Type 1'stars R Us

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Morning all, arm and a leg day today, finger says 5.7.
Wait til later!

Reactions: hh1

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning! Grandson day, haven’t seen him for a fortnight as he has been on hols. Apparently he is talking even more than he was before. Excited!
Started two new vials of insulin yesterday and numbers just dropped and became controllable. As I only take 8 basal a day and between 10 and 25 bolus I always feel guilty looking at the waste. However, the Toujeo certainly doesn’t last the 6 weeks it should according to the leaflet. 4 is its max and 3 has the best efficiency. The Fiasp seems to degenerate after a fortnight. I am very careful on storage, particularly in warmer weather. Wish you could get much smaller vials.
@Mel dCP Hope the toe doesn’t give you trouble today. And there are no boring interludes.
@therower love the Yeti gutted they have changed the design.
@Knikki love the atmosphere of loud music too. But at home we just put it on surround sound and crank it up. Since we moved into our detached house (following years of semi neighbour h...!) we have wifi speakers in the two main rooms, so you can hear it everywhere in sinc. Best thing ever and no grotty toilets.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning! Grandson day, haven’t seen him for a fortnight as he has been on hols. Apparently he is talking even more than he was before. Excited!
Started two new vials of insulin yesterday and numbers just dropped and became controllable. As I only take 8 basal a day and between 10 and 25 bolus I always feel guilty looking at the waste. However, the Toujeo certainly doesn’t last the 6 weeks it should according to the leaflet. 4 is its max and 3 has the best efficiency. The Fiasp seems to degenerate after a fortnight. I am very careful on storage, particularly in warmer weather. Wish you could get much smaller vials.
@Mel dCP Hope the toe doesn’t give you trouble today. And there are no boring interludes.
@Knikki love the atmosphere of loud music too. But at home we just put it on surround sound and crank it up. Since we moved into our detached house (following years of semi neighbour h...!) we have wifi speakers in the two main rooms, so you can hear it everywhere in sinc. Best thing ever and no grotty toilets.
I agree about the fiasp

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Good morning colanders, I am 10.9 this morning after a low last night. On a brighter note sun is shining very brightly outside and looking forward to a spot of lunch in the garden, a cuppa and the new book I have started, Bloodhounds..........
Have good day everyone :)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Morning chaps. Nothing to report, toe still attached. The nail is hanging on by a thread! RileyLink has arrived so guess what I’ll be doing if I don’t get work today? Just making an artificial pancreas... :D

Hi Mel, sorry to read about your poorly toe, but hope you are okay and toeing the line soon, which means you have nailed it ( sorry about that, lol must be my fuzzy head this morning) ;):)
Have a good day :)

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Thanks @becca59 I didn't know that different types of insulin degenerated at different speeds. Did you just become aware of it?

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
And good morning all.....
Eton mess for supper last night, bit of a guessing game with the carbs (which I got wrong) went low after around an hour, sorted with jelly babies then at around 4am alarms going off for a hig. Was well worth it thou :). All sorted and running a steady 4.8 atm.

@Mel dCP ouchey for the toe...sending ((HUGS))
@Knikki what new camera bits you got arriving???
@becca59 my vials of Fiasp only last me 2 weeks, so I cant really comment on the life of it sorry
@helensaramay I expect nothing less.....and would also have to ask if there was something wrong if there was no rudeness :hilarious: x

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Two lens one a fast aperture one the other a fisheye lens, you know the ones with 180 degrees off vision love those and the distortion it creates.

A few years ago, with my Pentax ME super I had a screw on fisheye lens.....it was awesome. Lie the camera on the floor, set the timer and find somewhere to hide (not too far away else there will be no camera when you return!!!) Got some good photos inside churches like that

Reactions: Knikki

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Break time. Stairs to every single lesson. Beginning to feel my toe a bit now. I was teaching flippin’ DANCE last lesson... :hilarious:

Double Biology next, so I might stand a chance of knowing what I’m doing... possibly. And then performing arts after lunch. Send help!

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Morning All :) still getting hang of this app lol. Well DN rang back from hospital. Putting me on waiting list for DAFNE Clinic to reign these readings in.
That's great news! It's really well worth doing, and the same rules apply no matter how many carbs you choose to eat :) The sick day guidelines are super useful too.

Reactions: Simmo76

Simmo76

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
That's great news! It's really well worth doing, and the same rules apply no matter how many carbs you choose to eat :) The sick day guidelines are super useful too.
I explained what I had done lol very accommodating not scared to ring in now ;) I am positive 100% more since our chat Sunday :)

Reactions: Japes

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
A more official welcome to the forum from me @Simmo76 I've just responded to your other post :) Lots of good support here so hopefully we can help you get you where you need to be, including keeping the t1 in a small back pocket and not getting in the way of life :)

Reactions: Simmo76

Simmo76

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
A more official welcome to the forum from me @Simmo76 I've just responded to your other post :) Lots of good support here so hopefully we can help you get you where you need to be, including keeping the t1 in a small back pocket and not getting in the way of life :)
Awww fab thanks so much !

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@SueJB have been suspecting for a while. But started to notice and log the patterns of rising levels to time insulin opened. It’s not what the manufacturers info says, but hey they are not using it.

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Currently at a conference hence the late on parade. BGs have been fine - cat is still in the vets and now has a feeding tube, hopefully we can pick him up and take him home later and get a training session on how to feed him - he's still not eating on his own though - he has to start eating soon, they can only have the feeding tube in for so long - come on fella you can do it!

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Our neighbour issues took place over a number of years. The first 15 we lived next door to lovely quiet elderly couple who eventually died. House sold cheaply to the landlord from h....! First couple of rentals good. Nice people from Korea then Nigeria and for a year my own brother, wife and children. Next Five young Poles who were here to work. Everything fine until a couple of the girls moved out and the lads decided to sub let. To nine others.
To cut an 18 month story of a nightmare short, they were eventually evicted after another all night drunken party, which concluded with them putting someone through a patio window. They were sleeping all over an average semi on mattresses. It made my husband and I ill. He had a breakdown and I got diabetes. Some more ok tenants came in and the house sunk into more and more disrepair. Then came the very quiet young Vietnamese men. Yep so very quiet, because they were placed there to oversee a very large cannabis growing operation! The smell wafting into our house was unbelievable. Our policeman son alerted his associates and one very hot June day they were raided and arrested. (Didn’t get the bigwigs of course) Electricity was so dangerous the electric people wouldn’t touch it. After switching off elsewhere they put a JCB in the front garden, dug a hole then severed it.
I don’t know how, but we managed but we put it on the market and sold in a fortnight. We then bought a detached house in a cheaper suburb. The area we lived in was a desirable much sort after family area. But I would never be attached to anyone again. No matter how tiny a space.