Type 1'stars R Us

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Good morning, TGIF hope you all have a great day, sun is shining and I'm off to do the school run through the beautiful countryside :joyful: when I get back I have some food shopping to do.
Happy Friday :)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Well done Mel that's brilliant news, so chuffed for you and definitely a Top Banana award :)

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Morning all :)

Not much happened, and I didn't do much - it was wonderful!

Pouring sodium crom. into my eyeballs in the vain hope that it will stop them itching so much. Bless the doc who put it on (almost) open prescription - I can call for a fresh bottle as often as required in the hayfever season. I buy my own beconase but you can always get a multi-buy deal on Amazon so that works.

Other than that - today I buy a new pouffe to stop me sticking my feet up on the corner of the coffee table (does my heels no good whatsoever). Also, we always put a top sheet over our bedding cos it can go in the wash every morning and back on the bed every night. That way the dogs can come up too. But the sheets we have are boring and he wants a bright, jazzy sheet; I want a pretty one. Somewhere in there we can reach a compromise but it does mean going to a shop.......:***:

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Morning chaps. Overslept, so had 20 mins to get out of the door - so a big adrenaline spike! Lied to Loop and entered some fake carbs, and it's coming down nicely. Had to borrow a car to get to work, put petrol in and managed to pour it all over myself, so i smell delightful! I'm assuming the day can only improve...

Have a good one x

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Mmm, Mr B says he doesn't do any gardening because he doesn't know a flower from a weed. I'm sure it's an excuse. I hate bindweed when it grows into perennials, over the side hedge I'm not that bothered
The definition of a weed is any plant growing in the wrong place - just so happens the nettles and bindweed growing in my garden popped up exactly where I wanted them :p , the dandelions are a food crop for the Guinea pig and the doc leaves are handy for when the nettles do need taming!

BG in the 4's this morning and getting the cat feeding down to a fine art, although I'd hoped he would have picked up a bit more - he's still not eating and we try to tempt him with everything we can think of before the syringes come out - but he is alive, taking an interest in things and is comfortable.

Have a great Friday everyone.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Just wonderful. I activated a new Libre yesterday (pre-soaked for 20 hours) and woke up to it trying to convince me I've been hypo all night and 3.5 on waking. Finger stick told me 5.6 (which is wonderful in itself). According to the stupid thing I've been in range only 38% of the time in the last 24 hours and hypo the rest of the time. I may have dipped to 3.7 at some point for a few minutes but definitely not longer or lower, which probably means I've bean in range for 99% of the time, should be making me very happy :)
But it doesn't, really, as I have my yearly date with the internist in 6 days and I'm afraid I'll be explaining away the Libre hypo's for most of the short 10 minutes I get.
I could opt to not show her the Libre data, as I'm self funded so she'll only get to see it if I show her my phone. But then I'll have to convince her that I'm not having hypo's all the time without the proof from Libre, as I expect she isn't used to seeing hba1c's like mine (not sure what it is yet, but I expect it to be 38 at the highest, as that's what it was a year ago, and if anything my control has gotten tighter).

Anyway, this useless anxiety is the reason I've requested to be seen only once a year. Everything is just fine on the diabetes front but this anxiety for weeks before an appointment doesn't do me any good, so once a year is more than enough.
At least I'm lucky that my diabetes doesn't seem to care about stress :)
And probably all will be well anyway as she seemed very nice when I met her. So I need to 'just' stop worrying :banghead:

edit: Oh, the easy solution of course is to make a picture of this post and show it to her. That way I'll have it explained in a minute, including the stupid anxiety, leaving me 9 minutes for other things!

Hello Ilse, nice to see you again :)

Reactions: Leeannea

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Good morning all
Well it seems like I am trying to up my A1C early! Straight line thru the nigh BUT it was straight on 13!!! Didn't hear the alarm until 6am.....back down to 4.7 now, which according to my DSN is too low.....lol I will never win.

@helensaramay thanks for the heads up................FRIDAY WOOHOO :)

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hba1c is in, I'm very happy and never mind the internist :) :)
(after this post I'll stop bragging and act normal again, promise!)
66049836_10217946298363410_8654055984123084800_n.jpg

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well Done @Antje77 - however your computer screen needs a clean! (or is it the camera lens that needs it!?!?!)

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I can't even see the dirt in the picture, as it looks exactly the same as the dirt on my computer screen :hilarious:

Reactions: porl69

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Afternoon friends, it has been a bit hectic for two days over a high bg reading and eating two bananas. I was 11.6 this morning and now 7.5. I’m seeing the doctor about my sensor script and hayfever. I’m very itchy, I could claw at my face

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

@MeiChanski - I go through gallons of beconase, and rather a lot of sodium cromlogicate this time of year. I'd be lost without those two. At work the blessing is that I work in an office facing the sea, so if I open my windows I get the breeze in straight off the sea - not the open countryside, which I get at home.

But I do know where you're coming from - I have those ice masks in the fridge and sometimes they're all that stand between me and insanity!

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/TRIXES-R...W2CDSWX227W&psc=1&refRID=HN468TB5KW2CDSWX227W