What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
I expect Wispa will scoff the lot and then it’s belly dragging for the rest of the day.
Don’t eat the bread rolls - they are made on Mars and contain mind control drugs.

I’m not really a big bread eater to be honest but hot dogs mmm

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sometimes our levels just dont react the way we anticipate they will.

I had the wrong thing to eat tonight.

We were invited to a cocktail party for the wedding of a friend's daughter. I stayed away from all the food as almost everything involved bread in some form or rather.

As is customary at Cypriot weddings, on leaving we took with as a "loukoumi, a wedding treat consisting of a semolina pastry staffed with slightly sweetened almonds and pistachio nuts and covered in castor sugar.

When we got home I succumbed to the temptation and ate one of them instead of dinner, though at least I made sure to scrape off most of the icing sugar.

I regreted it as I was then worried about what this would do to my glucose. Unfortunately I had not tested prior but testing every half an hour after came back with 5.8, 5.7, 5.3 and 5.4!

Now I would not dream of suggesting that this is food suitable for diabetics, it is not, but based on this counts I would say that this one time I got away with it!

Let's see what tomorrow morning will bring.
IMG_68341.jpeg

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sometimes our levels just dont react the way we anticipate they will.

I had the wrong thing to eat tonight.

We were invited to a cocktail party for the wedding of a friend's daughter. I stayed away from all the food as almost everything involved bread in some form or rather.

As is customary at Cypriot weddings, on leaving we took with as a "loukoumi, a wedding treat consisting of a semolina pastry staffed with slightly sweetened almonds and pistachio nuts and covered in castor sugar.

When we got home I succumbed to the temptation and ate one of them instead of dinner, though at least I made sure to scrape off most of the icing sugar.

I regreted it as I was then worried about what this would do to my glucose. Unfortunately I had not tested prior but testing every half an hour after came back with 5.8, 5.7, 5.3 and 5.4!

Now I would not dream of suggesting that this is food suitable for diabetics, it is not, but based on this counts I would say that this one time I got away with it!

Let's see what tomorrow morning will bring.View attachment 33908

Well, look at it this way: you had some nice nutritious almonds and pistachios! :)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Health n safety I'd say @SaskiaKC .

Plus the beastie boys started the car emblem craze, with the VW....Sure a few mercs lost their emblem due to 'over enthusiasm_
Can't say I've seen the 3 pointed star 'circle' on recent mercs. ??
Does seem to be an aversion to adding ornaments, as it's unclear in the event of damage to others (pedestrian), who would be liable...easy route out, no mascots I guess

It always interests me that y'all say "Merc" for Mercedes; over here a "Merc" is a Mercury. At least "Jag" is the same here and there (except of course for where they put the steering wheels!).

Remember this? --

PeaceSign.jpg

Way back in 1970 when I was in my first year at college and the peace symbol was still very popular on T-shirts and posters and everything else, a girl who lived down the hall from me had her version of the peace symbol on her door -- in full psychedelic colors, but with one slight variation ...

5a85105cb6e28fc54ac4a0409c0195c2--mercedes-classic-car-logos.jpg

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Gosh @SaskiaKC thats a bit posh for a garbage truck look like it should be on a royal car. Re BG and LCHF I stick to approximate levels of carbs and do tend to eat meals that have been well tested. Lately I have been finding too much meat gives me higher levels and its not what I eat with it cos its salad or brocolli unless there is a combo thing going on. So to cut to the chase I often have surprise readings too, good or bad.
How is the KC today, normal service resumed?

Normal service resumed as of seven o'clock this evening ... :)

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Looks like the Conservative party have to Debs...it's an all out fist fight;)
They are just so out of sync with each other .....and moreso the people. I'm zoning out now when news comes on TV. Would rather watch paint dry. If I had £1 for every time Brexit was mentioned in one day alone I would be a very rich woman!

trick60

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning folks, a 6.4 marks an upward trend I'm having lately, where have my fives gone, even my avatar seems more miserable than usual.
In other news it's raining quite pissistently here, much more of this and there'll be shouts of "man the lifeboats"

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
8.2 this morning at 5 am
Another full point leapt down...

It’s going to be a long day.

Travelling and the eye hospital check up appointment today.

So a bit apprehensive.

My dry eyes have changed since the laser iridotomy to relieve eye pressure (the laser treatment was nothing to do with the dry eyes), At the moment instead of dry gains of sand sandpaper feeling between eye ball and eyelid, it feels now sticky grains of sand gooey sandpaper feeling between eyeball and eyelid. And although I use eyedrops all the time, they weren’t enough.

Then I had the idea of putting Optrex in one of those mister tubes that spray a fine mist of water on my paintings. I bought some brand new ones (for hygiene sake) and put the Optrex in. That was brilliant. Instant relief from that stickiness. So I have been spraying my eyes quite a few times a day in between the eyedrops for the last few weeks whenever I feel that stickiness about to begin. It meant I could get back to reading again.

Not sure how much to say about this to eye doc. Or to keep my mouth shut. I already had a falling out with the dietician the week before last when I was asking him (as I had done before) to work with me on Low carbs, dietician has been cross with me before and it wasn’t pleasant. Dietician promotes the large carb serving on the plate. Anyway he won’t see me any more now because of this, he is so adamant against low carb and is insistent he is the trained professional...all I was asking him to do was work with me on this and give his input...but he flew into a bit of a rage and shoved his face in mine saying he was the professional...so that has preyed on my mind every day since, like a nightmare, because he was so unpleasant. I cannot get the dietician’s face out of my head. Just so glad I will not be seeing him again.

So I will mind what I say today to the eye doctor. Will get there early for a coffee, to prepare what I want to say to him and what I might say to him.

