Type 1'stars R Us

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I might whip up crispy tofu in a sweet soy sauce, lots of garlic and ginger with a side of broccoli. Possibly a teaspoon of rice.

Reactions: WuTwo

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Yep - we are all in line for a good day!

DIABETES - are you listening? Did you hear? Behave yourself today for all of us or there will be tears before bedtime for you!
Mine definitely didn't listen :sour:
Did I or did I not forget to bolus? If I knew I didn't I would curse at stupid diabetes and correct with 2, maybe 3 units for the bg I'm seeing now. If I did I missed 11 or 12 needed units and it will keep going up with this correctional dose.
Opted for 6 units, not enough if I forgot but relatively easy to eat for if I start dropping like a stone in the next hour or so. Thank you, Libre, for enabling me to keep a close eye on what's happening!
And that's only the start of my day, hope I get it right again before the whole eating out and long car drive with aunts thing comes... :bag:

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Whack some decent music on and blast it out - in these circs I heartily recommend Alter Bridge or Nightwish until the worst of the gibbering fury is over- and then I gradually bring it down until I can finish off with something classical that will totally chill me out.

Reactions: Antje77

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well here is new one for me today still a bit confused as to what is happening

I have a pump and changed set over last night. Bloods this morning on waking were little high, 8.3 and by 9am they had done their usual climb to just over 10.5

I was at work and dropped some papers on the floor. I bent over to pick them up and on way back up I caught the cannula and set on the arm of chair which ripped the cannula from my body, OUCH, with a little blood coming out of my body.

Luckily i have a Libre so decided to check my BG every half hour. I did have some Novorapid at work but did not take any.Had no BASAL with me.

Between 9 am and 12 oclock my BG started to fall from around 10.5 down to 8, then 5 before finally settling at 4.3.

As i had no BASAL I am a little confused as to why this would continue to fall.

Luckily i finish at 2 pm today so will get home and change the set.

Note to self be more careful with sets and cannula

Reactions: porl69

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Well, I’m all over the place today. Hit double figures, then rage bolussed and crashed a bit.

Too much excitement as the training takes off?

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Well, the surgery phoned to say hey - you have an infection! And there's a prescription been sent down to the pharmacy for you. All I could think of to say was "I rather guessed that, since I've had it for the last fortnight". Silence, and an uncomfortable goodbye from her, a cheery one from me.....

Ha! I don't know whether to laugh or cry - I feel a sort of combination of really frustrated, annoyed mixed with a vague hilarity.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well, the surgery phoned to say hey - you have an infection! And there's a prescription been sent down to the pharmacy for you. All I could think of to say was "I rather guessed that, since I've had it for the last fortnight". Silence, and an uncomfortable goodbye from her, a cheery one from me.....

Ha! I don't know whether to laugh or cry - I feel a sort of combination of really frustrated, annoyed mixed with a vague hilarity.

You can laugh and cry, then munch on oreos with me. I’m glad it is sorted but I’m angry with them.

Reactions: Antje77

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

You can laugh and cry, then munch on oreos with me. I’m glad it is sorted but I’m angry with them.

I'd love some Oreos!! LOTS of Oreos please :hungry:

Reactions: MeiChanski

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Only if it's vegan Ben & Jerry's chocolate fudge icecream.....

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
And that's only the start of my day, hope I get it right again before the whole eating out and long car drive with aunts thing comes... :bag:
All's back to normal, except I'm still not sure if I forgot or not. Off for dinner, aunts and drive now, enjoy your evening all!

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

All's back to normal, except I'm still not sure if I forgot or not. Off for dinner, aunts and drive now, enjoy your evening all!

Enjoy your meal out :joyful:

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
End of the working week and what a week it was too :wideyed: so, looking forward to finishing off decorating and buying a few bit's and pieces for kitchen/dining room :)
Hope your Friday has been a good one.
A hug to those who need one or who would just like to have one :happy:

Reactions: therower