Type 1'stars R Us

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Can I have hers please? They'd go really well with my meal. We are having aduki beanburgers, jacket spuds, peas and broccoli. I'd like strawberries and yoghurt for dessert and husband always wants ice-cream.

Sorry I've eaten them :oops:

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
For any newly dx'd who are worried about people "looking at them" when they are doing normal T1 stuff in public, I am currently located in my local pub, libre had reached the end of it's 14.5 days (the 0.5 freebie is courtesy of xdrip+), so, took my jacket off, pulled the MiaoMiao off it, rubbed the sticky stuff off, attached new stickers, planted it on the 24 hr pre-soaked libre on the other arm, calibrated it with a bg test, and then took an injection for my next pint.

No-one batted an eye-lid. Although that was mainly because they were all staring at their phones...

Ahhh, their beloved phones :rolleyes:

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I think I spent most of the day eating because I need to eat and not because I want to eat. I’m currently disliking my body, diabetes and the clothes I’m wearing. I’ve been looking at cute skirts and thinking I’ll never be pretty in skirts. I haven’t bought any clothes for over a year, if I do buy clothes it’s mostly hoodies, leggings, yoga pants and sports bras because stretchy. Or I steal my bf’s clothes because it’s more roomy y do we wamen need to be restricted in clothes? I mean even skinny girls size up in shirts and sweaters because it’s cute. Any way I’m rambling, even at the age of 26 I still don’t love myself as much. I don’t hate diabetes, I’m not burn out by it, I just want it to cooperate but that doesn’t happen often. I look at my baby cousin who is 8 months old, she is blowing raspberries in her baby belly rolls and I wish I had 5% of her body confidence. However I am a lot more healthier than I was when I was a teenager. I was on the lower end of overweight bmi.

Reactions: porl69

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning! Swim fit, then painting summerhouse floor, then grass cutting, in Bloom plant watering, ironing, bathroom cleaning, lunch at 3 then collapse and relax. Awoke on a 4.5 after a pretty straight line but shot to 7 whilst putting kettle on. Should have injected first grr!
Last of the pleasant weather I think so enjoy before we have to get the brollies out.

Reactions: Robinredbreast

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
I have always been sporty - hockey, lacrosse, netball, swimming - then karate (for many a long year) and finally gym bunny followed promptly by distance rower. I was tall for a woman of my generation, but nothing odd now, and always of a sporty build. I felt like an elephant compared to the delicate skinny flowers I was mates with at school.

It took me years to grow into being me, and now I don't give a flying eff what anyone thinks of me.

In the words of Jenny Joseph (great poet - look her up)

When I am an old woman I shall wear purple
With a red hat which doesn’t go, and doesn’t suit me.
And I shall spend my pension on brandy and summer gloves
And satin sandals, and say we’ve no money for butter.
I shall sit down on the pavement when I’m tired
And gobble up samples in shops and press alarm bells
And run my stick along the public railings
And make up for the sobriety of my youth.
I shall go out in my slippers in the rain
And pick flowers in other people’s gardens
And learn to spit.

You can wear terrible shirts and grow more fat
And eat three pounds of sausages at a go
Or only bread and pickle for a week
And hoard pens and pencils and beermats and things in boxes.

But now we must have clothes that keep us dry
And pay our rent and not swear in the street
And set a good example for the children.
We must have friends to dinner and read the papers.

But maybe I ought to practise a little now?
So people who know me are not too shocked and surprised
When suddenly I am old, and start to wear purple.

That's me - wearing purple and letting me out!

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Good morning everyone numbers seem to be getting back to normal now have a great day everyone

That is good to hear. Have a good day :)

Reactions: karen8967

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Morning all, nice smooth night here. Loop is almost taking the fun out of type one.... remind me of that when I inevitably run into problems :hilarious:

B550A434-6110-4DAF-9C9C-C4FD6545823B.png

Just waiting for a phone call to tell me if and where I’m working today, so I’ve turned myself into a teacher in readiness. Coffee made in my travel cups, eggs boiled and peeled.

Have a good one x

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Good morning guys, bad numbers last night, corrected with 1 1/2 units, still going up, so had another 1 unit, but this morning was unbelievable, threw the cartridge in the bin and put in a new one, with 3 1/2 more units, god knows what is happening :wideyed:
No work today, so accompanying my daughter to the hospital this morning, for 9.40 as she has an appointment, we will bus there, but I will walk back. Sunny here and on my 2 nd cuppa, mouth is as dry as the Sahara.
Hope you all have a great Monday.

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

There's something going round, I think. Or else we all got a totally useless batch of insulin. Mine is taking more than it should to achieve the same result but I can't change the ratio because every now and and again it reverts! THis tells me that there hasn't been a true change, and I must just weather things as they are because they will go back.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Definitely something odd going round! A little better here today and bloods so far back to their old selves. Really hope the phase of nighttime corrections has passed! One more night to see what’s happening before upping the basal - really don’t like nighttime hypos.
If it’s landed on your shoulder too @Robinredbreast I hope you can shrug it off asap.

Mad76

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, another annoying one from me. Woke to a lovely 5.4 on my libre ... blood prick then tells me its 8.4 !!!!!!!!!

Anyway, need to stop all these late night meals. BG all over the place.
Today's the day I'm going to reign it all in.

Looks like its going to be super hot here today, already got the AC on

Reactions: porl69

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
morning all, so the plan to leave tube feeding the cat till last, before I leave for work (instead of first job in the morning) worked, he managed to eat a bit this morning - over the weekend he had been showing signs of being interested in food (and a bit more like his old self). He's due back at the vets on wednesday for a review.

On the BG front, lets say fair to middling - Saturday during the day was good, blew it a bit at tea/dinner/supper (BBQ was great though!), Sunday afternoon was skimming along in the high 3's low 4's, slight miss judge on the evening meal but then over corrected at bedtime and woke to a 2.3 early doors.

Hey ho!

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

@slip - good news about the cat! Sorry about your bloods. But the fact your cat is showing even a little interest is wonderful. Shows it's just a matter of time!

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Well I’m just babysitting today, for a so-called study group of kids who have no work set, no homework, no nothing. So they’re just having a chat. I’ve spent the time setting up temporary overrides in my Loop app, so I’ve got one for driving where I can run a smidge higher, and a similar one for work. It’s working well, I just need to trust it and accept that I don’t necessarily know better when I try to go off-piste and make my own decisions! The pink bit is a prediction, and was the foot on the floor this morning - in the event I only just skirted 7mmol, so have stayed completely in range for 48+ hours now.

Hugs to the cat, @slip ❤️

8FABECFE-CE90-40B3-9872-D6F72376D00A.jpeg

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Well I’m just babysitting today, for a so-called study group of kids who have no work set, no homework, no nothing. So they’re just having a chat. I’ve spent the time setting up temporary overrides in my Loop app, so I’ve got one for driving where I can run a smidge higher, and a similar one for work. It’s working well, I just need to trust it and accept that I don’t necessarily know better when I try to go off-piste and make my own decisions! The pink bit is a prediction, and was the foot on the floor this morning - in the event I only just skirted 7mmol, so have stayed completely in range for 48+ hours now.

Hugs to the cat, @slip ❤️

View attachment 34187

I think you've invented yourself a pancreas ......

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I thought that, and my husband agrees. Guess what he's picking up at the shops tomorrow! We have plenty of jackfruit, and if I make a decent sauce, we can have jackfruit and something pizza on mushroom bases. Yum!

I am hobbit like in my devotion to mushrooms. All. Any. Just gimme the mushies!

upload_2019-7-8_13-23-45.jpeg

Reactions: WuTwo