stop me climbing the walls 2500 steps was a trip to the pharmacy, and a few essential shopping items. Though, I do have to admit, the shock of getting a whole 5 items repeat prescription, including ketone strips which I've always had to wait for, in one go may have given me a relapse.

Either that or the gentle hour of putting bits of paper away in their proper places has worn me out.

Still going to take it easy for the rest of the weekend.

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Same problem here. Had a hard time finding an empty spot to sleep with those 6 personalities in my bed :D
64477052_10217795820041546_4718181703921696768_n.jpg

I love that pic!

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Hello and welcome to the best thread on the forum

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Mel dCP If we all treated hypos like treat day, we would all grow another belly. :hilarious:
Unfortunately I've been in a situation where I refused hypo treatment because in my mind whatever was available was nasty and horrible to eat. It took my bf some fight in him to get me to eat something. :arghh: So you won't find me thinking hypos are treats. :angelic: