Type 1'stars R Us

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Oo that sounds good. I tried roast chickpeas and they never went crisp so I'd love a new recipe.
I drizzled a bit of oil before chucking it in the oven and around 10 mins, I turn them over. Continue in the oven for another 10mins. Once they are golden brown - like @WuTwo sprinkle garlic powder, pepper salt some chilli powder. I didn't have any bbq or papika to give it more flavour. But it smells really good.
This is with a can of chick peas, chick peas that are dried take forever unless you soak them for a few hours.

Reactions: WuTwo

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I have chick peas roasting in the oven :)
BG doing much much better - very little spike from today's breakfast :)
That sounded so good I preheated the oven right away (takes about 15 minutes, my gas stove is at least 70 years old). And now I found out I don't have any chick peas :(

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@helensaramay I forgot to say that if it's cans of chick peas, make sure you drain it very well. That helps it with being crispy. Similar concept with tofu, it's quite wet out of the container, once you dry it off and drain it, it fries better.

@Antje77 :( I'll add it to your shopping list :hilarious:

Reactions: Fairygodmother

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
That sounded so good I preheated the oven right away (takes about 15 minutes, my gas stove is at least 70 years old). And now I found out I don't have any chick peas :(

Oh dear, I shouldn’t be laughing, but I am. Roasted peas, or quick, go dig up some potatoes?

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
HEY GUYS - PARTY AT @Antje77 'S - bring your own bottles!

partyanimals.gif

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
If it came to that, there's cows in a field not too far from me! Not that I think himself would be too chuffed to find a cow in the sitting room ......

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My house is surrounded by potato fields, but they aren't ready yet :( The very few times I want to eat potatoes I steal them from my neighbours barn...
The Dutch do the best potatoes (sorry British potatoes)
Oh wow, so if we want any potatoes, we'll ask you? :hilarious:

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
If it came to that, there's cows in a field not too far from me! Not that I think himself would be too chuffed to find a cow in the sitting room ......
I'm experienced with rams in my bathroom, so why not cows in the living room?

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
My house is surrounded by potato fields, but they aren't ready yet :( The very few times I want to eat potatoes I steal them from my neighbours barn...

We used to take the sugar beet from the field by our house when I was seven, lucky I wasn’t diagnosed T1 til I was 20, it was delicious. We were hungry.

Reactions: WuTwo

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

I'm experienced with rams in my bathroom, so why not cows in the living room?

Okaaaay ..........*backs out of thread slowly and carefully* ......