Type 1'stars R Us

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
@porl69 , well done that man. All the effort is paying off. Guessing the pump is also helping your figures
Yeah, I love the pump. 47 last time and was super happy. DSN said she would be happy with me around 48. Should get my hypo awareness back then fingers crossed

Reactions: Juicyj and smc4761

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Those DSNs know how to spoil a good show! Have you been having many hypos?

Reactions: porl69

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Those DSNs know how to spoil a good show! Have you been having many hypos?
Not too many really BUT the ones I have I dont feel very often. Both the DSN and I are a bit concerned about that. It's been happening for a long time now. I am happy to run a bit higher for a while, if it goes a bit per shaped I will alter it

Reactions: Fairygodmother

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
On the subject of nobody liking a show off, I’ve had two bits of excellent news today - not just from uni Occupational Health declaring me “fit to practice” but DVLA have approved my class two provisional licence, so I’ll be able to drive small busses, 7.5 tonne trucks and most importantly, AMBULANCES. So that's the last hurdles jumped and my paramedic training officially starts on September 9th :cat:

Reactions: Fairygodmother

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I do, but it’s a very long, slow rise and I wanted to see if the algorithm would deal with it. Thing is, it surged by 3mmol in ten minutes - which isn’t usual for me, or for the kind of protein I eat. . Possibly just one of those T1 things!

Proving as a Type 1 it is far more complicated to keep in range than doing a carb insulin ratio.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Sue don't worry about it! As my wife reminded me last night - "it's only money"

As for secateurs, single cut is you squeeze the handles and the blinds come together, release them and the blades release, ratchets you can release the handles and have another go at squeezing and getting through the branch and the blades stay in where they had got to. You're always saying you're tackling the nettles, if you're needing to use ratchet pruners on those then wow! :hilarious:

Edit to also add - expect the steroid injection to affect your BGs for a while.
Thanks @slip. It's a bug garden and i'm a little person and the bindweed and nettles are frighteningly fast. Either side of me are neighbours who don't care about the gardens so I'm battling theirs as well as mine.
About 10 years ago I planted a native hedge and coz family thing were strange last year, death for one, the garden got out of control. I'm out every day another 8 bags to the tip. Can't compost it because of the bindweed and other bad stuff.
One day, I keep saying to myself, I will have a bit more control. Don't do straight lines and do like self seeders.
Mr B bought me a hose pipe today so I didn't have to lift watering cans out of the sink, no outside tap. I don't water the garden, only the pots

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
In Bloom judging went well I think. 3 weeks off gardening except watering. Very welcome!
So this mornings sugar levels have continued to be a problem. Have already had 10 more units than I would normally have for what I have eaten. Am at last in range! Do not feel like I am sickening for anything, so it must be the fluorescent tabard I have been wearing most of the day.

Reactions: SueJB

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I dunno about those three things, but I'm glad you're not too worried about your HbA1C. It's nice when you can feel that it's going to be OK :)
I think the only thing that can go wrong is a stern talk about hypo's (which I don't have a lot, but they might think so based on hba1c and my stupid Libres mostly reading 1 - 1.6 mmol lower than a fingerprick) :)

Last edited:

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
I'm putting off walking the dogs until the temperature is below 20 degrees C. Unfortunately they don't seem to understand why even though I tried to explain it to them. But then again, it's just a dehydration issue that causes blood sugars to rise in the heat, isn't it?

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
On the subject of nobody liking a show off, I’ve had two bits of excellent news today - not just from uni Occupational Health declaring me “fit to practice” but DVLA have approved my class two provisional licence, so I’ll be able to drive small busses, 7.5 tonne trucks and most importantly, AMBULANCES. So that's the last hurdles jumped and my paramedic training officially starts on September 9th :cat:

Huge well done @Mel dCP

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Thanks @slip. It's a bug garden and i'm a little person and the bindweed and nettles are frighteningly fast. Either side of me are neighbours who don't care about the gardens so I'm battling theirs as well as mine.
About 10 years ago I planted a native hedge and coz family thing were strange last year, death for one, the garden got out of control. I'm out every day another 8 bags to the tip. Can't compost it because of the bindweed and other bad stuff.
One day, I keep saying to myself, I will have a bit more control. Don't do straight lines and do like self seeders.
Mr B bought me a hose pipe today so I didn't have to lift watering cans out of the sink, no outside tap. I don't water the garden, only the pots

It sounds like our garden after knackety knee and op meant I was unable to do the usual clearings and wage war on the bindweed. Himindoors is good at mowing, but not the edges, can sculpt trees and bushes into very ragged shapes and is ok with hedges but only every now and again. I’ve ended up ripping off the trailing bindweed, cutting back the brambles and enjoying all the flowers and the birds that appear on and in the foliage. Growing to like it!
It’s a good year for most fruit and there are so many hazelnuts the squirrels will be obese and falling out of the tree

Reactions: Knikki

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
@Knikki The dogs were mightly pleased with your suggestion. I needed some Hotel 90% dark Chocolate and half a Dexter table to make it around the loop. I still had a Fiasp correction onboard.

Last edited:
Reactions: porl69

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all, last night of holiday today and for those of you who recommended Chester, you were right! Had a day in the city today, saw lots of stuff, walking, from a bus and boat, and thought it was great, would be easy to sepnd another whole day there.

Congrats to all you super A1cer,s test passers, successful gardeners, dog walkers, poorly cat feeders, WFHers, about to go on holidayers and anyone else I can't remember. Carp memory can be forgiven 'cos I've got holiday brain ;)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Goodnight all, I had a nice evening and cooked a meal for two, then I was taken out to a car park ( I get taken to all the best places lol) to get behind the wheel and drive a car for the very first time. I think I did pretty well, 3 laps around the car park only stalled it twice, so a good end to great evening, but i think I need a booster seat it was big car.
Sleep well with slumbering happy BG's.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
It sounds like our garden after knackety knee and op meant I was unable to do the usual clearings and wage war on the bindweed. Himindoors is good at mowing, but not the edges, can sculpt trees and bushes into very ragged shapes and is ok with hedges but only every now and again. I’ve ended up ripping off the trailing bindweed, cutting back the brambles and enjoying all the flowers and the birds that appear on and in the foliage. Growing to like it!
It’s a good year for most fruit and there are so many hazelnuts the squirrels will be obese and falling out of the tree
Mmm, Mr B says he doesn't do any gardening because he doesn't know a flower from a weed. I'm sure it's an excuse. I hate bindweed when it grows into perennials, over the side hedge I'm not that bothered

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Magic!!! Great achievement

Reactions: Robinredbreast