1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Type 1'stars R Us

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by Robinredbreast, Jun 10, 2018.

1. becca59

becca59 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Home from brill hols. Poor sugars, but hey it’s a week off. Back on it today.
    Just catching up on news @Mel dCP wow! Total admiration would have to be sedated to get me on that.
    Also catching up on Partha Kars Twitter where Libre CCG results are out for April. Since new regulations came in. Top 10, IMG_1560665996.202477.jpg bottom 10 etc. Basically not good if living in the North East North west pretty good. IMG_1560665904.221886.jpg
    Pictures wrong way order, but you get the idea.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. karen8967

karen8967 Type 1 · Expert

Good morning enjoy whats left of the weekend everyone

• Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Knikki

Knikki Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Morning.

@Mel dCP well done on the zip wire thing.

@becca59 interesting figures not surprised the Cheshire East is top mainly because the main guy, forget his name, believes in Libres and will happily give them out, I believe he has been pulled up for it but ignores them and backs it up with the evidence of how well they are helping.

However go 1 Mile down the road to another trust, and you have to jump through loads of hoops to get one.

Funny old world.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. WuTwo

WuTwo Type 1 · Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  5. MeiChanski

MeiChanski Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Thats interesting. So if im correct, the top 10 are the good CCGs for prescribing libre sensors to patients?

6. Robinredbreast

Robinredbreast Type 1 · Oracle

Thanks for posting the chart's, I am at number 18.

• Hug Hug x 1
  7. MeiChanski

@becca59 I had a look at his Twitter and I saw the London one and I'm not surprised at Bexley and Greenwich CCG. When I was doing DAFNE in Nov 2018, they still haven't sorted it out. Also the hospital I was at had the A&E closed, downsized the hospital in half and demolished the diabetes centre building to move it into the main hospital. So they are struggling even with the end of postcode lottery, they had to be very selective on who gets libres and who doesn't

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. WuTwo

My authority is lost somewhere in the gaps. Not surprised. My consultant is brilliant, and the local surgery is OK with carb control/counting (the dsn has a T1 husband) but I do think they're all extremely cost minded.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Robinredbreast

Good morning and wishing all the lovely dad's a Happy Father's day, also, in my thoughts are the dad's that are no longer here to see, but are always in our hearts <3
    I am off to the hospital this morning, Surgery got me an appointment there, because I would have to wait nearly a month to see a GP at my surgery and feeling much better today too.
    Take care:)

• Hug Hug x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Robinredbreast

Unfortunately, like most things, it is down to cost :(

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. WuTwo

Oh I don't blame them - diabetics are not the only people needing help. There are so many who are so unwell with different things that I totally understand that when the pie gets smaller, everyone gets a smaller slice. It's the way things have to be until the NHS becomes more of a priority for the government.

(Most of whom - I'll bet - have private healthcare and have their problems treated the moment they arise...... and then try and tell us that they understand why we're upset. Oh yeah.....)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Robinredbreast

[​IMG] Guys :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. WuTwo

Yeah my lovely dad died when my son was 4 - he's 28 now! I still miss Dad and talk to him in my head. His advice and teaching has stood me in good stead all of my life.

Hope things go well at the hospital :happy:

14. Diakat

Diakat Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

• Like Like x 3
  15. MeiChanski

Although my CCG isn't in the top 10 and Partha Kar hasn't shown all the CCGs. But my consultant despite his poker face gave me the go ahead on the libre senors, which I didn't expect him too. GP surgery doesn't seem too bad here for prescriptions and mental health access isn't too bad either. So it's only a small picture eh? I guess all CCGs prioritise their spending because it is not just us that needs help and attention. But I can see many diabetics fighting tooth and nail for the sensors - which has been the case on this forum, along with pumps. As my dsn said there are diabetics who want it and there are diabetics who are struggling and need it.

16. Robinredbreast

My son has a quite a few medical conditions, last year he was having some kind of seizure's, he eventually got blood tests done (when he saw a different GP) and then the GP referred him to the hospital, this was in February. He has an appointment in July !!
    My pain management appointment on 28th May, was cancelled 10 minutes before I got to the hospital, I now have a new appointment............... on 27th August, so I will be waiting over 6 months, it's so frustrating and annoying too.

• Hug Hug x 2
  17. Robinredbreast

Ohhhhhh matron...................:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. karen8967

karen8967 Type 1 · Expert

To all the dads today FB_IMG_1560668970921.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. WuTwo

Yep. I feel a sort of dumb fury/frustration when I think about what it has become, compared to what it was.

And I know it's treating a huge number of extra conditions etc but there are more of us paying in ....

One thing I did always wonder is whether they could ask a little - and I mean little - contribution for the meals of in-patients. Everyone who is an in-patient would be buying food if they they were at home, and isn't buying their food while they're in hospital, so maybe a little charge just for the food would mean that all the available money in the NHS could go for treatment?

20. Robinredbreast

Well done @Mel dCP, good on you, I have so much admiration, you're amazing :)
    It looks so scary to me, I do not like heights at all ( my daughter had to hold my hand whilst I walked across the glass floor at Spinnaker Tower, honestly it was so scary) :nailbiting:
    Maybe put that on my bucket list ? o_O

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook