What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Bear in mind that mice vary from humans by only 2%+ in DNA, hence why we use them for precursor work. Differences in digestion, absorption, and stem cell utilisation is nominal, so it's still exciting research. On a broad level we, here, already know the benefits of IF and fasting, but I hope that being able to drill down through the evidence to a cellular level will be a game changer for general medicine. We'll see, I guess.

Mice are interesting, especially the transgenic ones and the knockout models that do give invaluable insights into human biology and quite quickly. I do ere though on interesting. As you rightly say, “We’ll see, I guess”.

Last edited:

trick60

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@trick60 Congratulations to Mrs T on the new job.
@Viv19 @DJC3 I thought mine to perform using "hurry up". It is very useful when you are in a rush.
A new pot of strips today I was hoping that they would offer up something better than the highish 5's I have been getting but no still spat out a 5.7 this morning. Next new pot I buy I will have to specifically request a pot of under 5's.
Take care

Thanks for the congrats @Bildad I shall pass them on, regarding the purchase of an under 5's pot, if only we could, I would live on cheese on toast.

True Blue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The Horror. The Horror. No, not a low carbs diet but the current BBC "Future PM" show. We are failing our young people while these fake politicos strut their little hours upon the stage. Other countries must be truly aghast, that the nation of Peel, Gladstone, and Disraeli has come this low.

My blood glucose seems a bit trivial, compared with national humiliation.

Last edited:

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I was told there was about an 18-!month waiting list for an apartment in the little town, so I thought OK, a year and a half to downsize and save up for the move.

Today I got a call -- guess what, we have a vacancy now! Think about it tonight and call me in the morning to let me know whether you want it.

Yes I do. But NOW? My moving savings are about a year and a half short of funds. Wish I could just load up the KittenCat, my guitar, my toothbrush, and call Uber.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I was told there was about an 18-!month waiting list for an apartment in the little town, so I thought OK, a year and a half to downsize and save up for the move.

Today I got a call -- guess what, we have a vacancy now! Think about it tonight and call me in the morning to let me know whether you want it.

Yes I do. But NOW? My moving savings are about a year and a half short of funds. Wish I could just load up the KittenCat, my guitar, my toothbrush, and call Uber.

Reactions: gennepher

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning folks, 6.3 on the dice, night out at GD's end of year fashion show where the students show off there clothing designs, there's some weird and wacky minds at work out there people. There was a section called "King of Queens", I had to avert my gaze :wideyed:. Celebratory Chinese meal afterwards as the wife was told she got the her old job back, no starting date but they said it would be quick, well chuffed.

Congratulations and best wishes to her!

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The Horror. The Horror. No, not a low carbs diet but the current BBC "Future PM" show. We are failing our young people while these fake politicos strut their little hours upon the stage. Other countries must be truly aghast, that the nation of Peel, Gladstone, Disraeli and Bevan has come this low.

Having read a little about the candidates just now, I'm sort of in sympathy with Boris if he really wants to withhold the £39 billion payment. Facing a move myself without seemingly insufficient funds, I can understand about wanting to retain money until there is "greater clarity about the way forward."

Wish he could lend me one half of one millionth of that billion!

But as to what other countries think of it all, I read the first line as to what "blue cross" meant and all I could think of was the huge US insurance company, Blue Cross Blue Shield. :D

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning...the Boris 'blunderbuss' rolls on...no sign of him at the debate last night was his absence political snobbery (well it was channel 4) or an attempt to build up a frisson of anticipation for this evening's debate on the BBC..entertaining how those who opposed & stood against him have now abandoned their own ambition to be PM and are vying for a cabinet position...among praise in support of him James Cleverly highlighted his great achievements as Mayor of London...of course he didn't mention the projects he started but failed to finish which cost millions...his disastrous tenure as Foreign Secretary (Nazarin Zaghari Ratcliffe)...the exposed outright lies...his infidelity/dishonesty about his affairs...so he seems about par for the course with that track record & should go far...akin to an Eton educated Donald Trump...woke to a post news 6.6.
Watched tonight's debate where boris was guest speaker!!! Honestly, over 70 million people in our country and it's down to these 5. Rory looked like he was on something. Could only watch for 10 minutes. Didnt like the format. Presenter didn't let them get a word in edgeways. Same old same old that we have been hearing for 3 years. Bored now, get on with it. Do what you get paid for.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The Horror. The Horror. No, not a low carbs diet but the current BBC "Future PM" show. We are failing our young people while these fake politicos strut their little hours upon the stage. Other countries must be truly aghast, that the nation of Peel, Gladstone, Disraeli and Bevan has come this low.

