What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ps....buffet, so also had... egg bacon sausage. And a naughty, naughty TOAST...:wideyed:

Delish..;) :D

( 6 dollars...unlimited food n coffee, fruit juices :***:..etc)

Off into town, cats n dogs await Lauren's cat n doggie treats.

So lotions, hat , sunnies.. biscuits..check.

and for those not so blessed.
Here's my new mate ..SOL.:happy:

IMG_20190624_104727469~02.jpg

Last edited:

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Off into town, cats n dogs await Lauren's cat n doggie treats.
I was waiting for that jjaark...don't forget the photos...just a quick question...was the toast thick white bread with butter oozing down the sides...if not it doesn't count as a sin;)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
It did sound like a lovely weekend and the pleasure it gave you is well reflected in your fbg.
You’ve done amazingly well: getting such great levels is a feat on its own but especially as you’ve come off insulin too - have you managed such good control just by diet? ( sorry if there is info in your signature - I use the app and can’t see that bit)
It was with diet only. I found that 20g of carbs is the maximum that my body can cope with. Less would probably be better but I do enjoy the 20g of carbs so am more likely to stick to it long term info stay around that level.

I did - by chance find out recently that by adding vitamin C my numbers are lower. There is a link to the study on this. But it is the keto diet that is what controls my numbers.

Goacher55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Wondering is there any point in drying my hair before I head out...might just tie it back...cheers gennepher;)

I hardly ever dry my hair. It’s not that easy to do with only one working arm and hand do I don’t usually bother

Reactions: DJC3

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning from the dark and dangerous north.
The government has realised that our 10th annual family CF fund raising bank holiday gathering next year clashes with the 75th anniversary of VE Day so, in a fit of jealousy, has moved the bank holiday from it’s sentinel position of Monday back to Friday (8th May 2020).
It’s bad enough with those strangely garbed folk in Vatican City pointing at the heavens and shifting Easter round, now the clowns of Whitehall are fiddling about with yet more stuff. Oh for a bit of peace and stability. Bring on the empty horses.

The wonder wheel of shirking and playing hard to get issued a begrudged 4.8 this morning. The graph line had been bouncing about in the zone of 3 since about 4am but decided to shift up a bit so as not to scare me. Maybe I should eat more eggs and roasted cauliflower.

Have a great day if you can, time for a koffy.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Warning this posting will contain topics of an offensive nature to those of a sensitive nature and no tolerance of the absurd, please,please read no further, in fact do the sensible thing and block my postings on your news feed.

Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen, today is national be nice to a neighbour day hmmmm.
Again a well behaved 5.5 escaped from my meter shouting shepherd's pie at me, now did that little blighter know me and me's had nicked the shepherd's dinner?

Well folks I can recommend don't give yourself a shot of insulin before you go and practice plinky plonky ( keyboard ie electronic piano ) the c#minor scale sounds just like a miner ( pun intended ) singing in the pit head showers.

Have a great day, woodworking on children's garden toy's. Arranging a motorbike test ride, gardening and finally sorting out a drug problem at the chemists, may the deities of your choice help the chemist.

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I take great pains to straighten my hair gennepher...any possibility it might go wavy is unacceptable (its uncontrollable when it's curly/wavy) and it must be restrained...tied back it is and it's all your fault:D:D:D.
:)o_O:angelic:

Sorry...

>^..^<

Reactions: HarryBeau

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It was with diet only. I found that 20g of carbs is the maximum that my body can cope with. Less would probably be better but I do enjoy the 20g of carbs so am more likely to stick to it long term info stay around that level.

I did - by chance find out recently that by adding vitamin C my numbers are lower. There is a link to the study on this. But it is the keto diet that is what controls my numbers.

Oh yes I remember seeing discussion re vit C now. I think it is all down to your determination though and I’m full of admiration for what you’ve achieved.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Your weekend sounded fabulous in every way. I am interested in Vit C helping out with low BG. I am now taking a slow release Vit C daily but while I was on holiday I had a couple of wedges of orange with breakfast about one quarter of a large orange and it certainly didnt raise my BG as I expected it to do.