I will be near a Chinese supermarket, it is Liverpool, so I am going to look in to see what foods might be possible for low carb, but I don’t know the Chinese for carbohydrate...

Catch you later.
Have a good day
Take care
Make it a good day...no, make it a fantastic day!

>^..^<

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
8.2 this morning at 5 am

So a bit apprehensive.

My dry eyes have changed since the laser iridotomy to relieve eye pressure (the laser treatment was nothing to do with the dry eyes), At the moment instead of dry gains of sand sandpaper feeling between eye ball and eyelid, it feels now sticky grains of sand gooey sandpaper feeling between eyeball and eyelid. And although I use eyedrops all the time, they weren’t enough.

Then I had the idea of putting Optrex in one of those mister tubes that spray a fine mist of water on my paintings. I bought some brand new ones (for hygiene sake) and put the Optrex in. That was brilliant. Instant relief from that stickiness. So I have been spraying my eyes quite a few times a day in between the eyedrops for the last few weeks whenever I feel that stickiness about to begin. It meant I could get back to reading again.

Not sure how much to say about this to eye doc. Or to keep my mouth shut. I already had a falling out with the dietician the week before last when I was asking him (as I had done before) to work with me on Low carbs, dietician has been cross with me before and it wasn’t pleasant. Dietician promotes the large carb serving on the plate. Anyway he won’t see me any more now because of this, he is so adamant against low carb and is insistent he is the trained professional...all I was asking him to do was work with me on this and give his input...but he flew into a bit of a rage and shoved his face in mine saying he was the professional...so that has preyed on my mind every day since, like a nightmare, because he was so unpleasant. I cannot get the dietician’s face out of my head. Just so glad I will not be seeing him again.

So I will mind what I say today to the eye doctor. Will get there early for a coffee, to prepare what I want to say to him and what I might say to him.

I will be near a Chinese supermarket, it is Liverpool, so I am going to look in to see what foods might be possible for low carb, but I don’t know the Chinese for carbohydrate...

Catch you later.
Have a good day
Take care

>^..^<

My goodness Gennepher what a horrible experience with the dietician. For someone shouting g about being the ‘professional’ he certainly wasn’t acting like one. I think you have just cause for complaint there, it’s completely unacceptable if he can’t have an informed discussion. Surely it’s his job to work WITH you?
I do hope your eye app goes better, sounds like a long and exhausting day either way, I look forward to reading your later instalment.
Great fbg by the way - a very definite downward trend. Well done.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone, we are doing a bit of respite at present for my sister in law who is a foster carer. A small, 8 month old dynamo is currently hurtling (albeit on hands and knees) round the room, pushing a wooden building block to his great amusement.

My wonder wheel of cautious optimism and disappointment like a pair of arguing twins issued forth a sprightly 4.1 at 0545 and then gave my liver a swift kick and asked it to join in.

For cat lovers on this thread I have a question that you may be able to answer. I have, over the years, consulted books and also the internet but it’s always good to try and get another angle on it. Is there really a way of keeping cats off my garden? Let me re-phrase; is there a pleasant way to keep cats off my garden.

For several years we have been defending our garden from a group of cats, all property of one human who lives a bit further down the street, on the other side of the road. A very unreasonable person who just thinks it’s quite amusing that her menagerie of mobile menaces use everyone else’s gardens as their toilets.

We have managed to make our back garden cat proof, at some expense and effort. It is now free of their disgusting gifts, safe for our grandchildren to play in and all the birds are back.

Our front garden however is a different matter. We have bark, collect pine cones and holly leaves from the park, shiny spinning things, spikes, stuff to spray on the ground and on, and, on, and on. Not really a garden of beauty more of a junk yard of paraphernalia that cats may or may not like.

I have nothing against cats, they are merely animals doing what animals of their irk do, but they do live in the UK under the protection of right to roam - I just seemingly have to battle away to deter. I blame lawyers, who, like economics professors and so called social scientist, fiddle away with society, chipping away at symmetry in their own little bubbles.

Anyhow, I digress. So just how do I keep a bunch of cats from continuing their nasty habits in our front garden. And please, don’t suggest getting a cat or even a dog - I would not let one into my house.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
8.2 this morning at 5 am

So a bit apprehensive.

Catch you later.
Have a good day
Take care

>^..^<

Not much of a professional then, that dietician. I would be mindful of making a professional complaint. Sad that, as a professional, he is not keeping up with latest research that suggests that a mighty dollop of mashed potato may be quite damaging.

Can you find a dietician that will be a bit more professional and helpful?

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.8 this morning. Was really very hungry when I got back from work at 10pm last night and ate a huge chunk of cheddar cheese plus coffee and cream so maybe that's why it's higher.

It's absolutely torrential rain at the moment so dog walk postponed until it stops raining.

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Morning all hope everyone had a nice weekend, I've had a long weekend off, the reading from the meter of doom was a 7.9 not good but not bad either. Hopefully everyone got up to some interesting things at the weekend mine consisted mostly stripping! (steady everyone it was wallpaper stripping) oh and collecting a foster Bulldog, we did offer to foster but I road trained him to Yorkshire instead. On a side note the charity I volunteer for was on This Morning yesterday highlighting our Bulldogs in foster. Anyway enough waffle have a good day everyone.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
7 and a mighty headache this morning. So paying now for last nights sins!

Good day to you

At least you enjoyed your little treat. I wonder if the headache is linked to it. Since eating lchf I find that if I have something too carby now I will feel absolutely terrible a couple of hours later. This has thrown me a couple of times when I haven’t realised I’ve had carbs ( maybe flour in soup or a sauce when I’ve eaten out) drink lots of water this morning and I hope you feel better soon.