What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I feel for Harry trying to keep cool and other dogs.
Back from our walk PM...spent about 40 minute out and back at the right time I could feel the temperature riding as we walked home...yes I must agree cats are more sensible in the heat … Churchill has a space in the girls bedroom right in line with the with the blind...now a coffee and a bit of light housework...take it easy PM and enjoy your weekend.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Again not a post for the sensitive and no appreciation of absurd, look away now.

Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and sun worshippers may Ra look upon you kindly, other gods available at all good places of worship.

A well behaved 5.0 climbed out of meter this morning, looked at me giggled then said "that's you on the limit for driving and riding this morning."

Well folks it's forecast to be a scorcher, best cover up when out and nap in the fridge when in. I guess the smell of bbq's will on the breeze this evening, but I wonder what will be on the bbq's?
Have a good day folks.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.4 for me. Finally found a couple of minutes to post. Knock at the door around 8am - it was SIL looking dishevelled. He and daughter drove up from Cornwall yesterday for a wedding today. He went out to play snooker after dinner and took a key in case we’d gone to bed. Unfortunately when I locked up I left the key in the lock ( I always do, so we can get out in case of fire) which means he couldn’t unlock it from the outside. He spent the night in his van!!! I felt awful but daughter laughed and said not to worry, he likes sleeping in the van, thinks he’s a surfer dude!
Everyone has gone now so settling g down in a cool room with young Den and a mature old lady Jack Russel cross we are babysitting for the weekend.
@Goacher55 hugs for the retinopathy test on such a sunny day,

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Wispa finds the shade whenever she’s in the garden

She will sunbathe for around 10 minutes and then get up and walk to where there is a shaded place

Ian good luck with the house move

We downsized in 2016 to a house with a teeny weeny garden as the old garden was like a park and too big for me to manage

Here’s what it was like

View attachment 33988

And here’s what we have now

View attachment 33989
Have a good weekend IAN

Regards
Ian

Much easier to manage although your previous garden looks magnificent. You’ve made a lovely job with the colourful borders.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It hardly did Saskia. My grandparents had the geyser in the bathroom, but don’t forget there was only ever a single, probably ill fitting draughty pane of glass in the window and the bathroom was usually freezing. In mid winter literally with ice on the inside. So the geyser only ever raised the temperature a couple of degrees.
Sounds like my apartment in Nashville.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Social obligation does sound rather grand.

The reality is a lot less glamorous.

I have to attend a memorial service for my great uncle who passed away a month ago whose funeral I was unable to attend as it was held in the UK and I was unable to travel at the time.

Summer house or not, the beach is the important part and that is free to all

Um, no. The beach is hardly free. Most beaches here are private property; those that are not are 5+ hours away anyway, like the private ones, hardly a day trip.

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It just officially hit 30C here, and ... :):);)

weather.jpg

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good afternoon all :)

was 4.9 this morning

we were off out early this morning to take advantage of the day before the threatened rain arrived ;) nice long walk by the golf course and along the shore earlier, there was a ladies charity golf tournament going on and when we got to the furthest point mr gee was offered a bit of homemade carrot cake and a cup of Pimms by one of the support people since they were just packing everything up :hilarious: and very good cake it was too he says. I had coffee :angelic:

we had something to eat when we got back to the village and then did our shopping so it's been a lovely day and it's still warm outside despite the chucking down rain we've got now.

I'm going to try to convert a baby's baseball cap to fit mum's dog, so that should be an interesting project, she loves to walk but really doesn't like too much sun. If the finished article keeps the sun off her head it should help, whether it will stay on is likely to be another question though ;)

Hope your day is treating you kindly :)

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Great news about wispa and the shade. We are downsizing the land maybe 10 years earlier than I wanted but grandchildren care is also forcing the move. Your previous garden looks lovely - we have an orchard area, a vegetable area, chickens , children'splay areas and about 4 hours a week grass cutting which will go down to 10/15 minutes a week so I understand the effort involved in managing larger gardens. Could easily fit 10 of the new house, with much larger gardens, onto this plot. Is your 4.1 today a little low or just on the border?

I felt a little bit shaky at 4.1 so chewed on a few Glucotabs

I’d love to see some pics of your garden

I don’t miss our old garden one bit

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Much easier to manage although your previous garden looks magnificent. You’ve made a lovely job with the colourful borders.

Thank you @DJC3

I was struggling with the old garden once the house had sold I gave up on it completely although it was still in good shape and was a mature garden I really only cut the lawns

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Ok pet lovers a little advice needed late this afternoon Mrs J and myself saw a woman with her mongrel I think it was called a cockapoo on a lead wearing a thick dog coat. The temperature was at its zenith and the mongrel was panting. What is the protocol for dealing with this.
I am not a pet lover, but clearly the mongrel was in some distress, what would you pet lovers do?

Bildad

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@alf_Josiah was it a dog coat or a cool coat used as the name suggests to keep the dog cool? I have no idea about the correct protocol but if the dog was suffering the owner should be challenged. IMHO.