Vegetarians: What have you eaten today?

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
I always find burgers very filling too, a small salad is perfect with them for me! Or even just the burger with lettuce tomatoes and onion!

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Surprised by how nice a Wetherspoon’s gourmet veggie burger is (burger, guacamole, hummus and poco de gallo) over the weekend.

Reactions: Marie 2

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Surprised by how nice a Wetherspoon’s gourmet veggie burger is (burger, guacamole, hummus and poco de gallo) over the weekend.

Are they veggie or vegan? If vegan then how wonderful, and I can go to a Wetherspoons for a snack at lunch with the guys in the office (we have one just round the corner).

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Are they veggie or vegan? If vegan then how wonderful, and I can go to a Wetherspoons for a snack at lunch with the guys in the office (we have one just round the corner).
I had the veggie one but they do offer vegan options as well.

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
I had the veggie one but they do offer vegan options as well.

Thank you! Wetherspoons is just a dive through a side alley, and a 50 metre walk away from our office. That's great :hungry:

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

I am home today, and meals might be a bit haphazard but I am going to start off with peanut butter on toast. One of my comfort go-to meals.

Lunch had better be a chopped veg salad bowl mainly because I can't think of anything else haha.

Dinner is my husband's turn. I'll wait and be surprised. Probably curry or stir fry and either is good with me.

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
No worries.
More and more of the big chains are doing these online menus, so I have learned to rummage around their websites.
Costa do something similar, so I assume that Starbucks will too, and Maccies and Subway, and so on.

Of course that doesn't mean that there is anything on the menu that looks appetising ;) but it looks like Wetherspoons have put together some interesting meals.

Reactions: WuTwo

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
No worries.
More and more of the big chains are doing these online menus, so I have learned to rummage around their websites.
Costa do something similar, so I assume that Starbucks will too, and Maccies and Subway, and so on.

Of course that doesn't mean that there is anything on the menu that looks appetising ;) but it looks like Wetherspoons have put together some interesting meals.
Maccie D's have amazing nutritional info you can deconstruct a burger item by item and get the full breakdown of where all the carbs come from.

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Oh my - turns out that he's doing pulled jackfruit with a barbie sauce. Total yum. What a hero!

Mind you, I'm back on another course of antibiotics for the same wretched uti (sorry, tmi I know) and I will admit I feel a bit wretched. Let's see if this course does anything besides making me want to throw up haha.

Back on the raspberry juice, flat leaf parsley tea and have some dried echinacea which is good for all bacterial infections when prepaped as a tea, cos we're running out of antibiotics I'm prepared to take.

Edited for wretched spelling again!

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Lunch was a Pret mozzarella and pesto baguette. Dinner will be stir fried tofu and assorted leaves from the garden (spinach, chard, kale)

Reactions: Marie 2 and WuTwo

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Lunch was a Pret mozzarella and pesto baguette. Dinner will be stir fried tofu and assorted leaves from the garden (spinach, chard, kale)

Fresh picked garden leaves - so tasty and so good for you. I'd like that very much.

Reactions: Diakat

dms1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just finished an enormous plateful of Caponata + Greek salad (substituting vegan feta for dairy version). I made the caponata last night and the flavours had really matured by lunchtime today. So filling, I didn't need any starchy element.

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
I don’t think I’ve ever had caponata! Sounds delicious, I love capers.

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

I had scrambled tofu on toast for breakfast, but husband used extra kala namak and flora buttery so it tasted very luxurious.

Lunch I had raw edamame stir fry with a bit of cauliflour & coconut dahl. I sprinkled lots of omega seed mix on top. Nice.

Dinner, I think, is Frys schnitzels, a big stir fry and a little black rice. If I can manage the rice at all. I'll eat the stir fry by preference!

Reactions: Marie 2

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
Lol, Beyond Meat Burger on sprouted wheat bun and lettuce, tomatoes and onions. With my own thousand island sauce I make. Mayo, ketchup. relish and a small amount of mustard. I like a lot of relish in it for burgers.

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Scrambled tofu, sausages, fried mushrooms.

Lunch will be a chopped salad bowl.

Snack - oops - sheer comfort food because the antibiotics I am on (uti) clash with the epilepsy meds and make me feel appallingly unwell. Husband picked me up some vegan custard doughnuts from the Co-op. I feel happier but no better physically. Not to worry - boss sent me home and I aam comfy on the sofa. I'm not even going to log in to the office email account and that's a very rare thing. Doc did warn me, can't say he didn't.

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
A doughnut once in a while is not such a bad thing! I hope you feel better soon!