Type 1'stars R Us

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
@becca59 I do agree - so many would like it and would benefit from it. Don't think it'll happen though, given the state of the funding.

Mad76

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Most of the time I feel sorry for teachers. However, there are quite a few teachers in hisselve's family and I have never known a profession to complain so much. May just be them but it does get a tad wearing ... and they are not dealing with difficult pupils or schools.

Anyway, I am not a teacher and couldn't be ... something about all those kids. However, I still have to do some training today. Then catch a train to London for two meetings and then catch another train for another meeting. I expect to get home at about 10pm tonight and may be a tad tired.

Meanwhile, yesterday's spin and climbing has reminded my cough that it needs to make its presence known. That will make the training and meetings fun.
At least the diabetes is behaving itself - woke on 3.9 according to Libre and 4.9 according to finger prick. I would love to be one of those people who can trust their Libre so much they haven't finger pricked for months but I am just not that calibrated factory guy.
It reminds me of the way mobile phones work. They modulate voice against a typical 30 year old German male. Not surprising my voice is sometimes difficult to understand ... even when I try speaking German.

Haben Sie einen guten Tag.
Totally agree re the libre. I would love to not have to finger prick
This morning my libre showed 3.9 then finger prick was 6.4 !!!!!!!

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Morning everyone, grey and muggy. Up like a rocket, already done some washing, ironing and starting to rootle out stuff for tomorrow.
Holiday combined with 2 days paid work in Toulouse. Madam only just being acceptable 6.2, don't know why
Passez une bonne journee

Mad76

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Oh, that sounds utterly miserable, @WuTwo :( Have a cwtch from Wales (like a hug only MORE SO)

No work call yet, but then I got a shout at half eight yesterday, so I’m not getting changed back into civvies just yet. It’s a funny time of year in schools, there’s a lot of teachers off with stress, stressed teachers dragging themselves in because they want to be there for the end of term and because the year elevens have finished their GCSEs and aren’t in school, they can make up the gaps with the teachers who have more free lessons. So very hit and miss for we poor supply teachers!
That used to be me. Dressing myself in trying to make it till the end of term. Then being Ill for the first week of holidays !!

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Teachers work very hard @helensaramay, and it’s not always the kids that are the problem, it’s the endless govt. inspired form filling on top of the marking and the planning that means a lot of them work long hours at repetitive tasks that take them away from the stuff they and the kids really need.
At the beginning of the school year older daughter looks healthy, happy, no older than her years. At the end of it she has dark circles under her eyes, looks at least ten years older and far less healthy. And she loves the subject she teaches, the kids are mostly great, she enjoys making time in class as cheerful and fun as she can. As soon as they’ve paid off the mortgage she’ll be going part time so that she can live while she’s alive.

Reactions: Knikki and SueJB

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Yay! Day off :) Supply teaching is good in that you don’t have to do any marking, planning etc (although I do that for my Friday job share) - the volume of stuff my colleagues have to deal with is eye watering. I couldn’t do it. But supply teachers get treated like poo by not just the kids but some of the teachers too. Sat in the staff room at lunch yesterday and was totally ignored by everyone. I’ve built a few good relationships with my Friday kids and colleagues though - it’s surprising how much difference just having a lanyard that says “staff” instead of “visitor” makes to their attitudes.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
That used to be me. Dressing myself in trying to make it till the end of term. Then being Ill for the first week of holidays !!

Yes, I remember that too. The first week was amnesty week - stress tempers and illness. Not good. And I taught 16+

Reactions: Knikki

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all,

@Mel dCP the cat is getting a bit better each day, and as he's started to eat a bit Vet has said to reduce his tube feed, so still looking positive.

I was going to make some comment about yesterdays discussions..........:rolleyes::hilarious::hilarious:!

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Current view:

66B1A2A2-C304-4ADE-8F4D-F7277DB38E04.jpeg

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Totally agree re the libre. I would love to not have to finger prick
This morning my libre showed 3.9 then finger prick was 6.4 !!!!!!!

That's a huge difference! I haven't a Libre and think I might lose patience with one. Do you find it valuable?

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Morning all,

@Mel dCP the cat is getting a bit better each day, and as he's started to eat a bit Vet has said to reduce his tube feed, so still looking positive.

I was going to make some comment about yesterdays discussions..........:rolleyes::hilarious::hilarious:!

Good to hear. Really hope he has a full recovery.

Reactions: slip

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Moaning..............
Reading through this thread and all I can see are erections and clitori!!!!!! And now pictures of *****!!
AND on that I am out of hear for half an hour :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Moaning..............
Reading through this thread and all I can see are erections and clitori!!!!!! And now pictures of *****!!

Well you can't say you don't see life on here!

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Moaning..............

Do you mean felines? Real ones? (Pretending to be thread police )