I don’t have a television so I have no idea what is unfolding. I cannot hear the radio with being deaf.

Yes, I have my phone so I can text and go online, and look stuff up, but I have absolutely no desire to in this case. I don’t look at news, news blackout here.

I have this absolutely horrid feeling that this clown with a mop of unruly hair, who has said so many horrid things about different parts of the country, and managed to offend Liverpool in 2004 is about to be prime minister...

I didn’t think it would be possible....
So another clown on the world stage...
It must be the millennia for rediculousosity....
I despair...

>^..^<

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am awake in the middle of the night, 1 am, because I cannot sleep. It is the night of a thousand years. I am sleeping no more than 30 to 40 minutes in one go. And each time I go to sleep for 30 or 40 minutes, when I wake up I think I have slept the night through.

And then I look at the clock.

It’s not like I am tossing and turning. I’m not. I don’t feel ill. I am not stressed over anything. Apart from when I opened my eyes just now and pulled the light cord, I see what looks like a harvester spider directly above my head and she has built this amazing spider web cradle....NOOOOOO

I managed to wrap it in its own web with my crutch, opened window, but it was crawling back up my crutch...so I sent my crutch flying into the garden and shut window. Maybe I woke the neighbours, but I couldn’t hear it anyway...

So took my blood glucose reading out of interest 7.8. I have never been as low as 7.8 in the middle of the night, it’s usually just into double figures.

Made a cuppa and peeked in here. Cuppa finished, checked ceiling and no spiders...

Am pulling the covers over my head just in case...

I hope you are all having an amazing night’s sleep...see if I can join you...

>^..^<

Goacher55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I am awake in the middle of the night, 1 am, because I cannot sleep. It is the night of a thousand years. I am sleeping no more than 30 to 40 minutes in one go. And each time I go to sleep for 30 or 40 minutes, when I wake up I think I have slept the night through.

And then I look at the clock.

It’s not like I am tossing and turning. I’m not. I don’t feel ill. I am not stressed over anything. Apart from when I opened my eyes just now and pulled the light cord, I see what looks like a harvester spider directly above my head and she has built this amazing spider web cradle....NOOOOOO

I managed to wrap it in its own web with my crutch, opened window, but it was crawling back up my crutch...so I sent my crutch flying into the garden and shut window. Maybe I woke the neighbours, but I couldn’t hear it anyway...

So took my blood glucose reading out of interest 7.8. I have never been as low as 7.8 in the middle of the night, it’s usually just into double figures.

Made a cuppa and peeked in here. Cuppa finished, checked ceiling and no spiders...

Am pulling the covers over my head just in case...

I hope you are all having an amazing night’s sleep...see if I can join you...

>^..^<

I’m sympathising as I’m awake at 3 am...

Reactions: gennepher and Viv19

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning 5.4 for me but that was about an hour ago. Probably higher now. I too am up far to early - I woke needing the loo and tried to sneak out without waking Dennis but failed - now he is up so I am too.
Hugs to all the insomniacs and especially @gennepher - your awakening is the stuff of nightmares for me. ( however it’s obviously good for your fbg!) The thought of opening my eyes and seeing a spider directly above me actually prevents me shutting my eyes at times. I think you did remarkably well using the crutch to bung it out of the window - will you be able to walk ok to retrieve it?
@SaskiaKC oh no! that really has thrown a spanner in the works. Could you pay a small deposit and ask to reserve an apartment for 18m time? It would be awful to lose the place you’d set your heart on after all your research and planning.
@Viv19 are you still visiting your dad? Change of routine always plays havoc with my bg levels.

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.6 this morning and I'm ready for an early start. I have to go into the city again and the last time stressed me out but this time my neighbour said he will drop me off as it's on his way to work. I have to leave earlier as a result but there is a cafe I can go visit nearby. Adventures galore! Enjoy the day :)