Thoughts of Luna

luna50

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @luna50
You write very authoritatively yet seem a bit misinformed on a number of topics.

Why would the liver take amino acids from protein (usually ingested rather than catabolise that already in the body) when there is already an excess of glucose? This is now thought to be a demand driven process rather than as you describe.
The best way to stop excess glucose build up is to stop eating it completely maybe allied with some fasting.
That is why those in the ViRTA study can come off most if not all of their T2 medication through eating a ketogenic (ultra low carb) diet. Maybe you need to do a bit more up to date research.
Very similar results are those seen in a carnivorous way of eating too.
May I be so bold as to ask you to provide with some of your recent figures that show your levels of control and also what medication you are currently taking to achieve those levels of control.
It is quite interesting that you believe that you have the "solution" and that the rest of us appear to be well on "the way to suicide"by following the approaches we have taken (mainly through self education).
Oh and please no latin.. my grade B at O Level is a dim and distant memory.

I do not claim I have the solution for DM T2 treatment. I tell You how I manage my DM T2.

You INTRPRETED it as I have “the solution” It is your problem and continue with that.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It is very WRONG to recomand this LC-Diet to people with real Diabetes Type 2.

This LC-diet can be used for a short period of time by people who do not have DM T2 and people with Prediabetes and people on the beginning with DM T2.

Wrong.. I've been on it for over 3 years with no problems. Your views and information are out of date

The hyperglycemia of diabetes melitus is caused by overproduction and underutilzsation of glucose.

Nope T2 is a problem of hyperinsuliaemia in my view and hyperglycemia is a symptom.

VLDL ( Very Low Density Lipoprotein) also tends to be elevated because the oversupply of fatty acids promotes triglyceride synthesis in the liver,

In which case Triglycerides should be extremely elevated when keto which they usually are not. LDL (large particle) may be elevated but not trigs.

All this is not UNTRUTH.

Just outdated claptrap?

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Well to be honest you haven't told us that at all.. you seem to be avoiding telling us how you manage it..
I have to wonder why?

I would guess not the one pea or one bean diet :rolleyes:

luna50

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
YOU write: “Not so. Diabetic ketoacidosis happens in the presence of three factors - extremely high blood glucose, total lack of insulin and dehydration. Ketosis is the burning of fat for fuel. One does not lead to the other. “

What You describe in your text is not “KETOACIDOSIS”

IT is “NON KETOTIC HYPERGLYCEMIC HYPEROSMOLAR COMA BY Diabetes Melitus Type 2”

You write:

“I know exactly what it is, as an ex research biochemist, science teacher, trainee medic”

What is the reason for your missing knowledge?
I am sorry to disturb YOU.

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well to be honest you haven't told us that at all.. you seem to be avoiding telling us how you manage it..
I have to wonder why?
From the film Oh Mr Porter - You're wasting your time. Save your breath for those who want to listen and engage properly.

Reactions: zand and bulkbiker

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I do not claim I have the solution for DM T2 treatment. I tell You how I manage my DM T2.

You INTRPRETED it as I have “the solution” It is your problem and continue with that.
how, specifically do you manage your diabetes? what meds do you take/ what foods and what quantities do you eat a day? what are your blood glucose figures?

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
YOU write: “Not so. Diabetic ketoacidosis happens in the presence of three factors - extremely high blood glucose, total lack of insulin and dehydration. Ketosis is the burning of fat for fuel. One does not lead to the other. “

What You describe in your text is not “KETOACIDOSIS”

IT is “NON KETOTIC HYPERGLYCEMIC HYPEROSMOLAR COMA BY Diabetes Melitus Type 2”

You write:

“I know exactly what it is, as an ex research biochemist, science teacher, trainee medic”

What is the reason for your missing knowledge?
I am sorry to disturb YOU.
HONK (the previous name for HHS) is not the same as ketoacidosis type 1's can experience, and happens over weeks. However, i am not sure I understand why you are mentioning it?

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
HONK (the previous name for HHS) is not the same as ketoacidosis type 1's can experience, and happens over weeks. However, i am not sure I understand why you are mentioning it?
Pretty sure the OP doesn’t either... :rolleyes:

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have to wonder why?
OP is an insulin user. Profile page makes interesting reading....... I wonder who it was she found to agree with her?

Reactions: Krystyna23040

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All,

I just returned this thread to view after removing it to edit out a few posts that were wildly inaccurate, misleading, insulting and scaremongering. As you know, such posts are against our forum rules and have been deleted.

Thank you to everyone who has reported the posts. The mod team will be grateful if you continue to report posts that break our forum rules.

As I am sure you are aware, we mods occasionally have to drop offline to eat, sleep and w**k, so if you don't get an immediate response, please bear with us.

Several others of you have also had your posts removed. You did nothing wrong. However, your posts were quoting, or responding to the other deleted posts, and could not be left standing, because they would have left the scaremongering in view. All those members have been notified, so that they realise they are not to blame.

Have a good evening everyone.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All,

I just returned this thread to view after removing it to edit out a few posts that were wildly inaccurate, misleading, insulting and scaremongering. As you know, such posts are against our forum rules and have been deleted.

Thank you to everyone who has reported the posts. The mod team will be grateful if you continue to report posts that break our forum rules.

As I am sure you are aware, we mods occasionally have to drop offline to eat, sleep and w**k, so if you don't get an immediate response, please bear with us.

Several others of you have also had your posts removed. You did nothing wrong. However, your posts were quoting, or responding to the other deleted posts, and could not be left standing, because they would have left the scaremongering in view. All those members have been notified, so that they realise they are not to blame.

Have a good evening everyone.
w**k ... the mind boggles!

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I am glad I did not respond to this thread as anything I may or would of said even I would have removed if a mod.

Reactions: JoKalsbeek

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yikes, I appreciate everyone holding their breath
I like to say less carbs and keto has helped people either T1, T2 or overweight etc whatever the situation. It’s not for everyone, but you can adjust and make it work in small steps. Carbs increase BG readings - in your case from 4-5mmol to 10 mmol is a bit of a jump.
LCHF has been proven to help T2 manage their condition and not worsen it.
@luna50 you type like we, as T1 diabetics don’t know what DKA is. Some of us almost lost our lives to it.
But you do you, however you manage your condition.