Type 1'stars R Us

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning

Managed to miss ALL of Glastonbury coverage, oh well never mind.

@helensaramay When I saw you had watch a film 'Free Solo' mist admit I thought you were all Star Wars :happy: but after a quick Google saw what it was about and thought "Yep deffo you" :hilarious:

@Mel dCP OUCH on the big toe.

Happy Monday short week for me.

Oh on a side note same amount of insulin same breakfast as yesterday (when I shot up to 15) and today...………...all level in the mid table, strange thing this T1 malarkey :)

Same thing happens to me most days. I eat same brekkie at same time do the same things when i get to work, one day high, the next low the next perfect. Keeps us on our toes

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Afternoon. Glad you made it @Simmo76 !

Day not going as planned, tbh. Occupational health medical was all good, and as long as the blood test shows I don’t have AIDS or hepatitis, that’s all signed off. Pretty sure that’ll be ok ;)

Toenail being pushed upward and off, so I rang my GP surgery to get advice from the DN, they said to ring Minor Injuries, they’re full, so long story short I’m sat in A&E with my crochet (I always have a portable project in the car for just such moments) for a few hours. Bored now. But we can’t take chances with our hooves, can we? Husbeast is at the hospital for a steroid injection in his broken wrist, so will be joining me armed with coffee and whatever low carb veggie food he can find as I haven’t eaten all day. Bloods fine but I’m a bit peckish.

Ouchie, I hope you are okay. I’m with you on about feeling bored. I feel like I’ve spent the afternoon eating like a fattie, lubing my eyes with hayfever eyedrops and sighing everytime my nose and eyes itch. I feel like I need a hazmat suit at this point

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I’ve been taking hayfever medication before the season came and I’m still irritated and itchy. I’ve heard GPs won’t help hayfever cases unless you were like my brother, who had awful hayfever allergy - his eyes was swollen and he couldn’t breathe so ended up with an inhaler. But I thought OTC hayfever medication was suppose to relieve us to some extent. I guess I’m wrong.

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Simmo76 . Welcome to the forum and this particular part of it.
Most things get discussed here, type 1 diabetes being one of the topics occasionally.
@slip . Hope the cat finds its appetite.
@Knikki . Have to agree with the live music on tv. Unless I’ve got headphones on full blast I struggle to watch/ listen.
@Mel dCP Hope you’ve got the toenail sorted. Get them results back and let’s get you qualified.
@helensaramay . Not done Lord of the Rings but have done the other two. Must be a bloke thing.
@porl69 . We’ll have to start calling you punnet porl.:)
No CGM on at the moment and I have no idea how but I haven’t gone below 4 or above 11 on the meter since Sunday morning.
Sun has made an appearance here in the East Midlands after a rather overcast day.
The garden and coffee is calling.

Reactions: Knikki and porl69

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Art’noon all and welcome@Simmo76!
Spent the day first aesthetically wrecking a fired mud pie then trying to wash the wreckage off and cover up the remnants. Not proud, but it was more than great to see the box of frogs that make mud pies on a Monday - just as daft and interesting as you lot!
Bloods not bad today which is a relief after yesterday’s graph of happy hummocks.
Hope cat recovers @slip.
Ouch in sympathy for toes and hope now dealt with @Mel dCP.
Are you now a strawberry blonde @porl69? Take care which frocks you wear and which of @knikki’s blouses you borrow, it’s a tricky colour to dress for.
Off to see if I can scare the snake away from the pond.

Reactions: therower and porl69

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Mel dCP - Did you usually see a podiatrist about your toenail, when it happened before?

When I did something sounding similar to yours, my toenal semi-liberated itself. Yes, semi. The nail liberated itself on the outer half of the toenail, but the inner stayed fast.

As I have good feeling in my feet and am very flexible, the podiatrist did the major work, and in the process showed me how to tackle it with some nippers, just like hers, which I then bought, so that I could deal with anything unexpected, whilst away.

Of course, I had strict instructions is things were going awry to hightail it to help.

This is my (quite dirty - Ooops) toe after several weeks, when the nail was growing back. (Yes, I had spent some time sailing in the sun.)

I hope you're all sorted now. That flapping around phase is scary, almost waiting for the catastrophe!

Attachments

• IMG_1115.JPG
    IMG_1115.JPG
    52.4 KB · Views: 230

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Afternoon, nearly evening.
22 year old car passed its MOT yey but they didn't have time to do the service so I'm waiting the arm and leg bill tomorrow

Reactions: Fairygodmother

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
My toes are curling up in sympathetic angst for poorly toes!

