Type 1'stars R Us

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
How are the KFC veganburgers cooked? Do they have dedicated vegan grills? I would be concerned they would have some meat juices on them.

I agree with you and doubt they have dedicated grills (and won't be rushing to buy one!) but for some, not so knowledgeable as others, it might suffice that they have no meat ingredient. (Not sure the word is knowledgeable, but can't think what it is - suggestions on a post card?)

Oooh - come back all I said - thank you @MeiChanski

Reactions: MeiChanski

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I agree with you and doubt they have dedicated grills (and won't be rushing to buy one!) but for some, not so knowledgeable as others, it might suffice that they have no meat ingredient. (Not sure the word is knowledgeable, but can't think what it is - suggestions on a post card?)

Oooh - come back all I said - thank you @MeiChanski
I had a friend who wouldn't eat from any fast food chain places like nandos etc,
I said it'll cause an uproar for vegetarians and vegans if food wasn't cooked separately from meat dishes. She would sit there awkwardly and watch everyone else eat. Also people with religious backgrounds would scream too.
I understand the concern, but surely they have to be mindful of vegetarians as well as vegans.
By all means you can ask and majority of the places are open kitchen, so you can get that death stare going. :hilarious:
My uni cafe was open kitchen, green was vegan, orange was vegetarian and red was meat marked on all kitchen utensils, fryers, pots, pans etc.

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
I don't buy quorn products (don't like the stuff - texture is iffy), and I don't buy most seitan products. I do buy Frys because then my husband will have the same and we can share a meal, which we both like. Usually I make seitan and tofu and that way I know what's in it. I don't remember meat all that well, tbh. Or eggs or cheese. I've never missed any of it. I really thought I'd miss eggs but somehow I never did.

Most folk miss cheese but I decided not to try any of the (mostly horrible) vegan cheeses until I was well over any cheese desires and that way I wouldn't be dissatisfied. Now I'll eat Violife but I don't know if it tastes like cheese.

I make parmegan, which I love. And I have some recipes for making cheese. I was going to get a book, but at the end of the month I want my new tatt and that will take all my spare dosh. Month after, maybe.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
I suspect I’ve been too lazy making changes. I did stop using cows’ milk a few years back after I saw the little male calves in their igloos being fattened for veal while their mothers went on producing milk for humans. The one decent thing about my brother-in-law’s herefords is that the calves stay with their mothers. I’m ashamed to say I started using cows milk again when it was easier to just get it instead of separate milks for himindoors and me.

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

I like your style @Knikki - personally I ate some Rocky Road and Tiffin bites so that I could let @MeiChanski know if they were any good!

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
HMMM there seems a whole pile of health eating going on.

So here is a picture of cake which will be eaten later and to Chuffty McBuff the consequences of it :hilarious:

9vjcc1.jpg

Plenty to share :wideyed:
My fat bottom thought that was bread

Reactions: WuTwo

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
HMMM there seems a whole pile of health eating going on.

So here is a picture of cake which will be eaten later and to Chuffty McBuff the consequences of it :hilarious:

9vjcc1.jpg

Plenty to share :wideyed:

Total yum, despite eggs, butter etc. Maybe we need a Happy Farm for cows and chickens, escape from the stresses to a madhouse of T1s and cheerful animals. What could possibly go wrong.

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Thinking of what could go wrong - this is a terrific book that I loved:

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/Esther-Wonder-Pig-Changing-World/dp/1455560790/ref=sr_1_1?crid=9VEA8ARGHSZP&keywords=esther+the+wonder+pig&qid=1560942667&s=gateway&sprefix=esther,aps,171&sr=8-1

Sorry the link is about 10 miles long. Brilliant, heart warming, happy smile book. Totally loved it! Now I have pictures of Esther as my wallpaper and background :joyful: She has the most wonderful smile!

You can get it for 1p plus p&p from the Amazon Marketplace.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Downloading it @WuTwo - I have a kindle app even though I’m cross with the organisation.
The complicated life of a person who wants a decent way of living and easy pleasure too! Just human?

Reactions: SueJB

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Hey - our much longed for sitting room furniture arrives at the end of the month! Yayayay!!! Just roped in big strong son to help take very, very tatty old stuff out to the front of the house for collection. We want a gap between the two events so we can shampoo the carpet without furniture in there.

Then we'll have camping chairs (him) or cushions on the floor (me/dogs) for a couple of days.

But I'm so excited. I've never had a new suite before!

Delticmatt100

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi guys. Had a good reading this morning pre breakfast 7.9. Then after breakfast I had nice walk along Bure valley railway coltishall before lunch took reading and bought it down 6.7. Just had a healthy salad in wholewheat wrap with some prawns and cherry tomatoes on side. :)

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

That's great!

I get Wednesdays off and usually I cook a lot but today I have totally slobbed out. A couple of magazine, a couple of dogs, a laptop, a sofa and me ........

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Afternoon guys, still busy decorating as I haven't done a great deal over the past two days. I had a very bad school run yesterday afternoon, a pupil was out of control, I said to the 4 teachers who were trying to get him into his seat, that he can't travel with us because of the safety to himself, the other children and my self, but they disregarded what I said ( I said it more than once) and they trivialized it and I was hit, slapped and kicked on the way back to child's house ( asked driver to drop him off first, but he didn't) the other children were scared and one was crying. Child is absent today. This was all after the challenging behaviour course too !!
So, today's another day and moving on.
Hope you are all having a good day :)

Reactions: porl69

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

@Robinredbreast - I'd be having words with your boss, and asking them to contact the school to suggest that teachers do not disregard and disrespect you like that in future!

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
@Robinredbreast - I'd be having words with your boss, and asking them to contact the school to suggest that teachers do not disregard and disrespect you like that in future!

I reported it via a phone call when I returned home, told them what i remembered and about the driver, I stayed calm but my heart was going so fast and gripping child's seat belt so hard too. I will wait until Friday to find out what the outcome is.

Reactions: kitedoc and WuTwo

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Afternoon guys, still busy decorating as I haven't done a great deal over the past two days. I had a very bad school run yesterday afternoon, a pupil was out of control, I said to the 4 teachers who were trying to get him into his seat, that he can't travel with us because of the safety to himself, the other children and my self, but they disregarded what I said ( I said it more than once) and they trivialized it and I was hit, slapped and kicked on the way back to child's house ( asked driver to drop him off first, but he didn't) the other children were scared and one was crying. Child is absent today. This was all after the challenging behaviour course too !!
So, today's another day and moving on.
Hope you are all having a good day :)
Sending you lots of hugs, I'd take it further up.

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

I have chick peas roasting in the oven :)
BG doing much much better - very little spike from today's breakfast :)

Oooh - when they're done, sprinkle them with a bbq/garlic powder mix and shake them up. Gorgeous!!!

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes