Type 1'stars R Us

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I think that's sad. Says more about him than you Antje and if we ever meet by accident in the wild I promise I'll be as excited as you!

A much sunnier Cheshire beckons today, not sure what we're doing yet but went to Port Sunlight yesterday, fascinating and beautiful to look at. Have a good day all even if you're not lucky enough to be on holiday ;)

My daughter said she saw someone out walking with a sensor on their arm, just like mine :)

It would of been nice if the person had acknowledged you @Antje77, I know I would of done, with a thumbs up too :)

Reactions: Antje77

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@slip how old is your cat??

He's 10, vet called last night to say he's brighter today even though they've reduced his pain relief - he's heading in the right direction but still not eating for him self. It's a long road ahead.

I was very good at the conference yesterday, declined a lot of the sweet offerings and BGs were really good and a good 5.6 this morning. @Mel dCP have an extra hug from me - well several, for all your woes yesterday.

Reactions: porl69

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Ha Mel - I missed the connection with that one! I think the best is #1 - just why do they do that?!

quick edit before anyone else replies - the answer is, because they can!

Simmo76

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning All ! What a beautiful day ! Im riding the 14 mmola again this morning and both hips and back have seized...need a squirt of WD40 lol

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Good morning.....What a lovely day!
Got my uncles funeral this afternoon so a 1/2 day in work....:)
Not much to report on the bloods front, going to have a look around the forum and see whats apertaining!

Simmo76

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning.....What a lovely day!
Got my uncles funeral this afternoon so a 1/2 day in work....:)
Not much to report on the bloods front, going to have a look around the forum and see whats apertaining!
Oh no :( sorry to hear that.

Delticmatt100

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
A test to see what blood reading be like after my healthy breakfast this morning lol

Sausages were grilled.

Eggs and bacon was in fry light spray

Just had a slow walk so might help
IMG-20190703-WA0000.jpeg

Reactions: Knikki and Simmo76

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Afternoon friends, I woke up on a hypo 3.1, I dunked my sleepy head in oreos and coke and we're back at 6.1. Does anyone else wake up on a bad mood? I slept awful, :(
My parents received that uni letter which I told my uni to not send it to my parent's address but to where I am now, and what do they do? they've sent to my parent's address and my mum opens my letters. I get a phone call from dad and when I get a phone call from dad that means it's not good news. I'm frustrated because I specifically told uni to not send that letter to that address and to send it here. I never had a good relationship with my parents, especially my dad and now that letter gives him leverage to verbally abuse me.

But anyway, I hope everyone has a splendid day :)

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
What app are u using?
Loop :) - it’s a very unofficial, DIY, non-approved method of connecting my Libre sensor and my Omnipod pump using a Bluetooth transmitter called a MiaoMiao, an electronic bridge called a RileyLink and a self-built app (Loop) to basically create an artificial pancreas. There’s a big underground community of type ones who aren’t waiting for the big corporations to get this tech to market and we’re building our rigs ourselves. What it’s doing is using its own algorithms to predict where it thinks my blood glucose will be in an hour based on the data from my Libre sensor, and then adjusting the basal rate of my pump to get it to where I’ve told it I want to be: 4.8-5.5mmol.

Delticmatt100

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
OK. Sounds complicated.
Loop :) - it’s a very unofficial, DIY, non-approved method of connecting my Libre sensor and my Omnipod pump using a Bluetooth transmitter called a MiaoMiao, an electronic bridge called a RileyLink and a self-built app (Loop) to basically create an artificial pancreas. There’s a big underground community of type ones who aren’t waiting for the big corporations to get this tech to market and we’re building our rigs ourselves. What it’s doing is using its own algorithms to predict where it thinks my blood glucose will be in an hour based on the data from my Libre sensor, and then adjusting the basal rate of my pump to get it to where I’ve told it I want to be: 4.8-5.5mmol.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Wow, so uni would ask me for my current address to send my new uni ID card but they've sent their letter to my parent's address. Now where are those snacks? Oh the pineapple and apple flavoured refreshers are soooooooooooooooo good. :hungry:

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
OK. Sounds complicated.
I won’t lie - it is. Probably seems like witchcraft when you’re just starting out in your T1 journey (and did to me when I first started reading up on it), but being a bit of a geek/scientist/medic it’s right up my alley!

A couple of hours in and it seems to be doing it’s thing very well - I wasn’t going to put it into full auto mode until the school holidays, just wait and watch to see what adjustments it recommends. But as I’m home today, thought I’d see what happens. Dropped to 4.2 because I had some IOB it didn’t know about from before I activated it, but we’re back to 4.6 now, and it’s setting it's own basal rates.