Type 1'stars R Us

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
I'm glad you're back safe and sound. I have many stories to share with you :D
I too hope they got home okay and have been able to travel safely home too. It's nice to hear that there was no division on your carriage. We need more love like that in this world. Was your diabetes okay in spite of the floods and the train issue?

It was. Today’s kit makes it much easier even with MDI.

Reactions: MeiChanski

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Good morning Diabetnam!

Feeling rather like I got chucked into a quarry yesterday, pretty stiff and battered - the deceleration from 90+mph to zero was pretty brutal! Anyway, here’s some photos...

A75EE5B6-66D3-448D-A258-57D588F47420.jpeg

This was the view from almost the top, you could see for miles. Couldn’t have asked for better weather really!

64FC36F3-DC50-4B7F-AA20-BC349DEFF4B9.jpeg

Flying over the quarry at 94mph...

AFB84968-81E6-4FFB-96D7-416AC15AA537.jpeg

Cheesy grins R us :cat:

202A789D-4BF5-46A3-92C8-06400EE77AE3.jpeg

Blood sugars stayed steady - I was expecting an adrenaline spike but clearly I’m too cool for that :cool:

99647866-161C-4FE7-B61D-14C4B9339B46.jpeg
F0A406B5-5097-40B5-9633-F2DDBA0AB7D7.jpeg

Ok, the food was incredible. We’d got VIP tickets to the festival, as it was my favourite band organising it and why not? Meant better toilets for one thing :rolleyes: Anyway, that includes a buffet, which husbeast assures me was fabulous. I’d had a chat with the chef earlier in the day, explaining about my food allergies and low carb diet - he said he loved a challenge and came up with this amazing meal, which I guessed at 15g carbs, and had perfect levels all night. Tears of happiness and a big hug for that amazing gentleman. A beautiful king prawn cocktail, smoked haddock with an egg ceviche, roasted field mushroom with onions and a slab of goat cheese, avocado purée, and general amazingness.

Might go for a mooch around a castle today, thank you everyone for your support, egging on and sponsorship for yesterday ❤️

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Worth going just for that meal Mel!
Great photos! Do you reckon that bluewatered quarry’s good for scuba @porl69?

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning Diabetnam!

Feeling rather like I got chucked into a quarry yesterday, pretty stiff and battered - the deceleration from 90+mph to zero was pretty brutal! Anyway, here’s some photos...

View attachment 33692

This was the view from almost the top, you could see for miles. Couldn’t have asked for better weather really!

View attachment 33693

View attachment 33694

View attachment 33695

Blood sugars stayed steady - I was expecting an adrenaline spike but clearly I’m too cool for that :cool:

View attachment 33696 View attachment 33697

Ok, the food was incredible. We’d got VIP tickets to the festival, as it was my favourite band organising it and why not? Meant better toilets for one thing :rolleyes: Anyway, that includes a buffet, which husbeast assures me was fabulous. I’d had a chat with the chef earlier in the day, explaining about my food allergies and low carb diet - he said he loved a challenge and came up with this amazing meal, which I guessed at 15g carbs, and had perfect levels all night. Tears of happiness and a big hug for that amazing gentleman. A beautiful king prawn cocktail, smoked haddock with an egg ceviche, roasted field mushroom with onions and a slab of goat cheese, avocado purée, and general amazingness.

Might go for a mooch around a castle today, thank you everyone for your support, egging on and sponsorship for yesterday ❤️
My fat bottom asked was there any dessert? :hilarious:

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
@WuTwo Have you seen the KFC vegan burger? :hungry::hungry:

Yeah - PETA sent out a general message thing to members' phone passes. We all signed a petition asking KFC to do that. I was so pleased when I got the message - I forwarded it to my daughter in law and she will be trying one this weekend.

Reactions: MeiChanski

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yeah - PETA sent out a general message thing to members' phone passes. We all signed a petition asking KFC to do that. I was so pleased when I got the message - I forwarded it to my daughter in law and she will be trying one this weekend.
I'm so jealous, it looks rather tasty and I'm so happy that KFC has a vegan option. I've been having mcdonalds veggie wrap because I prefer that over the bean burger ( a bit dry unless I smother it in vegan mayo). I'm very excited as well. :hungry:

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Mine was 64 and had promised himself to see Christmas and New Years that year, and he did. He was 63. My age. Seems impossible to me now. He was so young!

Thank goodness we have our memories, nowadays 64 is young isn't it. I popped over to the cemetery to say hi to my mum and dad and left a potted plant ( my dad would of rather had a whisky lol :rolleyes: the ole rascal) :D

Reactions: WuTwo
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Good morning Diabetnam!

View attachment 33692

View attachment 33693

View attachment 33694

View attachment 33695

View attachment 33696 View attachment 33697

Fab photo's Mel :)

Delticmatt100

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello friends, no hypos last night or on waking. 7.8 before breafast, I timed fiasp around 15 mins before eating because I picked rice and some veggies. I also had an iced coffee and an apple - I spiked to 10.1. I think that’s progress. :)

That’s good. This my 2nd day now home. I’m ranging between 7s pre breakfast , 8s around pre lunch , 7s again pre evening meal , then around 7-8 before bedtime. So not bad so far I guess.

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
@Robinredbreast This was my Dad not that long before he died - this was the summer, and he died in the following January.

Frank-at-Topsham.jpg

Reactions: Delticmatt100
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hants doc appointment was quick, very nice friendly Dr, listened to me, checked me over too. So I am to go for a x-ray, as breathing has been different over the past few weeks, even walking up to the hospital was getting difficult, so when I arrived I tested BG and twas 6.5 :happy: Doc has given me a prescription for two inhalers, Clonil Module 50 micrograms 2 puffs and Salbutamol 100 micrograms, up to 4 times a day when needed, which I will get next week.
So having a cuppa now and then I am going to get started on decorating my kitchen/dining room and not going to let a bit of breathing difficulties get in the way. Love decorating, but loath the prep work :rolleyes::meh:

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

@Robinredbreast I'm so glad you have some meds that will help. I expect your poor lungs are still recovering to an extent, and don't need to be stressed out. Nice productive visit!