What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning all

A 5,6 for this morning

Fantastic concert last night with Seline in top form. We had great tickets as well very close to the stage.

Seeing her live can now be crossed off the bucket list.

Strangely the highlight of the night for me did not come from the lady herself, though she was in great voice but from another of the performer Josh Groban, singing "You raise me up" a song that never fails to move me. It did last night as well, literally, and perhaps slightly ridiculously, to tears as all the stress I have being carrying along finally found a release.

As I feared I would, I was not up to standing up for the whole concert and at some point I had to move to a spot much further and to the site of the stage where I could mercifully sit on the grass. Still enjoyed goings on even if I could no longer see the stage itself and had to follow on the last screen.

The added bonus of the new position is that it was considerably less odourous than my previous one - yesterday was quite a hot day.

Have a great weekend
20190705_203721.jpeg
20190705_213633.jpeg
USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1562357058491.jpeg
20190705_204904.jpeg

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...up early again at 05:30 I have a spot of 'baby sitting' duty this morning...my young neighbour (aged 8 going on 45) while her mum goes on a park run...so we're off to walk 'Plumpy' then on the way back a visit to the local bakers...I love it when in this day & age a youngster still gets excited at the prospect of a freshly baked biscuit from the local shop...the only down side is it takes her an age to chose which one...woke to a 6.8

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone.
A dash up to Durham City yesterday morning; an annual occurrence, nothing untoward.
Then, a quick dash over the North Yorkshire Moors to our caravan. Mrs Miggins has turn rounds on her rentals today, also number two son brought his family up for the weekend. Bonus. He and I are off to Morpeth in Northumberland later today for a family bash tonight - the others don’t fancy it. He will have to drive, I don’t have a car.

The wonder wheel of entry level errors and damoclesian punishments issued forth a “told you so” 7.1 this morning.

All was going so well until Mrs Miggins declared that she had a box of stuff obtained at a Patisserie Valarie that we stopped into yesterday for bacon and eggs. “It’s only a bit of cheese cake blah blah blah blah” - Chimp jumped out of box, slowed down time for everyone round the table, just like a dream that’s going to turn into a nightmare in just a few seconds, such as the slow motion scene in “Reservoir Dogs” operating as contrast point about what is going to happen next – namely, violence, chaos, murder and betrayal, screamed,”Jesus Christ” like Hayley Mills In Whistle Down the Wind and gobbled down the lot.

Have a wonderful day if you can. Hugs for those who need one, high fives for those who desire one and remember that there is no evidence that Marie Antoinette said anything like "Qu'ils mangent de la brioche". It’s enough to turn your hair white.

Bildad

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.3 this morning. I have the pleasure of entertaining 20 kids in a field for 5 hours this afternoon (church again) Yesterday was sunny but not too hot ideal weather for games in a field. Today however it is raining here!
Ah well on the upside I won't have to water the garden

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 5.3 after Indian takeaway is a winner.
Some great posts since yesterday. Congrats to @Debandez and OH on expecting new grandchild. Also well done for helping not only your BIL but so many others as well.
@pavlosn sounds/looked like a fab evening. That Josh Groban version makes me cry too. @dunelm made me laugh it was good you enjoyed the cake and its not like you do it all the time. @HarrisonK after at least 35 years of bbqing my OH still cuts through one of the chicken or the sausages or the burger to check it is cooked through so no need to feel inadequate. Theres lots of info on line and I an sure someone else will be happy to chip in. @Bildad hope the afternoon goes well. @trick60 say hello to sunny Cornwall for me.
I got my HBA1c results and its another 33 which I am going to have to believe now.
If the Codefree reads slightly higher than real then its a good thing for me.
Had a big surprise last night when No 1 son arrived from Dublin to join in my weekend of fun. He only emigrated a week ago so that was really unexpected. We are all dining at the pub tonight so should be another nice evening.
Have a great Saturday everyone. Stay well, stay safe.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@Debandez some wonderful things happening in your family life and great news about the changes you made working well. @HarrisonK hope the results of your googling give you the requisite skills and confidence. @Bildad what a great thing to do for those children so I hope the rain doesn't spoil things. @pavlosn glad the concert went so well and the tears may have acted like a pressure release valve. @dunelm that chimp seems to appear quite regularly but I am developing a real fondness for him or her. My fbg was 4.8 according to the restricted security briefing my meter was allowed to show me. Sources close to me deny everything.
ETA: @trick60 enjoy Cornwall in the sun. @PenguinMum fantatsic result so a perfect start to the birthday weekend.

Last edited:

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Warning this posting is not for the sensitive, vegan or those with no tolerance of the absurd. Please, please read no further.

Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and those struggling with the mysteries of diabetes.

A well behaved 6.4 for me this morning, a miracle I know what I ate last night and the reading should have been in the 8 to 9 region.

Well folks Mrs J has decreed we are having a BBQ tonight, now having depleted the neighborhood of pets I am having to venture further for protein so later this morning I shall be out in the car looking for road kill, unless I can find a vegan, vegans are a complete meal, full of the essential 5 a day and protein.

Have a good day folks. It appears I shall be under Mrs J's thumb.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I had a text from middle daughter this morning saying her stool sample result had come back abnormal. It was a faecal calprotectin test, used to distinguish IBS ( which is what we thought she had, and IBD ( inflammatory bowel disease ie Crohn’s or ulcerative colitis) so I’m quite worried now. I’m glad I told her not to leave the GP surgery until he’d sorted a referral to a gastro team though - he dismissed her symptoms as the result of her ‘fad diets’ !! (She had tried keto and fodmap WOE to try to contr
thank goodness your daughter will have a proper diagnosis now. Such a shame her doctor was so dismissive of her symptoms.

