1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by HarrisonK, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Viv19

Viv19 · Well-Known Member

Surely not an hour? My SIL delays any ops as long as she can. Not always a good idea. I’m the opposite- prefer to have it behind me, so there’s no horror to keep thinking about on the horizon. :))

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Shas3

Shas3 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Documents (of course), some clothes (not all), kitchen stuff (as many as possible - NOT fresh stuff), few of my treasured collectibles from my travels (paintings etc.), selection of books. Done!!

• Like Like x 6
  3. PenguinMum

PenguinMum Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Morning All. Slept in so apologies to those who struggled for taking yours. 5.8 at 08.30 so happy with that. @ianpspurs sending warm birthday wishes but hugs for the need of Naproxen. Good luck with the viewings, I have three this aft so need to be out of the house from 2 till 5pm, luckily I am going to call in on a friend who doesnt work on a Wed. @gennepher gosh you had a dramatic night with spidergate but great BG.
    @SaskiaKC oh my G why do things happen like this way...it just not fair...hope you can come to a decision you are happy with. Sending hugs.
    @DJC3 hug for the early start with little Dennis, bless him.
    Hope those who slept badly have a restful day if possible.
    Have a good Wed everyone. Stay well, stay safe.

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. alf_Josiah

alf_Josiah Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen. Me and me's overslept this morning and with today being international bin day disaster.......

A humble 5.9 for me this morning. The surprising thing was this reading behaved itself unlike some of the other readings, one of which blew the fuse in the kettle.

Well folks whatever your plans are be nice to a stranger, make them smile and they will think you're nuts, but at least you can giggle.
    @ianpspurs I played happy birthday for you this morning...twice because you are now old....( But younger than me ) . Just be grateful you didn't hear it.

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. ianpspurs

ianpspurs Type 2 · Expert

Thank you for the music - sadly I don't feel Bjorn again. I am expecting a very lucrative sinecure at any moment, being male, pale and stale, as that is the identikit C21st qualification for aggrandisement and wrecking of lives. #entitled

• Like Like x 6
    #3645 ianpspurs, Jun 19, 2019 at 10:07 AM
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2019
  6. DJC3

DJC3 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Oh yes I know what you mean about getting back to your own bed - bliss!
    I agree that an 18 hr fast usually works well for me too if I can manage it, but sometimes it’s just not feasible.
    Hope you have a lovely time with your friend in spite of the bed.

• Like Like x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  7. karen8967

karen8967 Type 1 · Expert

Little quote for today FB_IMG_1560684081388.jpg

• Like Like x 10
  8. johnpol

johnpol Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Unfortunately yes, the consultant said anything up to an hour depending if the new lens has adhered to the capsule and proves problematic to remove/reposition. Apparently I can be under sedation for it this time, but I am still wary of another eye op after all the laser and both eyes having cataracts.

• Hug Hug x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  9. DJC3

@ianpspurs Happy Birthday ( finally - you have been very evasive about the date) hope the thunderstorms keep away. Sorry to hear about the joint pains again but hope you can stay Naproxen free. Good luck to you and @PenguinMum for your viewings - it’s quite exhausting I found - trying to live properly in what needs to be a show home.
    The developer who is after our house phoned today to say they have tweaked the design a bit to fit in with the conservation dept idea of what will fit into the style of this road. It hasn’t helped that the neighbours have got a petition up against it, but he’s still confident it’ll go through. Our local planning office is overwhelmed and ship a lot of applications out to a 3rd party who are based in Birmingham so have no local knowledge.
    @johnpol so sorry to hear you need another eye op, no wonder you’re a bit apprehensive, makes me squirm to think about it but if it needs doing....
    @dunelm great fbg - who cares how quickly you took it. On the subject of vegan sausage rolls ( tubes) I’ve let my youngest daughter know - she insists veganism is the way to go and said on our family WhatsApp group yesterday that she’d had one for lunch. She was a bit surprised at the number and speed of the comments - her dad and sisters were very scathing. I just told her to look at and count the list of ingredients. I’ve nothing against this way of eating at all, but have plenty against processed food of any description.

• Like Like x 9
  10. ianpspurs

Thanks for the birthday wishes and good luck with the planners and sale. The processed food issue is interesting. Whilst there is a long list of ingredients in many processed foods there is no equivalent list of all the chemicals and antibiotics used in rearing animals or growing these whole foods - the air round here is often thick with sprays. The rate of resowing and harvesting salad crops I see is just not possible naturally Food production and animal husbandry now is nothing like it was when I was born. Even growing food from seed is problematic - modern seeds are obviously highly engineered.. Cut the girl some slack - this is a moat and beam argument.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. geefull

geefull Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

good morning all :)

was 5.2 yesterday and 4.8 today

been outside this morning gathering up what we managed to mow down yesterday in the garden, the new strimmer with a brush cutter blade really moves heavy vegetation :)

Also yesterday I found an artists easel in the charity show and brought it home, pretty ambitious considering I haven't painted since I was about 20 :hilarious: There is a bit missing (from the easel not me ;)) but perhaps I can get a replacement.

@ianpspurs so the secret is out, Many Happy returns, long may you continue to bring us your take on life ;)

Hope your day treats you well :)

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 2
  12. ianpspurs

Thank you for your kind words. There is absolutely nothing missing from you especially since, from afar, you and Mr G seem to be wholly adept at perfecting each other. Excellent news about the brush cutter. My take on life is that I am on the side of the angles - the obtuse ones mainly

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    #3652 ianpspurs, Jun 19, 2019 at 11:39 AM
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2019
  13. dogslife

dogslife Type 2 · Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. ianpspurs

So kind of you to take the trouble when your mum and bg issues are far more pressing. Take care.

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Viv19

What a b... But go for it Johnpol! I have a theory that the younger you are with these procedures, the better it is. I had sedation for each cataract op - obviously it’s not something you would choose to do for fun of your free will but it’s best over with. Sometimes it’s possible to wait too long.
    I suppose it all depends on whether you trust your surgeon. Mine is very grumpy but good, so if he says something then I believe him.

• Like Like x 6
    • Informative Informative x 2
  16. Viv19

DJC3 I agree. Imitation food pretending to be something else can be full of unpleasant additives.
    @ianpspurs that birthday sneaked under the radar. Hope it’s a good one.

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. johnpol

Both consultants I have seen regarding this complication are good, I am just very reticent to have another eye surgery, its only been 14 months since my first operation, and I really don't want to hear the fabled words "I just have to cut this part of the eye out" again if I'm honest (I was awake for both operations one was ok one was not so pleasant), but I know it will have to have it done, not back until August to see the consultant and then say Yes or No to the operation.

• Hug Hug x 7
    • Like Like x 2
  18. ianpspurs

Thanks @Viv19. I had a vague idea it was about this time of year :angelic:

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. DJC3

Good point well made, but no slack - baiting her was yesterday’s sport. This evening it’ll be someone else’s turn. It’s all good natured family stuff.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  20. johnpol

Happy Birthday to you @ianpspurs hope you have a good day

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook