1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Type 1'stars R Us

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by Robinredbreast, Jun 10, 2018.

1. SueJB

SueJB Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Another lovely sunny morning all and some heat and light wind later.

I've got to go to the vet's this morning something to do with the X ray I had done........... wondering what they've found. I fell on slippy wet cobbles in Viseu in early April and my left arm hasn't been working properly since. It can't be broken because I can still move it but it does hurt.

More tip and nettle fighting in that order and I've got to rescue the blackcurrants from bindweed.
    Madam was good all yesterday, 4s and 5s, snuck up to 6.2 after supper
    Happy Thursday 5.7

• Hug Hug x 3
  2. Robinredbreast

Robinredbreast Type 1 · Oracle

Morning, sorry to read about your arm, but you have to go the vets this morning about an x ray you had done on you ? ? Or am I reading it wrong, so early in the morning :oops:

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Robinredbreast

Good morning guys, awoke on 7.7 and it's rising. The sun is blinding here, incredibly bright, gonna be a hot one today,
    so take care out and about in the sun.

• Like Like x 3
  4. SueJB

lol, a family thing, my brother always called the doctor the quack or vet. I think quack is rude but the vet has stuck so you read correctly.
    School run for you today or are they still on holiday?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Robinredbreast

Thanks for clearing that up lol.
    Off on the school run very soon, so better get a move on.

• Like Like x 3
  6. WuTwo

WuTwo Type 1 · Well-Known Member

My family always calls the doc "the quack". We mean no disrespect but after this many years it's hard not to.

Took a couple of "me" days - silence as far as possible. Well worth it in terms of mental calmness.

Got my eye drop prescription filled - sodium cromlogicate - brilliant for itchy hayfever eyes and OK for me. Combined with the Optrex itchy eye spray and the Beconase they keep it roughly under control.

Boss is on holiday; hoping for a relatively calm day but I think I jinxed it by thinking about it!

Pile on the sun cream folks - or be like me, hide indoors and stay pale and not too interesting. (I burn, very badly and very quickly).

• Like Like x 1
  7. karen8967

karen8967 Type 1 · Expert

Good morning everyone have a good day need to drop basal by another half unit as levels dropping hypo quite regular i have been checking this with fingerprick as dont quite trust my libre oh the joys

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Hug Hug x 1
  8. becca59

becca59 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

In Bloom judging this afternoon. Have done hours of voluntary gardening this week. Am jiggered and looking forwards to a glass of wine tonight. I cut my finger over arthritic jutting out knuckle yesterday. Had a freak accident whilst chopping coriander. The knife jumped out of my hand and back down onto forefinger. Ouch! Cue lots of blood and blaspheming! Sugars then climbed throughout the night and awoke on a 12. Put in 3 units and 11/2 hours later had only just started to go down. This has been at odds with the past couple of months and have newly opened insulin, so wondering if the finger may have something to do with it. Who knows!
    Enjoy what is supposed to be a lovely day again everyone. Two days in a row here. As my grandson keeps saying amazing! Sounds funny coming from the mouth of a 2 year old. Even the tiny ant he spotted was .....‘amazing!’

• Like Like x 3
    • Hug Hug x 2
  9. WuTwo

Well, here at the office and not feeling remotely "worky". Taking bets with myself that the other two will be late because they know the boss is here and his phone has forgotten the passwords for the various email accounts so he can't email in and ask me if they're in. I know this because I got an urgent text from the airport asking me to Whatsapp them to him. I would, happily, if I had Whatsapp. Not prepared to install it just to do that, so am waiting for one of the others to come in - I know they've got it. They just haven't got the passwords haha!

Can imagine boss frothing angrily on some Greek Island! :joyful::joyful:

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. WuTwo

@Knikki - going anywhere specific or just day-tripping?

11. SueJB

fingers crossed for MOT, I'll have to check my driving licence now. I'm off to Toulouse on Wed.

12. SueJB

Love Anglesey, do you know they have grey squirrel watch on the Menai Bridge

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Fairygodmother

Fairygodmother Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Mornin all. Have a great day.
    Bit of time away while sorting out a pile of finance stuff. Walked lots into and around the town to do it all and Hamish has behaved very well, he’s often better than the other, also deemed congenitally deformed, knee. Can’t face having that one done yet, too much to do so if it’s working most of the time I ain’t fixing it yet.
    Bloods either lovely smooth low level of the blue line or arguing with me about heather it’s ok to reduce another 0.5 on the basal. Found myself placing a protective hand over the sensor whenever a party of backpacked kids or tourists were close. Maybe Abbot could install a warning if the sensor gets to close to a threat: ‘stand clear, electronic device’? Any suggestions?
    @Mel dCP, wow, wow and more wow! You’re spearheading the future.
    Hope your finger’s not infected @becca59, and good luck at the vet’s @SueJB. Reckon a vet would read an x-ray as well as a doc, but how much would they charge
    Lovely photos @Robinredbreast, and today looks to be warm enough to have to restrain the wish to jump into the water with the ducks and moorhens.
    Good luck with the MOT and the renewal stuff @Knikki. Those forms seems to have an ability to create highs and hypos just working out whether you need to fill in 3a, 4c, or jump to 5*****.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  14. porl69

porl69 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Good morning all
    Ear syringing today....woohoo will be able to hear again :) Then I have the diabetic team this afternoon.
    Another HBA1C

@Knikki Angelsey is beautiful.......well to be honest ALL of Wales is....Cymru am byth
    The dreaded MOT test. People hate them for some reason.......

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  15. WuTwo

Good grief - we're all so busy! I plan to spend the whole day (when I get out of this place) doing not too much at all. Got to do something towards the evening meal but other than that there's Wimbledon, a comfy new sofa and two cuddly dogs. What more could a woman want?

• Like Like x 2
  16. LooperCat

LooperCat Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Morning chaps, dead car means no work for me today, can’t say I’m particularly gutted, tbh. Quite happy to stay home and fiddle with my Loop! Bit of an odd night, there’s going to be some tweaking necessary, I think. I just had a tuna steak and some prawns for dinner, less than a gram of carb all in. So I didn’t tell Loop about it, wanting to see how it’d react. All of a sudden, about two hours after eating, my BG just surged from the sixes to over 10 in the space of a few minutes, confirmed with blood. Weird. Had to take a fairly big correction dose and it spent the night coming down, I woke in the high threes, which is fairly normal for me. The foot on the floor surge deals with that as soon as I get downstairs on work days. Currently at 5.8, and have spotted the telltale rise I get sometimes when I get up, so have told Loop I’m having enough carbs for it to give me my normal correction dose. It’s like learning pumping all over again...

@Knikki - we were on Anglesey the other weekend, had a lovely little cottage on a farm just outside Llangefni. Seriously considering moving up there after I qualify.

Hope all goes well today @porl69 - and have a good day everyone :)

• Like Like x 4
  17. slip

slip Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Has anyone warned Anglesey?..............

Helen, at my work we abbreviate it to 'WFH' which when glancing through calendars sometimes makes you stop and think :wtf: ! I think those that normally work from home do actually work, but those that work from home on the odd occasion do the quoted version of "work".

The cat is home! With a shed load of pills, fortunately we can crush them up and syringe them down the feeding tube along with his meals.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. slip

slip Type 1 · Well-Known Member

@SueJB I'll advise against going to the Vets - ££££££!!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. WuTwo

@Mel dCP - do you usually bolus for protein? It sounds as if that might have been needed for a meal where there was so very little carb?

• Like Like x 1
  20. SueJB

sorry @slip that was unthinking of me

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook