1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by HarrisonK, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Krystyna23040

Krystyna23040 Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

The venue in Newmarket was absolutely stunning - Lanwades Hall. It was a lovely and very emotional day as the bride was the granddaughter of a very dear friend who died last year.

The caterers were really good and made sure everything they gave me was low carb. It was really delicious and I did eat much more protein than I usually do - which doesn't bode well for my fbs tomorrow.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 3
  2. SaskiaKC

SaskiaKC Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I Googled Lanwades Hall ... what a lovely place!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  3. SaskiaKC

Remember boywatchers? I wish I could post my pic of me wearing mine. But here's this ...

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  4. pavlosn

pavlosn Type 2 · Well-Known Member

5,8 for me today There is something pleasing at seeing a number starting with 5 ...

I leave you with wishes for a great Friday and a photo of something from my garden: a beautiful canna lily 20190620_120343.jpeg

• Like Like x 9
    • Winner Winner x 6
  5. Debandez

Debandez Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

How much longer can they get away with murder (quite literally!). The evidence has always been out there. The 1936 guidelines were lchf. Then along came Ancel keys! 40 years of encouraging low fat high carb resulting in obesity and diabetes epidemic. We have the internet. And mobile phones. With internet at the end of our fingers. And forums. We have found a solution ourselves. We have voices. They are getting louder. I was thinking, we could try and do something rebeliius on or around world diabetes day 14 November. Yellow jacket lines. It's only a thought at the moment (a dream!).

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Debandez

Hope you enjoyed your diabetes day off, sounds good! What does that entail exactly. Does that involve eating as a non diabetic or is it just a day away from the forum. You cant turn your back for a minute on this thread. Posts sneak up from nowhere. Just when you think you've caught up theres 20 more little blighters there Haha. I had a busy couple of days. Came back to 175 unread! Nearly through them now I'm happy to say.

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 2
  7. Debandez

Looks like he will get in (shakes head in dismay) Conservatives will be ousted at the next GE that's a dead cert so he might not be at the helm that long with any luck.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  8. Debandez

Their heads together? Might knock a bit of sense in!

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Debandez

You should write a book, it would be a best seller!

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  10. SaskiaKC

Not at all. Thank you so much. For all I know it may be an age thing. She is 14, and although she doesn't act like an old lady, it could be her age. She seems to be getting a little bit farsighted; when I give her treats in my hand she finds them more by scent than by sight these days, although when I toss them across the room she obviously sees them very well. And she never misses when she jumps up onto things.

I think she knows what she is doing is wrong, because a couple of times when I have caught her right afterwards she has gone to sit behind the TV, as if she is putting herself in "timeout" or something, even though I have never punished her for anything or even scolded her.

• Like Like x 7
  11. trick60

trick60 Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

Happy Friday folks, 5.8 on the dice, have a lovely one wherever you are.

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. SaskiaKC

Thanks. :) I have a packet of loose catnip. She is not really into catnip -- my older kitty was a catnip junkie but the KittenCat is just "Meh." However, she loves treats, and I may try combining your idea with @PenguinMum 's idea about treats and try a trail of treats to the litter box. I'm also thinking about putting her water bowl down in the spot she has chosen in the living room. I read somewhere that cats don't like their water bowls near their food dishes, but none of the cats I have ever known seemed to have a problem with this, but maybe I will move her water bowl away from her food dishes and put it in this new "poop place" and see if it helps.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  13. SaskiaKC

upload_2019-6-21_1-13-44.jpeg

• Like Like x 10
  14. karen8967

karen8967 Type 1 · Expert

5.2 for me have a great day everyone

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 4
  15. ianpspurs

ianpspurs Type 2 · Expert

Morning all. Later start today, 5.15, which is fine as I dozed off on the sofa and went to sleep earlier last night - joints seem to be pleased with the rest. Peter the meter, purveyor of fake news and unfundable promises, passed my blood withdrawal agreement with a 4.5 majority backed by the fbg - (droplet decided it was madness to leave on WTF rules) @Krystyna23040 Landwade Hall is indeed stunning and very close to where I was looking at houses yesterday. There are a few venues like that in the area and some amazing stud farms. Sounds as though you enjoyed your day so I hope the protein fest doesn't rebound on you but anyhow one day won't be an issue. Off for my annual review @ 8.30. DN may tickle my feet and generally be a fount of good advice on all things medical - or not.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    #3795 ianpspurs, Jun 21, 2019 at 6:34 AM
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2019
  16. Bubbsie

Bubbsie Type 2 · Well-Known Member

A little bit of contraband Debs nothing too daring...and no posting or testing...indulgent I know but occasionally I feel the need.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Bubbsie

Could you imagine that...its a thought

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Bubbsie

Morning...good news & bad news...good news the sun is shining it look like the start of a beautiful day...bad news I may miss it & have to go to work in south London...oh when is that lottery ticket going to come in...coffee then more coffee needed...woke to a 6.6

• Like Like x 5
    • Hug Hug x 3
  19. Debandez

Love that. Laughed out loud, almost tooted!!!

• Like Like x 4
  20. HarrisonK

HarrisonK Type 2 · Well-Known Member

6.1 this morning, opened a new pot of strips so I shall keep an eye on the daily levels. At least it's sunny and dry for my walk, breakfast on the green I think :)

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 2
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook