Type 1'stars R Us

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
And on a diabetes note. Bloods have been rubbish last night and today! My DSN wanted me to up my levels....I think I am managing that atm!! 9.9 through the night (no alarms), then since breakfast 14, seems like I am using water today! Sat on a 12.5 atm

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
And on a diabetes note. Bloods have been rubbish last night and today! My DSN wanted me to up my levels....I think I am managing that atm!! 9.9 through the night (no alarms), then since breakfast 14, seems like I am using water today! Sat on a 12.5 atm

I dunno what it is at the moment. Most of us seem to have blood mixed with sugar for some reason. The insulin is just something we inject for fun for all the good it does.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
I dunno what it is at the moment. Most of us seem to have blood mixed with sugar for some reason. The insulin is just something we inject for fun for all the good it does.

Mine’s on the low side today but libre built a hill again last night. Raising nighttime basal again tonight and it’ll be the first time the night one’s higher than the day one. Is there a dastardly plan being operated somewhere? By a man with gold jewellery and a big fluffy white cat?

Reactions: Knikki

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
Totally. Sooner or later the demand for all our money will arrive, and once we pay up our insulin will all be restored!

We need a plan!

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I’m a bit all over the place today too. Overcorrected for the foot on the floor, then overcorrected for the resulting low, then overcorrected for the inevitable high. Should have just done what Loop suggested instead of trying to be clever... :rolleyes:

Reactions: SueJB

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

I’m a bit all over the place today too. Overcorrected for the foot on the floor, then overcorrected for the resulting low, then overcorrected for the inevitable high. Should have just done what Loop suggested instead of trying to be clever... :rolleyes:

Yeah but it's a new system. It's going to take a bit of time to learn to trust it. It's natural :)

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Hey @Mel dCP - is this something you could patent?

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Hey @Mel dCP - is this something you could patent?
No, it’s using code freely available to all, and the instructions to build the RileyLink are also freely available. I’ve just picked and chosen the bits of code I need for my pump and CGM to build my own personal app.

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Seems a shame because there is no doubt it's going to make a big difference to your life, once all it's little ways and kinks are understood/sorted.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
No, it’s using code freely available to all, and the instructions to build the RileyLink are also freely available. I’ve just picked and chosen the bits of code I need for my pump and CGM to build my own personal app.

Not everyone could do this - paramedic and diabetes clinic special loop instructor job beckoning?

Reactions: hh1 and WuTwo

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Seems a shame because there is no doubt it's going to make a big difference to your life, once all it's little ways and kinks are understood/sorted.
It’s freely available to everyone, anyone can have it, which I just love. It’s a really altruistic community. Someone from California even sent me a USB stick with a patch for my elderly laptop so that I could use it to build the app :)

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Posted this on the wrong thread. It was meant to be on here
https://www.diabetesonthenet.com/jo...-world-population-southampton-city-experience

Particularly found the bit on pumps interesting. The results overall show widespread use of the Libre is a no brainer for those that would like it - it my opinion!

I just had a quick look at this, did I read it right? of the 89 in the study, during the year prior to libre they had 14 DKAs, 11 a&e hypo visits and 10 999 ambulance calls?!? I feel I'm missing out! o_O (Finger in the air I reckon +£30,000 cost to the NHS) - but none in the 6 months whilst using the libre :happy:

Last edited:
Reactions: Knikki and WuTwo
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Moaning..............
Reading through this thread and all I can see are erections and clitori!!!!!! And now pictures of *****!!
AND on that I am out of hear for half an hour :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

OMG what has been going on here, who lowered the tone, come on own up, or should I get my detective hat on ...............who was it :wideyed: ;):D ?

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
@Robinredbreast the stars make it look worst than it is!!!! :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

AND on a much better note my BG is 5.6 BUT on a south easterly direction.....Dinner time is here so will sort that arrow out very soon

Reactions: Fairygodmother
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
That's a huge difference! I haven't a Libre and think I might lose patience with one. Do you find it valuable?

I must admit I have, so far, been very happy with my new Libre, just 12 days old and with an appointment with Gp on Thursday, for something else, he should have the letter from DSN regarding putting sensors on repeat prescription, if not I will be without ! :wideyed:

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

I declare myself as innocent as I can be, given that I'm married, have a child and am a woman of the world .......

Reactions: porl69

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@slip yes you read that correctly. I couldn’t believe it either. In fact in the breakdown 5 people called for 11 ambulances between them Also interesting that for 4 their anxiety worsened using it due to seeing what your levels are actually doing behind your back. Personally I think this is why some Type 1s are taking the lower carb intake route.