Welcome to the forum and this thread, @Simmo76

I've gone back to work for a rest after a hectic weekend. But, I am here to announce the exceptionally exciting news; that for yesterday at least, I got the split bolus spot on! One humungous pizza, the first in 4 years, was consumed, I was on a good number by bedtime, and a perfect waking number. I will confess it felt very scary taking that amount of insulin over the two doses, but it worked. Not sure who was more excited by this, me or the friend I'd gone out with.

Reactions: Fairygodmother

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@SueJB . I had my not so old Yeti major service and cam belt change last Friday. It was a big hit but hey ho it’s a Skoda and I really wouldn’t want any other car.
Favorit, Octavia, Fabia, 2 Roomsters and the Yeti. Just can’t help myself :)

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
She did and to be honest she was getting a tad boring:)
There needs to be a middle finger emoji, you cheeky article!

Am home now. They were very thorough, was only waiting three hours. Had an X-ray, not broken - but they burned a hole in it (lovely smell, burning nail!) to drain what lies beneath. Nurse practitioner reckons there’s an infection, but I don’t as my bloods are running fine. Drainage was clear, think it’s just a blister that’s pushed the nail upwards. I’ve got antibiotic horse pills just to make sure and it’s been dressed. Under strict instructions to keep it dry, but when I got home enough fluid had leaked through to soak the dressing, so do I change it? No idea. The nail is a goner though, which is amusing as it had only just grown back after it got bruised when I was doing my CFR training. Hey ho :rolleyes:

Reactions: hh1 and porl69

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Am home now. They were very thorough, was only waiting three hours. Had an X-ray, not broken - but they burned a hole in it (lovely smell, burning nail!) to drain what lies beneath. Nurse practitioner reckons there’s an infection, but I don’t as my bloods are running fine. Drainage was clear, think it’s just a blister that’s pushed the nail upwards. I’ve got antibiotic horse pills just to make sure and it’s been dressed. Under strict instructions to keep it dry, but when I got home enough fluid had leaked through to soak the dressing, so do I change it? No idea. The nail is a goner though, which is amusing as it had only just grown back after it got bruised when I was doing my CFR training. Hey ho :rolleyes:

Sounds appealing tbh Anything to do with feet makes my skin crawl. Have you had anything to eat yet? I’m sure you are looking forward to food. :)

Reactions: Robinredbreast

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I’m making another roasted, well oven baked crispy chick peas again. I think the cans of chick peas aren’t big enough or my fat bottom thinks there isn’t enough chick peas once I drained the can.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Sounds appealing tbh Anything to do with feet makes my skin crawl. Have you had anything to eat yet? I’m sure you are looking forward to food. :)
Husbeast could only find an egg mayo sandwich. So I ate the middle and he had the bread.

Just had to redress my toe - that said to keep it dry but it drained a lot into the dressing which was soaked. Contacted a nurse friend for advice and have done a very neat job of which I am very proud.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Husbeast could only find an egg mayo sandwich. So I ate the middle and he had the bread.

Just had to redress my toe - that said to keep it dry but it drained a lot into the dressing which was soaked. Contacted a nurse friend for advice and have done a very neat job of which I am very proud.

That sounds like my bf and myself but he saves me the pizza crusts. I hope your toe gets better. I guess it’s a bit awkward to walk and wear your shoe.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
@SueJB . I had my not so old Yeti major service and cam belt change last Friday. It was a big hit but hey ho it’s a Skoda and I really wouldn’t want any other car.
Favorit, Octavia, Fabia, 2 Roomsters and the Yeti. Just can’t help myself :)
My Skoda is brilliant, trustworthy, solid and totally dirty inside and out. It's never been washed or cleaned in all its time on the road. I am slightly superstitious, no change that very superstitious. The only time I washed the previous car, my lovely red Renault 5, some little ******* smashed in the side window. On reporting it, the policeman who came round to the flat and kissed my hand, seriously so old fashioned Polish. Then told me they couldn't do anything.
So Skoda a dirty little so and so but has proven to be a great friend and workhorse. If tomorrow brings ana arm a leg bill for its upkeep, so be it

Reactions: porl69 and therower

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
I’m making another roasted, well oven baked crispy chick peas again. I think the cans of chick peas aren’t big enough or my fat bottom thinks there isn’t enough chick peas once I drained the can.
Your chickpeas are a complete hit here so big thanks for that. I need to get to Aldi to buy some more cans. I'm going to experiment with the flavouring and reduce the oil

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Ouch - sounds painful xx