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.9 yesterday and 4.4 today

got up quite early yesterday but was nearly late for the charity shop and missed posting:sorry: I was googling for drivers for some software.
I'm thinking about upgrading the main hard drive in my desktop computer for a larger one and it seems to me that having to reinstall the operating system would be a good point to upgrade that too, that way I can keep the older drive as a backup until everything is up and running. Hopefully it will be fairly straightforward :angelic::p

I don't think mr gee quite realised what he was starting when he encouraged me to have a go at putting in a new computer drive myself the first time :hilarious:

Today may be lunch out and a walk or it may just be a quiet day with a quick trip out for some shopping the weather will determine which :)

@DJC3 glad your daughter is at least getting some help now
@ianpspurs hope your knee starts to settle down and your menu cogitations are helpful :)
@Goacher55 and @gennepher yay for spreadsheets! ;)

Hope your day treats you well :)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.9 yesterday and 4.4 today

got up quite early yesterday but was nearly late for the charity shop and missed posting:sorry: I was googling for drivers for some software.
I'm thinking about upgrading the main hard drive in my desktop computer for a larger one and it seems to me that having to reinstall the operating system would be a good point to upgrade that too, that way I can keep the older drive as a backup until everything is up and running. Hopefully it will be fairly straightforward :angelic::p

I don't think mr gee quite realised what he was starting when he encouraged me to have a go at putting in a new computer drive myself the first time :hilarious:

Today may be lunch out and a walk or it may just be a quiet day with a quick trip out for some shopping the weather will determine which :)

@DJC3 glad your daughter is at least getting some help now
@ianpspurs hope your knee starts to settle down and your menu cogitations are helpful :)
@Goacher55 and @gennepher yay for spreadsheets! ;)

Hope your day treats you well :)
Thanks for the good wishes @geefull. Knee still looks as if it belongs to a much bigger man. Menu cogitations going nowhere fast - I fear I am destined to be one of life's failed LCers. If only I knew what demoralised meant. Good luck with the hard drive upgrade and enjoy whatever you finally decide to do today. Always a pleasure to read your posts.

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks for the good wishes @geefull. Knee still looks as if it belongs to a much bigger man. Menu cogitations going nowhere fast - I fear I am destined to be one of life's failed LCers. If only I knew what demoralised meant. Good luck with the hard drive upgrade and enjoy whatever you finally decide to do today. Always a pleasure to read your posts.

Years ago way before diabetes meat made me very ill. Every joint hurt as if I had flu. And more. I felt like I was going to die sometimes. Said so to my cousin, I was there for a week, and he ordered in some organic meats especially for me. He knew the farmer who said there were no chemicals in the meat or feedstuffs they had etc, and it was probably that what was affecting me. No one crossed paths with my cousin, and so we got the best.

I ate this meat and I was fine the whole week. And it was absolutely delicious. This was early 1990’s

When I came back home I sourced similar meat. Going to farmers, farm shops who promised there was nothing untoward in their meats.

I am sure you have tried this. But I thought I would tell you anyway.

>^..^<

Viv19

Years ago way before diabetes meat made me very ill. Every joint hurt as if I had flu. And more. I felt like I was going to die sometimes. Said so to my cousin, I was there for a week, and he ordered in some organic meats especially for me. He knew the farmer who said there were no chemicals in the meat or feedstuffs they had etc, and it was probably that what was affecting me. No one crossed paths with my cousin, and so we got the best.

I ate this meat and I was fine the whole week. And it was absolutely delicious. This was early 1990’s

When I came back home I sourced similar meat. Going to farmers, farm shops who promised there was nothing untoward in their meats.

>^..^<

When we were meeting up with old friends in June, one of the excursions included a visit to an old castle where a birds of prey team talked about their birds and flew them. Apparently they cannot feed their birds commercial meat because all of the additives, hormones and ddt in the meat (that we eat!), which kills the birds.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
When we were meeting up with old friends in June, one of the excursions included a visit to an old castle where a birds of prey team talked about their birds and flew them. Apparently they cannot feed their birds commercial meat because all of the additives, hormones and ddt in the meat (that we eat!), which kills the birds.
Blimey!
I had no idea of that.
Though I pretty much thought that what was bad for us is bad for wildlife as well.
But you don't realise all the implications and knock on effects.

>^..^<

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

>^..^<
Thanks for the helpful suggestion @gennepher. The provenance and quality of food is obviously important as your cousin knew. Sorry to hear about your previous reaction to meat but seems as though things have now improved. My menu cogitations have been ongoing for over a year now. As currently formulated by me this woe doesn't control bg very well and regularly "flattens" me. Last A1c very disappointing but no big problem. Other people have bigger problems and I'm sure if I try hard enough I can make something work. It worked a little better for 3 years and so many others thrive on this woe.

Last edited:

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning All.
Had a big surprise last night when No 1 son arrived from Dublin to join in my weekend of fun. He only emigrated a week ago so that was really unexpected. We are all dining at the pub tonight so should be another nice evening.
Have a great Saturday everyone. Stay well, stay safe.

I'm glad he came home. :) I hope y'all are having a great time.

7 for me this Saturday morning.

I hope the BBQs were successful and fun for everyone!

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Mum went to her GP because she felt a lump in her breast - in her late 60s, so about 25 years ago. He said ‘nothing to worry about.’ She never went to the doctor and almost needed wild horses to drag her there, so it wasn’t that she was a regular hypochondriac at the doctor’s on a regular basis. Anyway, months later she went back, this time she had a biopsy just before Christmas, and had the results after Christmas. Then she had the mastectomy.

That’s awful. Your poor mum, having taken the plunge and decided to see the doctor, to be then dismissed without even checking.