What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...good news & bad news...good news the sun is shining it look like the start of a beautiful day...bad news I may miss it & have to go to work in south London...oh when is that lottery ticket going to come in...coffee then more coffee needed...woke to a 6.6

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Morning all from a marginally sunny North east, the meter of doom revealed itself with a...…………...6.9 not bad after I was very naughty last night and consumed a whole curly wurly! Not a bit, not a half, not even three quarters I had to eat the whole thing! On pain of death if I didn't...…..Actually now in the cold light of day, I didn't really need to eat it, but it was sat in the fridge (like it has been for the last 6 weeks) asking me, no pleading with me, nay begging to be in my tummy. So who was I to deny it's request, so reluctantly I agreed to it just to be helpful you understand. And it's only bloody Friday!! and a weekend full of debauchery and daring do, and things that you shouldn't do too, or in my case stripping wall paper and collecting a foster dog.
have a brilliant weekend everyone and please do something exciting and fun because I'm not!!!

Bildad

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A clear blue sky here this morning. From my hazy memory I think the yellow thing up there is called sun! Could it be time to take off my wax woolly hat scarf and gloves or should I wait a while? I wouldn't like to tempt fate
I am trying to answer what I fear is an unanswerable question at the moment. My BG is good in a morning and shoots up after lunch. Yesterday it was 5.4 and rose to 5.5 after my CWC dropping to 4.7 before lunch (mince and broccoli) 2 hrs after 5.6 before dinner it was 6.4 (home made burger flat mushroom and a small piece of blue cheese melted on top) it then rose 6.8, 7.0, 7.2 and was at 7.5 when I went to bed 4 hours later. I had CWC with each meal. I can't come up with a reason unless I am more sensitive to coffee after lunch. I will drink water from now on today (have had my morning coffee) and see if the same happens again today.
Take care

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Looks like he will get in (shakes head in dismay)
Jeremy Hunt has no chance...particularly since it looks as if his campaign manager Mark Field may be sacked or suspended after the latest political scandal...just watching the news now...to see a woman being manhandled (pun intended) when there is no credible threat or aggression is so disturbing...I suspect we haven't heard the last of this.

Reactions: gennepher

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 6.1 this morning which I think is down to a couple of glasses wine at the pub with OH before dinner. He has been struggling to get through his first week back at work so came home early and fancied a pint.
Summer Solstice and where is our summer? I need to go to the garden centre to replenish some pots which have been battered by last week’s rain.
@ianpspurs glad to hear you slept well and your joints feel better, hope your review goes well. @gennepher good numbers today. @SaskiaKC sounds like you have a three prong plan for the KC feel sure it will be resolved as cats like to be clean.
Have a good longest day everyone. Hope you see the sun wherever you are.
Stay well, stay safe.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 6.1 this morning which I think is down to a couple of glasses wine at the pub with OH before dinner. He has been struggling to get through his first week back at work so came home early and fancied a pint.
Summer Solstice and where is our summer? I need to go to the garden centre to replenish some pots which have been battered by last week’s rain.
@ianpspurs glad to hear you slept well and your joints feel better, hope your review goes well. @gennepher good numbers today. @SaskiaKC sounds like you have a three prong plan for the KC feel sure it will be resolved as cats like to be clean.
Have a good longest day everyone. Hope you see the sun wherever you are.
Stay well, stay safe.
Thanks for the good wishes @PenguinMum. I imagine one of us will be happy with my results but she probably won't have studied all the blood work as closely as me. Nothing in there to worry about except A1c for me - she will say something positive but by then I will have tuned out. Bright sunshine here and looking good for a few days so I hope your area gets the same.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone, I note that the carnival of clowns has been cut down to only two players, Bungle and Zippy. Must be an austerity measure.

The wheel of fake news and moving averages (like certain car owners, some folk have special names for theirs) rewarded my keen early morning dash with a 5.1. Bye the way, I don’t own a car.

My visit to Dora Dastardly the Develishly Diabolical Diabetic Dictator yesterday was, as I feared, a report of fast living and a recent bon vivant WOE resulting in an HbA1c result of 41. Wind your neck in you may well say but that’s up on last time and would in some circles (those fake interest programmes on daytime TV like Loose Women for instance) be the subject of pointless debate. Anyhow, everything else was all within NFN, sorry NHS guidelines for the average person. I thought that the average person on planet earth would be Chinese for any sort of P-value. Perhaps people are now linear rather than Gaussian but I see myself more in the Mandelbrot set. Good fortune for you visit @ianpspurs.

My mother is flying over next month and reports that her mobile phone is now kaput. I dug out the box of old phones to find one that she can use - it’s only for making phone calls - nothing fancy. I have a Nokia 8210 - a BlackBerry a couple of iPhones and a bunch of Samsungs. Best look at the batteries and try charging them up.

Have a great day everyone.

Viv19

Woke early as usual here but then fell asleep again. I was hoping that the bg has finally gone down but no, it’s a miserable 7.2 again this morning. ☹️ fed up with this. And I really haven’t exactly been eating naughty stuff. But perhaps too much? I need wine - feel sure that helps.
Off to visit our friend this morning so that’s not much sleep for a few nights. When we get back home I’ll have an appointment re my wonky thyroid. Hopeful that increasing the strength of the little tablets might help if the endoc agrees. And a not so sore back of course.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.8 for me this morning. Any 5 is a good 5 in my book.
@PenguinMum I love an evening like that - couple of drinks in a nice pub after work then home to dinner. It’s good to take pleasure in the small things in life.
@ianpspurs I’m pleased you had a good pain free nights sleep, long may it continue. Don’t be too grumpy with that DN today.
@dunelm I also have a drawer full of old phones, annoyingly none of the chargers are with them - they all seem to be in different drawers. How long is it since you’ve seen your mum?
@gennepher glad to see your levels are going in the right direction without the aid of arachnids
@Bildad hope you figure out your bg conundrum. I have seen people report that caffeine puts bg up, maybe it’s just your liver trying to be helpful and deciding to give you an evening phenomenon rather than a dawn one? Not that I’ve heard of that. Good luck with it.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@ianpspurs it is such a lovely area - hope your house hunting goes well. Lanwades Hall was not only stunning but they meticulously ensured that my food was virtually zero carb. They even made me a low carb desert which was truly low carb and BS only just ventured into the low 6s after eating.

You had a brilliant fbs this morning.

Yesterday 118 grams protein (usually around 50g). A level that high always without fail spikes fbs. But this morning 4.8. So the tweaks I have recently introduced may have helped. Of course you can never be sure of anything with T2D.

We are celebrating a significant wedding anniversary today and are off to stay at the North Norfolk coast so will no doubt be continuing the higher than usual protein eating for 3 days.